No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some pics from the other Aurora Indica that is going to be harvested Friday, also a few from one of the Girl Scout cookies that will likely go Sunday. Put it in small tent dark Friday night. Nice thing is I can take the big tent one plant at a time once I have the Little tent clear, seems like that is how they are looking they want to go. GSC1 and WW1 have definently starting putting on some weight as. I'll get a couple pics of them tonight and will water tonight or tomorrow I think the GSC is done with nutes but the WW will get a feeding tonight likely their last.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll measure them tonight when I get the scissors out. I have them trained to be so bushy though I’m not sure it’s a good judge of height.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      In a 5’3” tent and need 18” for light so I did everything I could to keep em short.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      The one I cut tonight was 18” tall

I would just cut the entire plant now that way you can see the difference in the effects of the more amber thricombs vs the more milky less amber.. that way on your next grow you will know what works best for you. That’s what I would do anyways..

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Calis right Locrian experiment when you harvest I used to wait for 20 to 30% Amber now if I want couch lock I leave them till lots of amber but I also will take them when mostly cloudy you might be surprised

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m going to harvest one of them tonight.

I really need to buy one of those trimming machines. Wife wasn’t feeling well so it was a solo trim session. I ended up hanging a few branches that I’ll trim tomorrow. The other AI will probably be chopped Wednesday. And GSCs Friday. I have a few friends coming Friday to take on the GSC hoping they both are ready.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh. Yea I was at about 4 hours last night but needed a break. I’m a little nervous on having friends help but I figure I can go back over it if needed.

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy harvest! My blue dream off my last grow took me 7 1/2 hours...it was not fun lol. I'm a fan of harvest day, but I don't want to spend a third of my day doing it lol.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been using a few friends the last couple plants. I give them bud anyways I might as well get something out of it. Their trimming job could be a bit better but it’s good enough for the hours of my life saved lol

AI one is now in the dark will start harvesting her tomorrow. Problem I didn’t think about is where I’m going to be drying all the plants the little closet organizer I use might have room for one more. Guess I’ll just have to run some string or something. Shook the dirt off the roots for Ai2 that 5 gallon smart pot was full of little roots. Fade is on for the GSCs and one Wonder Woman. The more Sativa looking WW has not started the fade as much. I’ll scope them all tonight. Guessing though I’ll be chopping at least two this weekend.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread. Here's a pic of the glove extraction from my last harvest, what's left at least 😁
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20180424_180129.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	198727
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
      5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
      Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
      400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
      ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
      13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy that's quite a bit 3g.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        that was a fantastic haul Rosetta I just have to remember to put gloves on lol

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man I can’t imagine going with no gloves ojh. I put one in my left hand that I hold the stem with and leave my right hand not gives sometimes though.

Ah the great harvest question. Wish I had a bit more experience when it comes to this, what are your thoughts guys. I will for sure be taking 1 of my GSC on Friday debating on the other. Any feedback is appreciated thank you.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Locrian thc= couch lock lol clear and cloudy will give you a robust head high that will make you want to get up and do something so take them as soon as your flush is done

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 99, nice job with your crop, these look very close to me, maybe another week or so, don't be in a hurry, or you might miss out, but you know how you like em, better than I do, but I always wait for at least a little amber, before starting flush, but everyone is different.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought more amber meant more couch lock. Huh. I was happy with the results of my last harvest which was just just as they started to show amber so I’ll follow that. That being said I am giving this plant a few more days I think I’m taking the other GSC tomorrow. I have trimming help tomorrow so it’s tempting to take both lol.

Same as above this is one of the wonder womans, the more indica looking one. I'm leaning towards next week for this one.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, looks like another week here

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nirvana says 8-10 for this one I’m just hitting week 8 so another week makes sense

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        These look like they got at Least a couple of more weeks to me, but like I said above, everyone is different.
        But you have done a great job with your plants !!!

Here’s just a few pics of the plants. I didn’t scope the WW1 so she’s still in the tent. I’m thinking she is going to be closer to 70 days as she doesn’t look near ready and is I’m pretty sure a different pheno than the other, more Sativa to my untrained eye. The not labeled one is the WW2. Whatever that sudden issue she had is really came on
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! Looks good and you are doing great
        Happy harvesting!

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx guys I feel like the grow has gone well learned a few things made a few mistakes but nothing huge. Curious to see how my yields end up that’ll help with figuring if there’s more things to change.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job 99

Little update on harvest. My first plant Aurora Indica 2 hit the jars this afternoon weighing in at 51 grams. Lots of larfy buds on these AI’s and not very dense colas. I am blaming the LED lighting opposed to the HPS and I think I should have had the led closer I stayed right at 18” (which is what the book says). Aurora Indica 1 was chopped Wednesday she’s hanging, guessing a fair less than the first AI and I had some friends helping trim I sent them home with a good branch to dry and cure thenselves for their time. The first GSC was chopped today and is now hanging. She was the smallest plant in the big tent, excited to get into the others after seeing what was on her. GSC1 is in the dark now coming down Sunday. Both Wonder Woman plants are still ripening but done with nutes.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting . My AI was the highest yielder- not as tight as White rhino but so fair enough under leds- mine. I find that the bushes with Terpinator are really dank under ( my ) LEDs. GSC fair enough. Just the same- a very pristine image- nice and clean. Very nice
        I still prefer Coco/ perlite for indoor tent grows...Ya all can yell at me 🗣🗣
        Great work & effort on your part 😊

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tika thanks. I didn’t mention that the AIs were far more resinous than the GSC. I have read buds under leds are more resinous. Didn’t think about that, assumed it was because my big tent I’ve been battling heat issues through most of 12/12. The AI is some of the best smelling weed I’ve ever smelled. My buddy tried some today and loved it. I’m going to wait for it to get a good cure before I try it out. Want to see if it keeps that great sweet smell. I hope to try coco/perlite as soon as I grow again. Not sure how long that will be. But there’s a company called paragon about 10 minutes from my house that makes a 50/50 blend that I’ve heard good things about from the grow shop guy I plan on trying. Figured I’d try something local.
        Last edited by Locrian99; 04-27-2018, 08:31 PM.

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        That's very kind of you....I don't give anyone sh_t when they help 🤣

So the US oftenbuy hygrometers that Dutchman recommended I bought ten of them at 2.82 each. They took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here and fit amazingly in the curing jars. I’ve been rotating them through the jars from my first harvest to check for accuracy. They’ve all read right or within 2% (all that are ioff seem to read 2% higher than the caliber ones) not bad for 1/10th the price. Just thought I’d pass this on.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know. I’ll roll with these til they get too bad.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to smoke cigars and I would get the hudrogameters from there for 20 bucks apiece I ordered 2 so I could move them around well someone new must of been doing the order because i got 2 cases instead of 2 meters , I do have those on my wish list so when I need some I know where to get them thanks Ducthman

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta love the new guy

And the other GSC came down today. Don’t mind my storage/drying room in the pics.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow Locrian nice job I love drying line thats exactly what I would do lol .

so Locrian I'm just going to throw this out there ,when I was younger I didn't care about two flights of stairs good cardio right ,well I'm 60 and I care about them now lol I've owned this house for 36 years and wish I had bought a one story house something I never thought of when buying it

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        ojh that is one of the reasons we are wanting to move. I like to call the stairs the death stairs. My mom is out main source of daycare and she comes here. I don’t want her going up and down the stairs when she’s the only adult here. Anyways good thought man I’m with ya.

• NV099
        NV099 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Good Work!

Locrian99 Looks real good man! Congrats on the grow!

Comment

So I managed to over dry the 2nd Aurora Indica (not bad it’s high 50’s in the jar). I just threw a humidipack in each jar, I did this early the first time around and didn’t notice any difference taste semell wise. The first plant is getting burped regularly working down to 64%ish. First GSC will likely be jarred up Wednesday. Going say bit longer as the buds are denser and larger, we’ll see on the second. Here’s a pic of what’s still to be harvested, the tent looks so empty. Oh and the outdoor plants moved to the little tent, they need to be moved outside once the last plants are done drying so I can transform the basement from my grow area back into a basement lol.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that is a pretty dope cola! I went and looked at it some more...
        Of course! Blend the jars, they'll share humidity in no time!

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting thing about that plant it was the runt through most of veg. And was second smallest at the flip, biggest by far now. It is a different pheno than the other WW if I was going to grow again soon I’d probably monster crop it.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok so I mixed them together hopefully that’ll fix both. Jarred up the GSC2 in a rush this morning as it felt drier than I anticipated. I’d rather be a little too wet than too dry hopefully it’s good. I’ll know in a few hours. Didn’t have time to weigh while I jarred but I’m guessing about 3oz 3 jars about 2/3 full.

I would add to this conversation but Campesino took care of everything I would of said lol good job
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I have 3 1 gallon containers with a flip top lid for burping then when they are at 62% i move them to glass storage jars ,I got lazy and didnt want to take 20 covers off a day for 2 to 3 weeks lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the way you think lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X