PH meter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH meter problem

yesterday I needed to water a couple of autos well I took the water I left to sit and started to warm it up while i did that I checked the PH the meter went right to 4.8 thats not right I said and added some baking powder to raise it up, Its plain water comes out of the tap at 7.3 I did add some silica to it the night before , It would not go above 4.8 so I check the meter in 7.0 solution the meter went right to 7.0 ,

I added more baking powder like 3 or 4 tbls still would not go above 4.8 I had added silica to the standing water the day before I figured that was it nope

I got 5 gallons of fresh water ,the meter started at 5.8 I added powder and the ph dropped to 4.8 WTF

so I went and found my test strips and checked with them the ph was 8. something yikes

I got 5 more gallons and checked it with both the ph meter and strips the meter 5.8 the strip 7. HMMM

so its the meter I checked it 4 or 5 times in a 7.0 solution and it hit 6.9, 7.0, 7.1, all within range then I would put it back in water and back to 5.8

I don,t think the lower end can be calibrated ,but I dont get it if its in water 5.8 in solution 7.0. I have my 7.0 solution in a small clean jar that I can stick the meter in so I dont think it could go bad but I will check it with a strip to see before I bring meter back

I use storage solution to store it in, it hasn't dried out, Ideas anyone
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

How old is it? Have you tried cleaning it or changing the pH electrode? Don't suppose you can double calibrate it either?
    i ask all that because mine was acting real funny for awhile then I gave it a good cleaning, recalibrated it with 7 and 4 and works pretty good now. Still think I need a new electrode.

Also I was stold to never use the test solutions over and over. Suppose to pour a little out and use that once. Just what Hanna told me, I went back and fourth with them for awhile about my meter.
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      DAAS Oregon coast elk meat is heavenly. Over in tillamook they wander out into the pasture and eat like grass fed cattle. Get a land owner tag sit in the tail gate and wait for one to wander out. 😀

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 99, I know your telling the truth about that Elk meat, it's unbelievable how good it is. That sounds like easy huntin over there, down here where I live with all these whitetails, you gotta get in the thickest Mississippi river swamps to get sight of them big bucks, they smart, they know all the tricks, bout stay in away from
      hunters.
      Yeah ,PuravidaC, I bet that stroganoff is good, hell, I'm hungry right now just talk in bout it.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      I love hearing all you hunters talking about getting up a O Dark 30, trekking out in the woods, sitting in a tree stand freezing your butts off. I live in a small city that is overrun with whitetail. They are in my yard in herds all the time. Saw a nice 8 or 10 point buck the other day. You could come to my place, have a cup of coffee, step out on my deck, bag your limit and step back inside in time for a hot breakfast!! 😁

no problem talking about game meat on any of my threads lol. so I cleaned my meter with the same tooth brush i used to clean off the hash bags every thing turned green guess I didn't get it all out lol Once I rensed it off and calibrated to 7 and 4 then I stuck it in my nute solution 3.8 WTF then I remembered I added 6 tbl spoons of molasses I can be such a Jar head sometimes. I checked with a strip and it said it was low so I added 2 tbls of baking soda retested and it was 6.4 perfect. so its back to working .Thanks everyone for the help and Ideas
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Lemon juice, citric acid

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      kind soil sells citrus flakes ,it sounds like a small amount but when you see the size of the spoon you'll know its going to last a long time , I used some yesterday for 6 gallons of water it took 1 spoon to go from 7.4 to 6.3 .he told me that even lemon juice is hard on the plants

• redbeard
      redbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      How are u ojh. I'm in ss not kind but home made, my dirt guru says not to worry them soil will fix it self. I don't ever use just water I do aact, or sprouted seed tea ever time. I bought a soil pH probe that is supposedly good to make me feel better. Love the ss. Happy gardening

Did you just use a little distilled water on the tooth brush? I screwed up and left the cap off mine after flushing my plants the other day. Was my well water so wondering if there’s a build up on it. It’s calibrating right like yours did but giving wrong weird readings. Figured I’d try this.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Locrian99, D.A.A.S.69 just had some ground mule deer in spaghetti sauce last night, yum. But locrian, I also love some Pelican IPA to go with my Tillamook county grass fed elk. Dont you? Sorry OldJar for getting off topic. Hope you got that meter under control.
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I do love me some pelican beers. Proposed to my wife, right there in pacific city. So cool watching the dorys come in and go out.

Locrian99 Special spot for us too. We have visited the sand lake / pacific city area every year now for 25 yrs or more. Just lovely.
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X