Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrog height question - advice needed ASAP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Scrog height question - advice needed ASAP.

I've read, re-read and read again and again the GWE Scrog tutorial. I've followed it step by step as closely as I possibly could. There seems to be a bit of lacking details in the tutorial and now I have a decision to make. Yesterday's GWE email newsletter covers some scrog mistakes. In this case, the newsletter reveals a KEY part of information that is completely missing from the scrog tutorial. This is the first time I've ever read that you need to keep the plants UNDER the screen until week 2 of flower (at the minimum). So, not having that key piece of info until now, I'm torn on whether or not I need to raise my screen to the max height of 8" from the soil. The screen sits at 6" above the soil right now and the plants have been growing up into the screen over the last week and I've been tucking and adjusting twice per day. I've been told to get approximately 70-85% of the screen filled before flowering. So, do I just leave it be and continue to tuck at 6" or raise the screen and try not to make the 'scrog mistake' of not letting the flowering stretch fill in the screen? I guess the risk of staying at 6" is if the veg fills to much of the screen, then I'm stuck with too much plant during the stretch. What should I do? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

This is how full the screens are right now: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...sia-haze/page5

Sounds perfectly fine. If I where you I’d add another scrog two weeks after switch just to keep them raised. Don’t mess with the existing scrog

Comment

^^^^ This is the best solution.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I'm a SCRoGer and I started with the GWE tutorial. Any missing information can be figured out as you go along. You may make mistakes, but in a SCRog, I don't think that any 'mistakes' are too serious and you can still have a successful grow. I think that what is meant by keeping the plant under the net until 2 weeks into flower is simply that you should keeping tucking the branches back under the net until 2 (or3) weeks into flower then stop and watch her grow!. I wouldn't raise or change the net - just make notes and make improvements next time. I love the SCRoG and use it exclusively now.
        I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
        Blue Mystic (7 gal)
        VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
        Coco Coir w/30% perlite
        Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Thanks everyone! I opted to raise the screen up to 8". I probably could have left it, but figured I'd follow things as close to the book as possible. I also didn't want to build another screen as a second layer. While it's my first indoor and first scrog, I want the maximum results I can get. Is 2" for 4 days going to make a difference before the flip? I guess I'll find out! Either way, raising it up was no big deal and I made an adjustment to get to the drip tray easier to empty runoff, so it was worth the effort. I'm just getting anxious since the flip is coming soon and I want to get to the finish line!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X