Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged Plant Unknown

Any idea what this would be from?

how far away are your leds, what is your grow medium ,what is your nutrient schedule as much info as you can give please
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• BoofPakk
      BoofPakk commented
      Editing a comment
      650w, fox farm ocean forest, no nutrients. light is about 2 feet away but other plants are loving it.

A deficiency of some kind - calcium/boron/magnesium/nutrients - pick one or all. Best one could guess with your limited information.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
      how far away are your leds
      What came to mind immediately to me was light burn.

Comment

measure how far away your light is then move it up 1 inch then see if it disappears little increments thats the problem with more than one strain you can only do what the weakest plant will put up with
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Whatever the issue is, you are in the early stages with time to recover. I have had ph issues my last two grows so that would be my first guess and easy to check. High or low ph can look like a lot of other deficiencies. Are you checking ph of water and run off?
          DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
          315 LEC
          6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

Personally, I would throw some cal-mag at that lady. With LEDs, you'll need more of that nute than most soils can give. You can compensate by moving your light higher, but you want to give them all the light they can handle, the more cal-mag they can take, the more light they can handle. Magnesium is like the plants sunscreen, it protects the chlorophyll from being damaged from bright lights. It's mobile unlike nitrogen, so the plant will take it from lower leaves and move it to protect the new growth.

Comment

• Locrian99
              Locrian99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know

Originally posted by Waltermelon View Post
            With LEDs, you'll need more of that nute than most soils can give.
            I keep hearing people say that--the plants need more Ca/Mg under LEDs--but for the life of me I can't think of WHY that would be. Sorry, but that sounds like grower folklore to me.

Originally posted by Waltermelon View Post
            Magnesium is like the plants sunscreen, it protects the chlorophyll from being damaged from bright lights. It's mobile unlike nitrogen, so the plant will take it from lower leaves and move it to protect the new growth.
            You might want to break out your botany textbook for a little review. In fact, both N and Mg are mobile nutrients. And Mg doesn't so much protect chlorophyll as it is the metallic ion in the center of the chlorophyll molecule.
            Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 01-28-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I find this interesting I too use twice the cal mag in the first 2 weeks if veg under leds I never thought it was the leds tho. Just never gave it much thought just reacted to the plants needs. Next time I am going to raise my leds up another 6 inches see if that helps. Never a cal mag issue under my 315cmh
              It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorJohnson View Post

I keep hearing people say that--the plants need more Ca/Mg under LEDs--but for the life of me I can't think of WHY that would be. Sorry, but that sounds like grower folklore to me.

You might want to break out your botany textbook for a little review. In fact, both N and Mg are mobile nutrients. And Mg doesn't so much protect chlorophyll as it is the metallic ion in the center of the chlorophyll molecule.
                ahhh how cute, I got my first crush. I'll get back at this tomorrow .glad you took a liking to me though.

Comment

When you lovebirds are done, check your soil pH.

Because what the good, twitterpated, doctor meant to say was "even the mobile nutrients won't mobilize from the soil very well if the root zone pH is wonky" (or some shit like that, I suppose).
                  I need a cigarette.
                  Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Make it a big fatty DK, trash them ciggies, haha, lots of new plant doctor
                    s in the house now, Same as the old doctors. Ain't they.
                    Can't figure out the prescription.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X