No announcement yet.

First auto grow - Cheese XXL and Moby Dick XXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello gdogfunkly_ I just grew some Blue Cheese this past summer and of the two strains it is by far my favorite. Its on my top 10 list for sure. Still stinky and sticky_even after 6 months in the jars.
    Your gonna be happy! That Cheese will grow fast. its ok if your topping was actually a FIM. I've gotten some amazing results from a FIM but its not nearly as predictable as a toped plant.
    My Blue cheese had long branches so it was a good candidate for toping or FIMing_easy to LST after. Here's a pick of what you're gonna be looking at in a few months. cheers!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• gdogfunkly
      gdogfunkly commented
      Editing a comment
      Your plants look amazing! I'm not sure how Blue Cheese compares to Cheese XXL, but she's already a limburger lol I ended up topping after all...so far, so good!

Day 26: Just watching them grow now. URB foliar in the morning, Cal-mag foliar in the evening. I raised the light slightly a couple of days ago to keep them at the 24" range and to grow up into the light a bit.

Comment

Day 27: URB foliar in the morning, Cal-mag folair in the evening. Cheese is growing nicely now and smells reallly good now. Moby Dick is starting to pick up the pace and the new tops are coming along.

Comment

Day 28: URB Foliar in the morning and cal-mag foliar in the evening. Cheese is really starting to bush out and is growing lush, thick leaves. MD is going string now, but not as strong as Cheese. I think she will still turn into a good size plant.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Gdog, your plants are looking nice, and healthy.

Day 29: Cal-mag foliar in the morning and URB foliar in the evening. (I had to mix more URB when I came home). Fed week 4 nutes today. I mistakenly fed my young clones the same feed. Hopefully, the don't get burned too bad!

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          how much are you feeding into the medium at this pint? they look real nice

• gdogfunkly
          gdogfunkly commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I'm feeding about 1/4 gallon per plant every three days. I fed Cheese a little more yesterday since she's much larger. Using coco in the mix is misleading about medium dryness. I could probably water a bit more frequently, but they seem healthy, so I'll increase watering when they are a bit bigger.

Day 30: URB foliar in the morning, cal-mag foliar in the evening. I tied MD down a bit the other day to get some LST going and she's growing, but nowhere near the lightning speed of Cheese. Wow, huge difference in growth with all things being equal. I wonder if I would have the same result from the next MD seed. This may be a case of tall plant, short plant. On Cheese, I noticed the first preflowers with pistils at a lower stem node, so I decided to kick on the BLOOM switch of the LED. All switches are on now, so we shall see what kind of growth happens now. I had an onion growing out of control in my pantry, so I planted it in a 1 gal fabric pot and added it in the tent. Kind of smells like onion in there now. And catnip....and weed lol

Comment

Day 31: URB foliar in the morning, cal-mag foliar in the evening. I used some paperclips inserted in the edge of the fabric pot to tie down the branches for more LST. This plant is growing so rubbery and lush, it's amazing. I wish MD was growing as strong...she's growing, but not much to report today.

Comment

Day 32: URB foliar in the morning, cal-mag foliar in the evening. Did a bit more tying down on Cheese and fed week 5 nutes, which bumps up the grow nutes .5ml/gal. If the clones could take 1ml/gal in solo cups and not even blink, I think Cheese can handle the .5ml bump up. She's got more preflower pistils showing at the nodes now. I'll continue veg nutes for another week or so and maybe think about 1/2 veg/bloom nutes for the transition. I tied down the mains on MD and got the LST underway. I don't see any preflowers yet, so probably has some growing to do.

Comment

Day 33: I stopped foliar feeding since I saw the pre-flower pistils. I will keep feeding veg nutes for a bit longer until I see the switch happening. I was adjusting my LST tie downs and I accidentally ripped a side branch almost clean off. I felt the fibers tear and it still haunts me. I gasped and thought quickly about what I'd read to fix a broken branch, so I grabbed my clonex and applied some to the wound and used some packing tape to wrap it up. I checked on it a bit later and it was wilting. Not good.

Comment

Day 34: Wow, the clonex fix seems to really work! I think the torn branch is going to make it! One smaller fan leaf was dried up, so I cut it off, but the rest of the top seems to be reaching lightward. I hope that didn't stress her too much, this is an amazing plant growing right now. Fastest growth I've seen of all 4 plants growing right now. I fed a small amount of URB/cal-mag/mammothP water today to begin slowly increasing the water/feeding since they are growing so strong now. Plus I thought it would be good for a change since I've been feeding them nutes each time.

Comment

Day 35: I adjusted some more LST tie downs and added a few more. The broken branch is healing nicely and doesn't appear to have stressed her at all, from what I can tell. MD had some LST adjustment to spread her arms a bit. She's starting to fill in and I'm seeing some preflowers now.

Comment

Day 36: Did yet more LST adjustment tonight and fed week 6 nutes. She is really showing the preflowers now, but I'll continue veg nutes until I start to see pistils at the top. I might try a mix of some bloom as well, not sure yet. MD had to do more LST adjustment tonight. I also fed week 6 nutes and she's starting to fill in now. Nowhere near Cheese, but still going strong!

Comment

Nice LST work my friend

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                        gdogfunkly commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! I'm just using paper clips pushed through the fabric pot and then using plant twist ties (very carefully) too pull the branches down. I first bent them over after topping using a long length of heavy duty plant wire, then used the twist ties after they grew bigger.

Day 37: Fed a little URB/cal-mag/mammothP today. Just letting her grow at the moment. Pistils are starting to show, so I'm thinking the stretch is nearing completion. MD is starting to become a nice little bush. I am anxious to taste the difference between these two autos.

Comment

Day 38: Pulled them out of the tent and did some additional LST since it was too awkward to get to the branches. I also mixed up week 7 nutes. PPMs seem a tad high compared to the same mixture from my other grow. I'll give a small dose tomorrow and see what happens. Smelling great!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X