No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little update. The two GSC and WW hit day 14 of 12/12. They probably should’ve been watered tonight but it’s 230 am I had a pissy night at work and took a couple shots while closing and hit the vaporizer soon as I got to the basement. Not a good idea to mix nutes st the moment lol. I am loving the look of the tent right now filling out nicely, having to raise the light every other day.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• KingKush
      KingKush commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea on waiting. Nothing like coming in the next morning wondering who the eff was monkeying around in your grow room last night lol I've been there a time or two
      #DrunkDefoliation

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys crack me up.
      If you can't spell "at" ... you can't mix nutes!

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ojh it for sure messes with you kind of in between normal and grave. Not sure when to sleep lol. Glad I waited to water or I’m sure I would’ve done as king Kush and did some drunken defoliating.

Watered the GSC and WW full strength fox farms week 3 flower (minus microbe brew and flowers kiss) with silica and cal mag. I had to use ph up for the first time since switching to my well water 6.3 in 6.3 out all 4 plants. Did some pre week 3 pruning, hoping it help a little with humidity and figured doing it in 2 parts might be a bit less stressful on them. WW2 I think has taken the spot of big girl from GSC1. Everything is looking good, curious to see how they handle full strength. First time ever mixing up full strength nutes. The Auroras in the little tent are chugging along as well.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking hub. Nice to have things come out the same as they go in. Just curious... what's your well water ph at normally? I have great water where I am on a well also. I kept using ph down in my reg watering just to keep things level. My reg watering for the last 4 weeks I didn't add ph down and everything is still coming out nuetral. My water phd at 7.0 which from my understanding is the high for soil, but I read an article about wild cannabis plants liking more acidic soil activity. With flowering nutes my water phd 5- 5.7 so phd up to nuetral twice and did my 7.0 reg watering. And it's still holding a nuetral balance...just some food for thought. I think that ffof gets sensitive later weeks of flower in my experiences. Btw my plants have looked better since I stopped reg watering at nuetral think it was a little deficiency imo combined with lights too close.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      It comes out at 7.5-7.7 most often 7.6 but I’ve noticed if we get a real heavy rain it’s drifts up to 7.7 for a bit after. Ppm are about 145 though. The raw silica I add raises it to about 7.9, 1/2 dose of the flowering nutes brings that down to 6.5 3/4 6.3 full 6.0. I’ve been doing my reg watering day 6.5 I have to use quite a bit ph down about a tbsp for four gallons I think. I have it written in my notebook, I think that’s right. Maybe I’ll try higher 6’s. Kind of shocked me on coming out the same last three waterings have been that way, they were coming out about 6.8 no matter what I put in (always 6.3-6.6). All of a sudden they started coming out what was put in, AIs are doing this too. Only thing I can think of is plants used up all the ffof stuff and the buffering stuff got flushed out from watering to runoff.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      There I go making a new post when I meant to comment

Campesino I’m going to go more for the idea of humidity control pruning with a bit of bud based but not much. The really obvious one I’ll take. I think just taken a bit off for humidity will open up the budsites enough. For whatever reason I get nervous on the defol scared I’m going to take off too much. Doesn’t help that whenever I’m pruning my wife asks why I’m butchering the plants again.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it certainly helps lower humidity. No worries in taking shaded leaves and lollipopping, but I took too many good leaves last time. I seem to enjoy cutting things off of the plants. I take all of the growth tips that I know I don't want as soon as it is possible. I get a little excited when I see one I can cut.
      That said, my Jack Herrer is the bushiest little plant I have dealt with and I can't seem to get myself to cut many leaves off of her. She basically needs it at this point.

• KingKush
      KingKush commented
      Editing a comment
      I was reading something that helped clarify some issues with removing leaves. We know we should remove some at some point!
      "In botany, most plants benefit from pruning up to 25% of the leaves." Think about all the yard work this spring... lots of trimming hedges, mowing grass, and limbing trees. All those actions seem to promote MORE growth.

Plants seem to "know" that somewhere in their lives they will lose some leaves due to herbivores or physical damage (hail, wind, branches falling, etc..) so they make extra leaves, more than they actually need in preparation for damaging events.

I was thinking the other day "well a little deer came by and munched off this leaf, that leaf, and a few down there" lol
      Gave my girls a fighting chance that way .

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      KingKush gah don’t remind me of all the yard work I have to do!

Day 21 pruning Aurora Indicas

9 am the two AIs enter their 21st 12 hour dark cycle, so tonight I did my “week 3 defoliation”. As I’ve mentioned before this is something I’m really on the edge about, for sure think it’s one of those things that is helpful if done right. Here are some pictures of what I did. I would greatly appreciate any criticism, suggestions, etc trying to learn here so any input is welcome. Thanks for looking. Oh big tent seems to be liking the bump up to 100% nutes so far. They will be hitting day 21 Thursday.
    Last edited by Locrian99; 03-19-2018, 12:17 AM. Reason: Tagging pictures.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good.
      I think you took a few more than I might take this time, but certainly fewer than I took last time.
      Good healthy looking plants they are going to do great!

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried taking stuff that was blocking and just trying to get it a bit less leafy. Also larger fan leaves with super long stems that were weaving through branches literally

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Locrian99 you did fine the first picture is what you wan't at three week defole,lots of light getting in with a few leaves to do the work

I had time tonight to do a plant after I got home from work. Big tent needs some pruning for sure. I only hit GSC1 tonight. I really like how she’s doing. She seemed to take the 100% nutes great and I’m thinking she’s going to have some pretty nice colas. My phone died so no before pics, but here is what I did.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely!!!!!( I love Nirvana seeds). Will be fun to watch your girls plump up in the next weeks😊
      Nice clean work.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tika I chose the WW and AI based on nebulas articles on the strains, was about a month into my first grow when I bought them. Happy she chose the nirvana strains.

Update on tonight’s work. The 4 in the big tent all have had there week three haircut. I can really see the phenotype difference in the WW1 and WW2 plants now. Other than just the leaf shape they look distinctly different to me and have a different structure. The WW2 leaves that were on the side under the canopy of the gsc2 were majorly droopy. I’m assuming this is just a lack of light. But throughout the plant lots of droopy not on the top though. I’m thinking just lack of light down there as she was pretty bushy. All 4 got watered 6.5 in 6.4 out all 4. I was raising my light up a couple inches after and my hps bulb flickered and then just quit. Not sure what happened. I put my MH bulb back in and one day shipped an hps bulb from amazon. Anyways day 20 for GSCs and WWs and day 23 for the AI’s. All pics are after defol, and the big tent pic was taken right before the bulb blew. Seems like they should have lasted longer than 1 1/2 grows but it was a cheap bulb that came with the light setup. And maybe I jostled it while raising the light or something. Any light raising I guess I’ll be doing right before lights on from now on.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good - I think you nailed the defol.
      Great looking plants - any more supercropping planned? Nearing the end of the window (pretty much at it, for normal supercrops)

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just going to do some lst. I did some last night but there wasn’t a whole lot needed. I split the stem pretty good on a couple of the super crops I tried and have no desire to damage one trying it.

Interesting so I put the MH in. Hortilux HPS will be here Saturday, checked on them this morning and any droop in the WW2 was gone, it could be the watering, the raising of lights 2 inches, the light change or the defol lol. Everything changed but she looks happier.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

I’m going to need to do some reading today I’ve got some crazy dark pink/purple stems on the AI’s. I think I’ve read this can be a strain thing or caused by lights being too close. I don’t think the light is too close 18” as mfr recommends. Vipsrspectra PAR 450. The odd thing is the under side of the stem (mainly in fan leaves that I noticed but I got hone about 5 am so didn’t really thoroughly look through). Noticed the light exposed side was purple while the underside was green.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Reading on main site sounds like a strain thing here since it’s the only symptom. Just thought how it was green in the half not exposed to the light was curious.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Low of 66 high of 73 in the tent so they are staying a bit colder in there in general maybe that has something to do with it. The main stems are green with streaks of purple/pink on some. I think everything looks good so I guess it’s fine lol.

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      My torpedos had pink/purple stems on only mature leaves, never any new growth. I never really thought anything of it. With the other tent all being dark/purple strains all my plants had them.

It’s a feed day for the big tent. These plants are way thirstier than the AI’s but the tent is about 4 degrees warmer and is a few % lower in RH. They will be getting week 4 fox farms nutes full strength of what’s listed on the feed chart with silica and cal mag. I’m not using flowers kiss or the microbe brew but everything else in the fox farms soil feeding chart. This is day 24 of 12/12. I am super impressed with the WW1 plant. If I was going to be starting another grow after this one I would probably try doing some monster cropping on her.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Locrian I started using baking powder for a ph up it works pretty good and your not putting those chemicals in your plant

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ojh that’s a good tip. I’m guessing it’s quite a bit cheaper too. Is it citrus flakes for ph down?

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking good. I was actually thinking of trying to reveg one of my girls after harvest outdoors. Replanting may shock it idk. Would be nice to see it blossom again. Idk if frost danger is over though still cold without the 🌞. Mother nature being kinda strange lately.

It’s day 28 of 12/12 for the aurora indicas today. Everything looks fine, they are slow to dry out though. The pots felt a bit heavier than the big tent did at 4 days but it’s been 6 so I went ahead and watered week 4 fox farms schedule minus the Foliar spray and microbe brew with cal mag and raw silica as usual. 6.3 going in and 6.5 coming out. Nothing real exciting going on other than the leaves on top are starting to get a little frost to them (wife was super excited about it lol).
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I used a 12 pack of bud light someone left here last grow to raise the green crack plant up to the height of the gorilla glues last grow. Still had the beer in it. Best use of bud light I’ve found yet

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      that was a good use of the bud light Locrian, I use whatever is around and in my case its bricks and some turned upside down pots ,Paint cans ,old diaper pail .if its handy i'll use it gotta get the height right lol

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Use it as a plant prop or pour it out...the only two choices I see

Little update... Aurora Indicas will hit their 31st dark period of 12/12 at 9 am, and the GSCs and WWs will hit their 28th. They seem to be liking this eye hortilux super hps more than the iPower from what I can tell. Little more perk in their leaves. I am considering doing another round of defoliating on all but WW1 (which I believe is the more Sativa leaning pheno of WW, but I could be wrong lol). Not a huge one they just really filled back out quick. The smell has for sure increased, open the door to the basement and it just kind of hits you. Smell didn’t bother me any last grow, but I’m thinking it might be a bit more potent this time around. I might have to consider a carbon filter at some point. Noticed the leaves on the GSCs are looking particularly dark green will cut back on grow big their next feeding which the fox farms chart says to do week 5 feeding anyways, but I’m leaning towards a 1/2 strength of that. I need to start a seed for friend for outdoor grow. Debating 8 ball kush from Barney’s (freebie) or Aurora Indica. He likes sleepy time bud anyone grown the 8 ball kush?
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      The girls look great. Good spacing and light penetration. I don't see the need for another defol and I'd be worried because they are pretty much done growing leaves at this point, so they won't be replaced. They look great

Campesino i decided to go with no more defol and im going to just let things go at this point other than pulling some colas out of the way as needed. Let nature do it’s thing at this point I think I’ve got her set up so her job should be easy.
    Watered the big tent last night. Was planning on hitting it at a higher ph and forgot until I was in the middle of watering the two WW so they got the usual 6.3. I gave each about. 2 gallons instead of their usual 1.5 just to try and rinse out some salt build up since I’m giving them full strength. 6.1 out for both. The GSC I hit at 6.5 same amount of water and again 6.1 out. The tent pretty much looks the same as the previous pic.
    I’m starting an 8 ball kush from Barney’s and a Jack Herrer from Seedsman for a buddy for an outdoor grow today. Little skeptical on doing the jack as the longer flowering pheno could be done a bit late for the NW Oregon climate but fingers crossed we get the shorter one. I’ll post in here on the germination process when I get them going. I’ll be using rapid rooters with CFLs for a little added heat in a humidity dome.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

abadtrip I pretty much stole your process of germinating, as I had 6/6 first time around. Moist rapid rooter in a humidity dome tear off a corner and place it over the hole. I’m using 2 CFLs for heat and light, I’ll be keeping an eye on the stats in there and adjusting as needed. Added some 6.7 ph water to the bottom of the tray and placed a caliber hygrometer in there. Currently 74 f and 75% but I’m guessing both of those will climb. So here’s to hoping I’ve got some sprouts in a couple days 1 8 ball kush from Barney’s and one jack from Seedsman. Both will be indoors til beginning of May and then going to a friends house for outdoors. He will be in charge. They will go in a solo cup to 2 gallon fabric transplanter and then whatever he does. Topping at 3rd with some lst early, so they don’t outgrow their space early.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I’ll be keeping an eye on the humidity in there and misting etc as needed the rioters were still pretty moist I really didn’t have to do much last time so we’ll see.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        4 hours later temperature at 78.8 and 82% humidity. Seems solid.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        And everything looks the same temp and humidity seem stable right around 78 and 80%, I misted the rooters with a couple shots from a spray bottle.

Oops I forgot the pics.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Oh boy!!! Getting pregnant again!!!! So cool.
        Do t you just love those CaliberIV s?!? So useful..Worth every penny😊
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was able to find them under hygrometer us oftenbuy 2.82 each have 10 on the way.

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use them and they work great. I checked them against my large, more expensive one also.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea Dutchman I figure when they get here I’ll just rotate them through my current jars to check accuracy. If I notice a variance I can note it, they’ve all got boveda packs in them and been at 62% for 2 months so figure it’ll be a good test. Thank you again for sharing those 10 for the price of 1 is awesome.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X