Mh hps bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mh hps bulbs

So I've heard our bulbs produce less light over time even if they still work and i should by new bulbs about every three grows. What r your thoughts or facts? What's your procedure and experience with replacing mh/hps bulbs?

HPS> 24,000 hours is the rating, but for growing the lamp should be replaced after 18 months.
    Last edited by starramus; 01-10-2018, 01:03 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      24000 hours ok thanks. By lamp do u mean bulb or the socket/reflector?

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      bulb = lamp

I replace once a year.

Comment

St. Buds I replace my bulb every year or 3 grows everything else is fine hold on to your old one then if lights are out when they should be on you have something to test the bulb if the old one doesn't work then its your ballast , I have had one of these burn out to
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I ain't had my 315cmh long enough to know, but I put a new 3100k lamp in my light yesterday an it reads 550 lux at 17 inches, the one I took out read 390 lux at 17 inches, an my plant likes the new one.
        Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 01-10-2018, 11:24 AM.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          How long were you using old bulb? I thought that was one of the benefits of 315's... longer lamp life. This is my first grow with my 315 and I was surprised at LUX readings. Mine are similar to your original readings (390) which is okay for veg but was expecting more for flower. Makes me wonder about lamp consistency...

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning PuravidaC, the old one was a GrowersChoice lamp, I got 3 of them a 3100k, a 4200k, an a 10,000k finishing lamp.
          The one with the best lux is the one I got in there now it's a Phillips 3100k, Argo greenmaster. Phillips are the best I think, I don't
          know for sure.
          Ps- it came with the light ,about a couple months old I reckon.

I replace after 3 grows like it or not lol

Comment

Awesome thank u all for the replys

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X