Growers pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growers pain

Changing a 3 bedroom 1 bath home to 2 and 2. Making a bedroom to a wheelchair friendly bathroom. So my grow tent is directly underneath the access to the attic. Tent was dismantled before Xmas - thus - the pain of not being able to watch anything growing.

So I have been living and watching around this forum, getting my grow fix from you guys.
    Got some asbestos in the mud in the drywall, so that will be remediated next few days. Not a good start, but after going through about 20 contractors and getting some off the wall comments about what that black tent is for. So what. Canada is going legal this year Woohoo!!!
    I told one contractor it was an environmentally stable grow area for my cats catnip. He said 'huh'. Although none of them asked to look inside. It's not like I'm trying to hide the odor either, cuz I don't. My wife and I like the odor.
    Renovations start Feb 05, six weeks of noise for my poor pussycat. Germination will begin middle of March with some OG Kush seeds from Humboldt Seed Company. Definitely going to get me some Foliar spray before I start.

Happy growing everyone - Keep on posting.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Nice. If weed was legal in my area I would grow outdoors to avoid all that type of trouble. Your story makes me look forward to the day when genetically modified cannabis strains come out. I'd definitely buy one that's frost resistant. My growing season would be extended so much lol

Comment

Yeah but my stupid government will only allow 4 plants per household per year. And only 1 meter tall - 40 inches. I think I can grow 12 autoflowers a year easy. Last grow yielded 12 ounces, now that I'm getting the hang of it, including some of the tricks to making one's plant happy happy happy.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Last i seen, they nixed the 1m thing. They dont want the rcmp going around with meter sticks holstered next to their firearms.

Bummer about the home renovation, and the need to alter your home for accessibility. It sounds like you could use the solace of a little grow.

You could grow an auto out on a bathroom counter or window sill with supplemental lighting. This works well, it's from Home Dopey, pretty cheep, looks like natural light without it blasting the bejeezuz out of your retinas. It could be a little house plant with a spotlight. Da da DAAAHH!

Several GWErs have shared Sour Hound and Tyrone as small but potent autos that will knock your dick in the dirt.

I mean Kind Soil.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can wait a bit, then put my tent back up and do things the right way. Doesn't matter about the one meter thing, most of my plants are below that.

Canuck147, Sorry to hear as growing itself is therapeutic and healing to a lot of us. I feel your pain I have not spoken up about it, my last grow had to come to an abrupt end due to circumstances out of my control. I had to cut them in the second week of flowering after spending all my time saving them through veg, getting them healthy, it just had the end. Sometimes the need for better things outweighs the grow.
      Keep your chin up and grow on my friend.

R.I.P
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20171212_151642.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	166772
      Space for Rent.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for your loss, Mr.furley, but a wise grower knows when to cut and run.

Canuck147, what are the chances of legalization in Canada? I see where the House approved overwhelmingly but read last week that Senate has other thoughts... At least your PM is openly in favor unlike here in the States!
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Purav, it will happen.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        It'll be legalised. Higher ups are working on it now. I'm sure the government has been looking real close at the taxes being collected by Washington, Oregon and the other states. With those numbers in the millions, cannabis will be legalised. They can only tax gas, booze and tobacco so much.

Hang in there Canuck it might be a long winter... we will be here to supply Grower's Therapy so check in regularly.

Just wanted to share a glimpse of Spring. An OG Kush seedling that will be finishing about the time yours sprouts.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like she's ready for topping.

• KingKush
        KingKush commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a photoperiod strain which is all I grow because I need to cut off clones to keep self perpetuating.
        With that being said... what's a good strategy for topping, while still keeping some good sites for cloning? If I top now, I will end up with 4 strong clones and then it will be manifolded nicely, I think?
        I'll go snap a photo right now perhaps you could help me some more. Thanks!

Canuck147 Where would you top? The lower part of the stalk or right at the top?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that I look at it closer - after smoking up, everything works better after that - I see she is finishing her third node and the fourth will be next. So I would wait until she has four nodes under her and her fifth looks exactly like that third node looks now. Then cut her down to the third node being careful not to cut the new growth off. Waiting gives her a better chance at a stronger and faster recovery after being topped. And as she recovers you get to decide on LST or not.
        Good luck growing, your plant looks real good. Nice color.

Hey thanks for all that!
      I'm used to starting with clones which tend to grow out uneven when small. These are seedlings so I think they deserve a proper manifold. A true hub. So my plan is to top, then let the lower nodes grow out just enough to cut off for cloning. That should take care of everything but one central hub.

I left too many lower branches last run, even though they were nearest to the roots, those lowest branches never catch up.
      And I never seem to get my branches spread out enough to really take advantage of all the light. I end up growing different strains all the time so it feels like I'm always a half step behind #GrowingPains

Comment

I suspect that in a few months, 'nuk' will be bragging about his new harem....
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I will, gonna get me some 'Foliar Essence', try producing some co2 this time.
          Got some OG Kush on deck ready to germinate.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yay! Already planning, that is also a rewarding part of growing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X