Seeking DIY info/plans for Combo Top Feed/ Ebb and Flow system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking DIY info/plans for Combo Top Feed/ Ebb and Flow system

As an adaption of Sirius's Top Feed DWC grow I was hoping I could find a way to Top Feed automate an Ebb and Flow reservoir system.

To explain I am concerned about high summer temperatures in my grow room contributing to root problems. I'd also like to minimize 24/7 air conditioning costs during those months. My idea is to include a water cooler in the main reservoir as an addition to ambient cooling strategies ie Traditional A/C, fans and exhaust. Just to get those roots nurtured and off to a great start I feel the effort will be worth the extra effort and expense to ensure a common problem can be best controlled or eliminated. I realize I could do E&F without TF but I want to get that ability to drip feed nutrients to fresh roots and combine with the convenience of maintaining one reservoir's PH and Nutrients.

If you have the time I'd appreciate hearing from you SiriusFourside & NebulaHaze if possible, as I've gotten all these ideas from you and your resources. If I could borrow your collective experience for this one I would be grateful. I haven't been able to find anything DIY or even store bought that incorporates top feed into Ebb and Flow water culture. Perhaps there is a good reason for that.
    FYI My space is 10Lx12Wx9H I'm looking at 5x5 LED COB Kit lighting 2 x 650W overlapped, seed to harvest spectrum enhanced lighting.

Pro's and Con's, Alternate Alternatives, Adventures of Experience, and constant teasing is WELCOME FROM ALL

Thanks for all you already do,

Paracelsus
    My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
    The universities do not teach all things

I have a recurculating dwc system I built works well res is outside the tent to keep temps down u could easiy hook a cooler into the system. I can use it as top feed if i want found out top feed does nothing for me after all that work.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      Pictures? arrows? diagrams?
      Anything I might use to gain perspective on how you actually did it so the nutrient level stayed high when the res when low?

• abadtrip
      abadtrip commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I'll hook u up today with all that info

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be great ABT Thanks

GanjaGed would be a great one, if he ever comes back, he knows about dwc, pretty good.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Check out GanjaGed's journal. His ebb & flow setup turned out pretty great. He was real happy with it.
      My first grow

Comment

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        will do thanks for digging it up and Thanks to #GanjaGED , we all hope your well....

Check out Vader OG on YouTube. He’s a flow and drain guy and a great breeder. If you go back on his videos you’ll find how he builds absolutely everything. From the space itself. THe ventilation. The reservoir. The breeding chambers. Even the EZ cloners. All his videos are absolutely amaizing

Comment

This is how my system works my res sits outside the tent pumping water in via a 90gph pump and half inch hose. Green line.
      I have this line piped into the top of my 3.5gal pots. It can be pulled from the pots and hooked to top feed rings if i so wanted.

the return red line is .75 inch pipe if i did it again I would use 1 inch.
      now how i keep my water level in my pots is where the return goes up no matter how low the res gets the pots are always that level. I indicated this with the blue water line.
      the tap is to drain the pots when I do a res change.
      i have good luck with this also I have an airstone in my pots and another pump in my res to circulate the water.

I hope this helps and sorry it took so long to get back to u on this.

Comment

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey no rush Thanks for taking the time abadtrip
        Beautiful in its simplicity.

Running this up the pole again, I still haven't found the right combination of ebb and flow DWC and top feed

I did see a nice top feed system though, maybe I can adapt Vader OG's grow room ebb and flow with Grow Mau5's automation system . It is so elegant and not cheap either.

Grow Mau5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhwg...Lpe7g&index=28

Vader OG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alAMyXz9HdM
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

I understand your problem I too am searching for an awsome hydro setup I have some ideas as to what I want to build. I like RDWC. But a ebb flow system would take care of alot of root issues. There is alot of calualuation to poor over before I can come to any real conclusion. But what Eva i end up doing and it' going to be big 32 plants min 4 rows of 8 autos. I hope u work through your problems and come to a conclusion that works well for you. I do feel that the only way to achieve what I want is to build it myself.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X