No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was really hoping to harvest the green crack tonight, but really wasn’t seeing much for amber except on the sugar leaves. Sunday I am for sure at least taking some select branches off due to the sugar leaves withering up on them and turning brown. Trichromes are all cloudy so should be fine. Watered the 3 baby babies. Thinking Sunday I’ll transplant them and put the led back in there. The bigger ones are working on their 4th node, couple more and it’s time to get to chopping etc to start manifolding. I’m hoping the other three come out of their slump pretty quick or manifolding might not be the best option for them. Here’s a pic of the green crack and the babies (corrected lighting on the one that was wanting more light, and got the temp down a bit was 82 in there and the AI in the back was not a fan apparently).
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking plants at all stages!

Had a few things happen since last post. Just picked up a nice upgrade for the main tent will put in place after harvest. Sun system xxxl reflector got for 50$ guy said it was never used looks good, better than 200....white widow is in a jar now, did have to lay it out on a cookie sheet for a bit after jarring it. Dried pretty fast unfortunately but the buds weren’t huge so. And the babies all are in 2 gallon fabric pots and back under the led. Hoping the recent transplants take off like the others did after transplant, rapid growth once those roots got room to roam.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Man this LED for the veg tent is really starting to annoy me. It shouldn’t be this particular. Following the mfrs recommendations I feel like the plants have slowed to a crawl, when I tried to push it a little leaves start living ok’ing weird. I’m currently considering boxing the thing up and just getting a 400w MH/HPS I think it would work better in this shorter tent anyways. And electricity is cheap in Oregon. Just venting 😀
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 99, you gotta have patience, especially since repotting, your light will be fine put it about 20-24 inches away an watch your plants an check out the new growth at the top.Then you can tell if you want to send it back.

Locrian, I agree with D.A.A.S.69 . Patience is needed!!!! Yes, your Oregon hydro power, (and mine)is comparatively cheap, but why waste it? Soil growing comes with different challenges and tradeoffs compared to hydro. One is, as DASS pointed out the slower start plants get, especially the recovery from transplanting. I seed directly into my final pot, which most people recommend against, because of slow starts. My auto has been up for a week now and its TINY by comparison to hydro. But there are some very real upsides to soil too. Believe me when I say we have all been impatient, to the point that we think we suck as growers. Believe me too that you are growing some nice plants there which will reward you in the end. Stay encouraged !!!
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

I’ll give it a few days, just not really thrilled with the performance of it this far. Probably a bit more of a learning. Examining pics from Sunday to today they do have a bit more growth than I thought they did. But after transplant with the cfl’s The AI’s took off, could be a strain thing I suppose.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

I’ll give it a few days, just not really thrilled with the performance of it this far. Probably a bit more of a learning. Examining pics from Sunday to today they do have a bit more growth than I thought they did. But after transplant with the cfl’s The AI’s took off, could be a strain thing I suppose.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Locrian My friend and I share clones so we often have the same strain going at the same time he does hydro I do coco he has faster growth hands down ,dont compare it to hydro you will always think its slow
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Manifolding began today on the two aurora indicas and one of the Girl Scout cookies. They had 5 nodes 6th was coming out. Forgot to take a before of the Girl Scouts. Watered at 6.3, went to a little runoff so I could check it’s Ph came out at 6.6. Light is now at full power on the white and blue with 50% red at about 28”. Thinking it’s time to switch to 18/6 as I’ve been doing 24/0 for the beginning. The runt Wonder Woman, and the WW and GSC seemed to be doing better now. Hopefully the GG#4 will be done soon, 63 days this Saturday, friend I got clones from says he’s never gone past 70 with it. Then the AI’s will stay in the small tent and the GSC and WW will be moved to big tent under HiD and everyone is getting new digs in 5 gal smart pots. Feeling better about them today 😀 oh yeah my white widow is curing and I tossed a 67 gram boveda in the jar thought it was odd that it’s holding st 60% not 62%. I doubt the 2% is a big deal I just thought it would hold at 62. Anyone know if that variation is normal?
              Last edited by Locrian99; 01-17-2018, 04:49 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct
              600w mh/hps
              32”x32”x63” veg tent
              viparspectra PAR 450 led
              5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
                Locrian99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I’m getting super excited to being able to sample the fruits of my labor. Trying to follow the drying and curing tutorials to a T, so much of the home grown stuff I’ve tried you can really tell they dont really put much effort into that and it’s just not the same as the stuff you get from the dispensary. My friend who grows for medical patients (Guy I got clones from) does and his stuff is great.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                proper cureing takes time and anyone who sells pot wont take the time to get it right, ,I find that sometimes the smoke will hold a couple of points off hasn't caused any problems. If my smoke gets down to 62 percent to fast I will keep burping for a couple of weeks

• Locrian99
                Locrian99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks as always OJH. I’m looking forward to trying it soon thinking at my super bowl party will Be first try. Having some friends over for a rib cook off. The white widow will be the perfect appetizer!

Kinda cool I believe I ended up with two different phenotypes of the Wonder Woman. One to my untrained eye looks more Sativa leaning, hoping she doesn’t become a monster, I’ll have to learn some super cropping skills I suppose if she does.
              600w mh/hps
              32”x32”x63” veg tent
              viparspectra PAR 450 led
              5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

wow those are some big leaves, my sour hound did that until the cold snap hit then they did nothing lol
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Well the wife went to visit a friend and the boy is taking a nap so I spent a chunk of time in the basement, messing with calibrating hygrometers, giving hair cuts, pouring some concentrated bat poop on my plants. You know fun stuff. Checked on the GG#4 in flower last night, nothing new there (day 63). She needs to get done I have a new reflector I’m just itching to put in. For the babies all of them have now been topped to the 3rd node. I was a bit sgressive on GSC 2 and WW2 in doing it sooner than nebulas tutorial but as they are already behind and have been growing great the last few days I didn’t want to waste anytime. Added 2 new additions to my nute line up for these girls. Raw silica and sea green from primordial solutions as a foliar spray (2x a week). Dropped led down to 23” and rearranged plants in tent to use the rectangular footprint of the light better (I had it like a cross from the footprint). Here’s some pics, AI one has what looks to me to be heatstress on her fan leaves. She’s been doing that the whole time, it’s 73 degrees in there and she’s growing better than any of them so I’m ignoring it. And I’m done rambling now 😀. Oh I did give them 1/8th strength of the week 1 fox farms feeding schedule and a 1/2 dose of the raw silica today.
                  Last edited by Locrian99; 01-20-2018, 06:32 PM.
                  600w mh/hps
                  32”x32”x63” veg tent
                  viparspectra PAR 450 led
                  5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
                    Locrian99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And thanks

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    looking good there locrian we are always tweaking are grows sometimes for the good sometimes not lol

• Locrian99
                    Locrian99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks ojh, I’m feeling really good about this grow so far. Glad to hear your light mover is an easy fix, the tweaking of the grow is half the fun for me at least. When I have the time to be playing with the plants I want something to do!

I didn’t take a picture but on two of the larger fan leaves. One on WW2, one on AI 2 I saw a whitish gray circle a little smaller than a dime. Instantly thought WPM, was able to wipe off with a wet paper towel. They got sprayed down with neem oil today and I added a fan (only airflow was from intake and exhaust vents). Been meaning to give them a spraying with neem oil just was waiting til the manifolds were finished.
                  600w mh/hps
                  32”x32”x63” veg tent
                  viparspectra PAR 450 led
                  5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
                    Locrian99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    45 low 55 high right now it pretty much 45 with the lights on for a few hours then up to 55 towards the end of lights out.

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, that's not the problem then. Prob air circulation so should be fixed now.

• Locrian99
                    Locrian99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea lights just came back on half an hour ago, I didn’t see anything gave them a pretty good look over. One of the spots was on a fan leaf I was debating on removing, I saw it as a sign lol

Was thinking today was going to be a plain watering day, but they were still a bit heavy and the bottom of the pots felt a little damp still. Gotta love fabric pots. So they just got a foliar spray. So happy I went from seed this grow, I didn’t really get to see this stage from the clones and probably wouldn’t of realized exactly what the growth was anyways. Here’s their pics for the day. This is day 25 for Both AI’s and GSC 1, day 24 for WW1, and day 22 for GSC2 and WW2. Thanks for looking. Oh and the random pic is my brine I’m making today for some dr. Pepper jalepeno beef jerky I’ll be putting on the smoker tomorrow. My favorite cure for the munchies!
                  600w mh/hps
                  32”x32”x63” veg tent
                  viparspectra PAR 450 led
                  5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking great!
                    I agree, I look forward to growing some seeds next.

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    whats the recipe Locrian I like venison jerky always looking for a good recipe ,your girls are looking great

• Locrian99
                    Locrian99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    2 cups dr. Pepper
                    2 jalapenos sliced
                    1 tbsp worcestershire
                    2 tbsp kosher salt
                    2 tsp black pepper
                    1 tsp garlic powder
                    1 tsp onion powder

Combine it all in a saucepan and reduce by half, make sure you reduce it by at least half if you don’t it comes out kind of bland. Chill it completely and then marinade 2-3lbs meat , I usually do like 12-24 hours just depending. I go half the jalapeño and do 1 tbsp pepper just how we like it in my house. If you try it let me know what you think.

Well this was a bummer checked on the girls and I got something going on. I *think* it might be a calcium deficiency, worse signs are on one of the AI’s though I can see some signs on a couple others. Any thoughts?
                  added a few pics of GG#4 day 67 of flower, finish already!
                  Last edited by Locrian99; 01-25-2018, 01:48 AM.
                  600w mh/hps
                  32”x32”x63” veg tent
                  viparspectra PAR 450 led
                  5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome! You will be happy that you waited for them to be perfect!
                    I'd go dark 24-48 before harvest. Many do 72. Beyond that you would probably be doing more harm than good. Sounds like you are planning 36-48 ish which should be perfect. Also, there should be no problem with short term incidental light during this "darkness" (you can check on them) especially if it is when the lights would have been on.
                    Congratulations!

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey 99, my last plant in supersoil every leaf an even the stalk turned pale yellow, just like my outdoor grows, that's what you want !!!
                    How does your stalk look ? What color ?
                    If you want some killer ,sweet mellow smoke let them grow turn yellow, just like eating a green Apple or a good ripe Apple , .
                    I remember earlier saying to you, if you want a few more trichs, turn your lights out for a day or two, you will notice that all the trichs are standing lots taller an fatter.
                    All my outdoor grows I let them yellow up, an mellow out just like they do in the wild.
                    But these are yours, to do any way you like, all i know is if you like to sure enough get high, you will be pissed, if you harvest to early, worst thing I ever did was harvest early one time, I promise I'll never do that again, just telling the truth here, wishing you the best,

• Locrian99
                    Locrian99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks daas you haven’t steered me wrong yet, tried a bit of my white widow tonight got stoned off my own grow first time was nice. Still needs more cure, but harsh still, but the job was done. Without you and a few others on here guiding me through the grow not sure I would’ve gotten to harvest

Just curious on getting a couple opinions on whether to go 6 plants in my 4x4 or do 4 in there and 2 in the 32”x32”.
                  48”x48”x80” tent info
                  600 watt mh/hps
                  sun system magnum xxxl 8in reflector
                  5 gallon smart pots (12 inch diameter, 9.5 inches tall)
                  6 inch exhaust fan (using a reducer) don’t know cfm off hand but it’s way more than needed
                  clip fan for canopy, oscillating fan under canopy

32”x32”x63” tent info
                  viparspectra PAR 450
                  would also be 5 galling

so I’m running nebulas manifold tutorial on the 6 plants, will be adding tomato cages (if I can’t find tomato cages to fit my needs I’ll make something out of bamboo stakes and bailing twine) to assist in training main colas trained up with side branches lst’d To fill in middle. I’m thinking I can make better use of my lighting this way, and keep the colas spaced a bit better. Planning on a 6-8 week veg just depending on how the plants are looking at 6 weeks. Figure if I can flower all under the one light it makes sense but I’m a bit concerned with over crowding in there. As I said just curious on opinions I know it’s possible not sure how ideal it will be, I’m sure yields/plant will be better with the 4 and two set up. Strains are what I’ve been posting in here 2 GSC, 2 Wonder Woman, 2 Aurora Indica (these would stay in small tent, as they are shorter). Thanks
                  600w mh/hps
                  32”x32”x63” veg tent
                  viparspectra PAR 450 led
                  5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Somewhat. If you use soil, probably not as much. With coco, I put a lot of water into each fabric pot everyday. Just having 2 extra wet fabric pots will hike humidity somewhat - but less with soil than coco. The other factor is transpiration. That is really affected by how many leaves you have in the tent, regardless of how many plants. I have to change my humidity management practices after defoliation for example. As plants get bigger, transpiration seems to be the much bigger factor.
                    So having 6 rather than 4, likely will raise H% early in veg, but not be as significant later on (depending on how you defoliate).

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    After last night's defoliation, it has been tough to keep humidity up today. I have had to close up my office which is where the tent both vents and draws air. Outdoor humidity is 9%. Office is now 28%. Tent is right at 40% (lights off). I'd have to use a humidifier to raise it higher. Before the defoliation, I had to always leave the door open or window cracked or H% would go over 50%
                    Good news is I shouldn't have a problem dropping humidity to the low 20s during late flower.
                    Curious for your feedback on my defoliation... Even if it's "holy crap you probably killed your plants" ...LOL

• Locrian99
                    Locrian99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Spring in the pac nw hmm, could make the humidity harder to manage. Not something I thought about originally.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X