Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning help? - bit urgent...

Hi gang,

Sooo theoretically is this doable? 3 weeks to go and the idea of cloning a really great humbolt blue dream has really been at the forefront of thoughts. No experience, but can it be done with little to no extra material? Can it be done with soil and solo cups and a dome? No trimming of lower materials on the plant so are these options? If so what length and height do you cut? Little help, your know how would be great insight!!

Giggler, I cut stems that are about 6 inches long. I strip lower leaves and scratch the stem in a few places with a knife edge (more potential root sites). I dip them in rooting powder and then put them in solo cups with my regular soil. I water once thoroughly and then VERY sparingly. Set them under a cfl in a warm place until they start to grow vigorously. Take more than u need. Some will make it, some wont. Its that easy.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• Canyon Grower
      Canyon Grower commented
      Editing a comment
      Not that critical really. You can skip cloning powder all together, just helps things along. One thing not mentioned by me or others in this thread is that some varieties clone much more easily than others. Some are hard to get going, others you cant kill even if you tried.

• TheGreenGiggler
      TheGreenGiggler commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, here goes nothing. Let’s see how it works. How long till a humbolt blue dream should take?

• Therocketsurgeon
      Therocketsurgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      When you look for rooting powder, check the label for a hormone. Usually its indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) or 1-naphthaleneacetic acid (NAA). Also make sure your knife is sterile! Clean it with some isopropyl alcohol..

You can grow clones with just water man. There are a million and 1 vids on youtube.

All you need is water and scissors with no investment
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Gg, check my Diy cloner. $20.
      Hello, I'm Mr.Furley and this will be my thread. CANNA SALVE/LOTION RECIPE: 1. Melt 2 cups of coconut oil in the microwave down to a liquid. 2. preheat
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

cfl is right or t12 flouresents and i use jiffy7s and honey but if 3 weeks to harvest its a bit to late

Comment

So how long till I need to transfer them from a dome to tent?

Comment

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Once you see new growth that means they are rooted. Feel free to transfer them to the tent after that.

Hey, next question..... how much do you water the clones? Day 2 onwards!!

Comment

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            To be honest if I were you, I would look up monster cropping tutorials because that's what you're doing. You should be able to find some help on one of those cuz you're not doing the exact normal cloning.

• TheGreenGiggler
            Editing a comment
            Good thought! I will do some reading up, thanks urbz!

• TheGreenGiggler
            Editing a comment
            Haha, sooooo with very little effort...... this works! So far anyways, how long do you wait to transplant? Snipped dipped and drop into solo cups, but i have no idea s to how long to wait? The leaves didn’t even get crazy, btw.

And ..... mold on 3 of the four remaining! Damn grey mold. Hadn’t realized the vents on the dome had fallen shut..... that sucks.

Comment

I know this wasn't part of the post, but you could also harvest the plant except for one branch. Throw that back to veg for a few months and clone from there. Just a backup plan in case the clone doesn't root.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X