Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locrian99s 2nd grow

I’ve decided to somewhat of a journal for my 2nd grow, I think this will help keep me on track for these plants. I’ve got two each of Aurora Indica, Wonder Woman, and Girl Scout Cookies each from Nirvana. The 2 Aurora Indica, 1 Girl Scout Cookies and 1 Wonder Woman all went into Rapid Rooters on Xmas night and are inFFOF. The other GSC and Wonder Woman were started on 12/29 and are in a 50/50 coco and perlite blend from Paragon. They will veg in a 32”x32”x63” tent under a vipardpectra 450w LED. Soon as the flowering tent is open the four in soil will be moved there while the coco will stay in the vege tent. The flowering tent has a 600w HPS.

they are currently in solo cups, will be transplanted to 2 gallon fabric pots and ultimately to 5 gallon fabric pots. As far as training I intend to follow nebulas manifold tutorial and use defoliation as well. Nutrients will Be fox farms trio and the supplements for flower.

They em seem to have been stretching a little, and one Wonder Woman is a bit of a runt, took the longest to pop as well. I’ve adjusted the lights and am keeping an eye on them for now.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Check out the possibilities of foliar spray. New product "Foliar Essence" , says it not only enhances your grow, makes buds bigger, it will even keep pests away.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Moved the babies into the veg tent today with a viraspectra PAR dimmable 450w for lightning. Just unpacked from amazon today, set it st about 20” going to keep an eye on them and currently just have all dinners maxed. Need to research those settings a little.

Hoping i I can get the humidity up a bit in there w/out adding a humidifier or if the pac NW could actually get some wet weather...
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Found a humidifier I didn’t know I had in the basement in the room with the tents (no i swear I’m not a pack rat lol) in a cabinet. I figured it was a sign and am trying it

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        4 hours of the humidifier on low and it seems to be maintaining around 52% in there Temp about 80. Seems solid enough for me. Seems like they have seen solid growth thinking next time I’m just going to do cfls for seedlings this LED has me stressed on height etc, can’t switch now wife will kill me after buying the new LED and I need to figure out how I’m going to not kill me when I get the new reflector hood for the HPS, expensive hobby this one.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        it is that but knowing what is in your meds is worth it, and yes I'm in NE I haven't been outside today its 5:15 am I am pretty sure we got about 10 inches and the wind is howling out there now . My house was built around 1820 so there is no such thing as draft proof here. lol its tomorrow that has me concerned a high of -2 yikes

So I think I e got this LED dialed in now after giving the Aurora Indicas a bit of either Light burn or heat stress or a mix of the two. Got home from work Friday AM and it was 86 in there ugh. They got some water today soil ph’d at 6.3 my crappy well water and the coco got 1/4 strength fox farms week 1 nutes and the full dose of cal mag ph’d at 5.9 with the well water (it is high in silica though!). Oh and I have a runt, the soil Wonder Woman last to pop and she’s falling a bit behind.
      Last edited by Locrian99; 01-06-2018, 05:26 PM.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Locrian the light in these pictures looks blue do you have a specific VEG light that has more blue light love the pictures to

I’m using the Viparspectra PAR 450. You can dim the spectrums. Right there it’s 30% red, 80 white, 80 blue at 26”. They seem to be liking it more stopped that stretching I don’t know if you can see it in the pics but I had to use a toothpick and a twist tie to keep the 3 bigger ones upright. When they move to the 2 gal pots I’ll be burying those stems a bit I think. Actually it might be 30 inches, Anyways it seems to be working better it’s the settings the mfr says for seedlings.
      Last edited by Locrian99; 01-07-2018, 06:14 AM.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning 99, yeah bury the stems when you transplant, alot of people use cfls when their plants are young, for a week or two at first.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea and I wish I would’ve next time I will for sure seems like it’d be far easier and probably more effective st that young of age. I debated going and buying a couple clamp lights and going that route after they stretched but figured it’s good experience to try and find the sweet spot.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 99, leds are great, but it takes a little while to find the sweet spot, when you do they sure grow beautiful plants, beautiful colored green plants, . Your gonna do a great job 99.

I picked up (2) of the 600 watt Viparspectras in the last Amazon sale. They are sitting unboxed in the garage. I had better check them out in the barn before the return period ends. Thanks for reminding me. Busy, busy, busy!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Starramus you do what I do when I see a good deal and I will use it eventually then I buy extra stuff on sale lol

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah you gotta stay ahead of the game or you end up paying full retail. I'll save at least 50% off of my electric bill too buy retiring my HPS.

Get a 33 gallon plastic tote line with foil , put clamp lights on top cut holes for lights I use 2 lights put vent holes on each end,I have 2inchholes on each end. Put a small pan of water in for moisture 23watt cfls I think you will be happy,if heat gets to much open cover

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m trying to picture this (forgive me I’ve been in the grow room taking bong hits since I got home from work. So is the entire hood of Light in the tote?

I noticed some weird markings on pretty much all the leaves including new growth so I decided to turn the led off and go with cfl’s for now. Just to be safe and not totally stunt them.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Well they like the cfl setup. Going to have to do some transplanting I think Wednesday for 3 of them at least.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Looking good Locrian
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Locrian99 just subbed. Looking forward to following your grow. I just started a bean yesterday under cfl's. I like them (like many others do) under cfl's for few weeks. Problem im having is that its SOOOO unusually warm here in the west this winter that my heavily insulated grow box is venting unusually hard to keep temps down. Surprising difference between cfl's and my led.
            Organic only soil grower
            Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
            Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah 99, I'd hate like hell to have to buy all those different nutrients again, they can get into some cash.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              CG i think its a year for extremes it has been unusually cold here in the NE so be happy with the warmth lol

• Canyon Grower
              Canyon Grower commented
              Editing a comment
              Im not complaining. Last year nearly 7 ft of snow had fallen here, settled down to 4ft; but this year we have open ground in many places. Go figure......

Busy afternoon for me and the babies. I noticed some roots coming out of the drain holes in the solo cups so I went ahead and transplanted today. Added two more clamp lights as the splitting wouldn’t work with the larger pots. Played some Tetris to fit everything in that dinky tent I’m working in, and I’m hoping we get better humidity soon cause that humidifier will be losing its spot soon and I think I have 2-3 weeks left before the GG#4 aredone in the flower tent. Should’ve planned a bit better but originally I was only doing 4. Here’s some pics of the new layout it’s crowded.
            600w mh/hps
            32”x32”x63” veg tent
            viparspectra PAR 450 led
            5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              isnt it funny how we make all these plans and that ass Murphy comes along and applies his damn law lol.

Crowded yes, but in a good way. Keep up the good work !
            Organic only soil grower
            Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
            Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Gave the girls a foliar spray today, sea green by primordial essence. We’ll see if I notice much of a difference grow shop guy gave me a sample bottle and he swears by it but he probably swears by everything he sells lol. Chopped down my white widow today too, was nice the wife helped me trim. Nothing like a little bonding time on opposite sides of the pool table taking bong hits and trimming bud. Not sure we did the best job but it’ll work. Yield I’m thinking is pretty light (if anyone can guesstimate dry weight I’m curious of course I’ll know in a few days.) pot pic is the fabric pot inside the fabric pot (I’ll never do this again but it did work, huge root clumps all around, but I think it would’ve filled it out better in a single. Anyways probably doing my green crack Friday wanted to give her a little more time and breaking it up will be nice. Plus I need more trimming scissors if the wife is willing to help 😀
              600w mh/hps
              32”x32”x63” veg tent
              viparspectra PAR 450 led
              5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations 99, your gonna get a nice little stash, nothin better than smoking your own, just took 6 bong hits of some Dr.Kripplins, incredible bulk, that's been in the jars 5 months, man o man , scorched.

Locrian what size pots do you use
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Locrian99
                Locrian99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually the two Aurora Indicas may end up in 3 gallons as I’m going to flower them in my “veg tent”. Going out of town for a couple weeks early June so I’m going to have to have a grow break briefly

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                I started to use 3 gallons then saw the actual size and went to 5 gallon pot now due to space limitations I'm wondering if 3 g will work after all ,

• Locrian99
                Locrian99 commented
                Editing a comment
                I really wonder if leaving them in the 1 gallon then just doing that pot in a pot thing hurt the stretch and yield cause 3 of my 4 really had minimal stretch compared to what I expected at least. Although from the looks that WW will be the smallest yield. Debating on taking the GC tomorrow, didn’t see much for amber but since it’s not a couchlock strain wonder if just all cloudy is better.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X