Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob question about chinese led grow lights! ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question about chinese led grow lights! ;)

Im just curious if anyone has any luck with them? Or are all of them still garbage? I assume at least one is a needle in the haystack!

i currently have a mars hydro 720w.... I am debating a second one.... but before that, i wanna do more research

I have done alot of research already and relize 99% of them are garbage already

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Some of them might be, but there's been a hellava lot of killer bud grown with em. You can't beat the sun.
    You ever find the right place to put em they do pretty good.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I run a few Roleadro 300 watt 2nd gens, great Chinese LEDs in my opinion.

Comment

I use Lightmetal 300 watt leds and they seem to work so far I only had them running since beginning of Sept but so far so good. Read the reviews thats what they are there for
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Ya what they said. I'm sure some people have had bad luck. Second year on galaxy hydro and it's growed some good. If u got money to spend build a cobb. Happy growing.

Comment

With the technology getting so advanced, I find that some of the lower end cheap LED's very nice for the price. Heck I run a Mars Hydro 300 in my veg tent and I run (2) King LED 600's in my flower tent and they work wonderful for my needs. And with a price tag of only $85 and descent customer support, not a bad deal, heck they just recently dropped the price on their line up and can get their 1000w for $99. (amazon)

If I was rich I would have top of the line and certainly a much BIGGER grow area...lol..

Good Luck on your quest..
            “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
            ~ Upton Sinclair

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah Socks, Leds just grows beautiful looking plants, beautiful colors on the plants, never burned or stressed looking like hps-mh lights do to the plants. I bet money if you could ask the plants what light they want shining on them I bet they would say LEDs, they just look like they are thriving in the LED light. Really relaxed,an chilled looking, not worried about nothin but soaking up that led light.

• Sockfilter
              Sockfilter commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly DAAS.. Heck I am even happer with the LED's, no heat issues, light weight, easy to work with, low Amp draw.. The Pros definitely outweigh the Cons for me and like you said, I think the girls love them..

Well im glad to hear even the cheap leds are becomming decent! I plan on a 5x5x6.5 tent, my mars hydro 144 (or 720w will cover most, just not all of it come flowering.

Can't wait till Canada legalizes it for my wifes meds will be more affordable!

I will look into your guys/gals suggestions. Keep them comming!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Chinese made equipment has made growing accessible for a lot of growers on here. If it were not for Chinese leds I would have not attempted growing indoors and would be trying to grow sub par plants in a spot with minimal direct sunlight. There are tons of things made in China that function great and shit has been made in China since time. I am just getting tired of people ragging on things that have been made in China and lumping all the products from there into a single category of quality standards.

Comment

My first grow light was an Chinese LED. I used cfls up till then.. still use it in my flower tent great for a booster.. lots of red in it.. but I believe the name is wyzm 300watt veg an bloom non switch... Also use a Meizhi 600watt reflector series switchable with a 150 watts hps... Love the LEDs the the hps is actually new to me lol.. happy growing

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X