No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locrian heres just a little humor for you when this page lodes the top comes up first and the thing I see is Tika pregnant again then it changes freaks me out every time lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Keeps ya on your toes OJH🤪 same happens to me.

I don’t know about this 8 ball kush seedling it is growing weird. The cotelydon leaves popped out fine and it just never really developed its serrated leaves, it has extremely tiny two sets now (first set half never really developed). I’m thinking I’m going to start a replacement for it (another freebie). Think it’s worth continuing with? Also here’s a pic of the Jack Herrer that was started same time and has been growing right next to it.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd give it a few days, but doesn't look promising

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      She’s not looking like she’s recouperating very well.

So I have noticed a few things on leaves over the last few days and I’ve been debating for several weeks doing one of the sledgehammer flushes on the fox farms feed chart in the big tent. Since I’ve been giving them pretty high nute levels. 100% for the last few feedings. So I mixed up four gallons of the sledgehammer, I gave each plant a gallon of it ph’d at 6.2 (I was aiming for 6.5 but I over shot it I guess). I then mixed up 4 gallons of plain water hit 6.6 and went with it. Had a pretty good amount of run off. I’ll hit them with a nutrient watering next watering and I will do so a bit earlier than normal (I like to let mine get very light). So anyways I was bored and took some family pictures of my girls before watering. Chefbjy I put a pic of the growth tip I broke off doing the manifold. I think at some point I said I’d show you. So basically that thinner stem I completely destroyed early. I thought it was done. One day I notice it just looked like a side branch coming on. It now is at the top of the canopy. Thin stem but got herself up there.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx guys

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Gorgeous plants and fabulous lighting in your photos. REALLY REALLY really nice🎩🍾🎩

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      thx tika the lighting is just me putting them on my pool table. I like the pool table light cause I can see much better than under the orange hps to check em out.

Couple days ago I posted about my 8 ball kush seedling that seems to be struggling. And she still is, but I have seen her leaves grow a little so I haven’t given up hope. I noticed in the rooter there is a greenish circle looks like some sort of algae I wonder if that is the cause of the problem. She seemed stretchy from the start as while the jack h in the same light and waterings is perfect. Who knows. Anyways here’s the 4 babies, all 4 are going outside to two different friends houses (I started a critical as a back up Sunday in case the 8 ball kush doesn’t make it).
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I kinda just poked tooth picks until it did the job.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      thats what I mean real simple but some wouldn't think to use toothpicks

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did the same with my previous when they were growing funny. I think daas suggested the idea to me.

I have to say the smell of the Aurora Indica might be my favorite smell ever. I could sit there for hours with my nose buried in it. It’s very sweet with a bit of an incense smell faint though.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here..Aurora has a wonderful fragrance😊

First up off topic. I needed to finish part of the finished basement. So today I did some taping and mudding. My hat is off to anyone that does this for a living. I basically had to take bong hits at regular intervals with shots of Jameson so I didn’t lose my mind and go homicidal. Yea that is not for me. Anyways got it all set for sanding Sunday. Hoping to keep the sanding to a minimum as the plants are in the next room, using fans to move air away etc.

on topic. Day 43 of 12/-2 for the big tent. I’m seeing some interesting differences in ripening. Phenotype for sure on the WW, I’m suspecting she’s going to go to nearly day 70 for the WW1, WW2 I’m guessing closer to 60. One GSC is ripening faster than the other for sure as well but I am leaning towards just letting it go later to compare effects and harvest both at same time. We will see what the next few weeks brings. No real issues, seeing some yellowing on a few leaves I’m guessing this has to do with the mini flush I gave them with sledgehammer and just the week 5”6 of flower thing. Nothing wide spread at this point. All 4 elreceuved week 6 of 12/12 nutes tonight ph’d at 6.3. Did not water to run off as it’s a nute day. But I may sultry doing so on normal days just to help control humidity. Day 46 in the little tent. Aurora Indica doesn’t dound like my favorite smoke but man it’s my favorite to stare st and smell. Frosty smelly nuggets in there. I keep waiting for them to start bulking up, hoping they get on the ball soon!

Seedlings alm serm seem to be doing good. I informed my friend today that I’m giving him my children and I will be randomly showing up in his back yard to check On them. And if neglected I’ll be taking over their care. I was curious as they are going to be next to (probably 6 feet from the first pole) about 600 acres of hops. Wonder what they do as far as fertilizing the soil for the hops and if that will bleed over to where the plants are. I’ll have to ask the farmer what they use. Anyways.

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Here’s some pics.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      That's gets messy and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I deal with the dust to get a smooth finish. You can also lightly mist the wall in between sandings. Plus you only have to sand on the last coat if you didn't know.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      RosettaStoned I’ve done it a few times, far from regularly. oldjarhead100 that’s a good idea, I’d rather keep the dust to a minimum.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I worked on a stucco and plaster crew during a couple summers in High School. I feel your misery. My boss used to drink at least a fifth every single day - half in his morning coffee and half in his afternoon coke.
      So that sucks, but yeah, the plants look great!

Opened up the tent today and wow idk what happened to WW2 overnight. Yellowing on a few leaves at the top. They almost feel crispy with some brown markings. I do not see it on lower leaves not sure what it is. I’ve noticed a little yellowing but nothing major and didn’t think much of it. Today it looks drastic. Any thoughts guys, Day 45 of 12/12. These plants have at minimum 2 more weeks so I’d like to figure it out. They received week 6 of 12/12 fox farms nutes at 100% Friday. And I had run some sledgehammer through them last Sunday 1 gallon with sledgehammer one gallon plain water. Anyways. Under hps so might be tough to see.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Best I can tell is calcium deficiency. I’m using cal mag so I guess nute lock out possibly causing it from maybe the PH drifting too low. I haven’t check ed runoff on these in a bit but it was coming out right at 6.0 last I did.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't think Cal when I saw the pics, but could be. "Crispy" is often a burn symptom rather than a deficiency, but I am not sure. Something is certainly out of balance!

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      It could be the 100% nutes schedule finally catching up to me I suppose. Crappy timing for this to show up it’s time for bulking up! Next watering I think I’ll hit a bit higher ph probably 6.7ish and maybe add calmag even though it’s a plain watering. Pistils haven’t really started turning much on these so I haven’t even thought about checking trichs for when to start final flush.

Here are some better pics of just the leaves.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was worried about lock out occurring with the 100% nutes been trying to push them a bit to see what happened but my runoff ppm had been super high. Shouldn’t be lightburn based on light distance. That particular plant run off was over 4K last I checked the ppm. Fox farms feed chart actually recommends giving sledge hammer multiple times throughout the grow, I thought I’d try it. Thinking I would’ve been fine had gave a light nute dose right after rather than waiting for the next watering. Plant looks the same after the 12 hours of lights on. Guess I’ll see what she looks like when I get home from work.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow 4k I see. Hope you solved the problem. I'm confident you'll make it to harvest.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I’m not worried about not making it to harvest just worried I might lose some of the mass they should be putting on in the last few weeks. It’s an 8 to 10 week strain, 49 days will be Thursday. Plenty of good healthy looking leaves in her still. I did notice my AI’s are starting to get the yellowing leaves underneath that you get when they start fading. I’ll be checking the trichs on those under the scope probably Wednesday (day 51 for them) look at starting their final flush soonish. They didn’t get the sledgehammer.

How much did your aurora indica's stretch?

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      At 2 months from seed mine were only about 14” tall with a manifold. But I trained them pretty flat.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      On page 4 there’s a pic of the two AIs on 2/25 that is when I flipped them. The tomato cages you can see in the pics are 14” from the soil. The seeds were put into rooters on Christmas night so that is about 2 months from seed.

• NV099
      NV099 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, AI is definitely short.
      Last edited by NV099; 05-11-2018, 11:48 PM.

Looks like harvest time is quickly approaching. As of right now I’m planning on harvesting the aurora indicas Friday the 27th. Will be day 60 of 12/12. The fade is for sure starting. Tomorrow night I will scope them and for sure figure out the timeline. Right now looks like dark period starts Wednesday harvest Friday final watering on Sunday. The thing with the Wonder Woman isn’t looking better hoping it stops with the cal mag I gave it last night run off cans out 6.1 though so wondering if the ph is causeing it I wouldn’t think .1 would be a deal breaker but... babies are looking good.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      0.1 should not be a deal-breaker - pH must be buffering through the Cal zone - so I'd look for other explanations.
      Happy Harvest time!

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I raised my ph to 7 to make sure it wasn't buffering out. How much calmag did you use with the plain water? I ended up using 5ml instead of 2.5 on all my nute feedings now since I've ran into mag problems on my last 2 grows.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I gave the 5ml/gallon.
      oldjarhead100 what I did was a gallon with a flushing agent then a gallon of plain water. My goal was just to rinse out some of what I’m sure was building up in there. Regretting this decision now lol. I didn’t want to do a true flush just because of humidity already fighting it with all the damn rain we’ve been getting. Looks like the weather is turning though so hopefully these last couple weeks it’ll be much better.

Got the scope out here is a few of GSC2. I think she's mostly cloudy I still see a few clear no real amber showing on the buds yet, lots of the sugar leaves. Quite possible she will be going under the scissors Next Friday as well. She needs to bulk up though, bud size is rather disappointing.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

And here is some from Aurora Indica #2. I'm not sure why the very top is that dark color under the scope, anyone? It doesn't look that way under regular light without the scope Anyways I think my plan of dark period starting next Wednesday with a Friday Harvest seems about right.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Here’s the top of the same colo just up close with an iPhone 7+ camera.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 that is what I was thinking just weird
        Campesino I’m going to pull them out tonight and give them a thorough scoping and make a decision. Wanting to give the buds time to bulk up a little and haven’t really started a flush They were further along trich wise than I anticipated. Most seem to harvest between day 56-60 for these. Day 56 is Monday.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I get it!
        Sounds like a good plan. I would trust your own eyes to look at the overall plant, the buds, and the trichs and make a decision. I am thinking that you'll probably decide to start flushing! But just use your best judgement. I think you are at the point of the grow that causes the most anxiety! So smoke a bowl and just be happy... Happy 4/20!

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy 4/20 to you too! The weather has turned too spring is here! No rain in the forecast for the next two weeks. They are saying 80 next week! We are celebrating 4/20 tonight with some friends bbq fire pit and I am sure we’ll play some pool. After I’ll check out the auroras I’m leaning towards giving them some sledge hammer tonight and harvesting Wednesday. Then I can use the little tent to give the GSC a dark period before harvest. It’ll be a short flush but the article Dutchman1 shared makes me wonder how necessary it is.

Scoped them early this morning. On AI2 there’s a decent variance among the colas. One cola is def ready probably 15-20% Amber the next I might see 1 or 2 ambers. I haven’t decided yet Wednesday or Friday for harvest day. AI1 doesn’t have much for for Amber. I might take some of the more Amber buds tomorrow and let the rest do the dark period starting Wednesday. I haven’t really decided lol
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Heres some examples these pics are all from the Aurora Indica 2 plant. Each pic is a different cola on the plant. Quite the variance. All pics are "tops" as well.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. You could definitely harvest the ones you think are ready and let the others ripen. Pic 1 has quite a bit of amber but up to you if you want to harvest the rest. If it were mine I'd sharpen the axe. Keep my prize nugs seperate. Happy harvesting!

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate the feedback. I’m thinking I might end up harvesting in sections at this point.

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, the first pic shows plenty of amber, time to pull it. The rest are anytime from now thru the next week to week and a half.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X