Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    that would probably work well. I;m finding that the bigger my plants get and the more water I use, the higher the humidity goes. The towel would be good for first 3 or 4 weeks

• Paracelsus
    replied
    I read on someone else's grow journal that soaking and then wringing out a towel until its just more than damp and then hang it inside the grow room.
    It worked for them to get out of the low 30's high 20's

Leave a comment:

• Sockfilter
    commented on 's reply
    Spot on Potted.. Yes I am always thinking of what I can do from home with what I have laying around. Great job..

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    Mine came with it, works well ! Lol

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply

this is the controller I got. It doesn't slow it down very much and there must be a better one out there, 20 percent, maybe.

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    U have to buy one with that feature! Lol

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    enjoy yourself, DAAS. thanks for your help

• Potted
    replied
    I McGivered most of my grow room,including the floor, first I put a full size sheet of white coragated plastic (Home Depot) on top of that I put a large dog cage liner painted white on top of that I placed a two inch high rack painted white as well. I put a gallon of water into the cage liner and replace as it evaporates. Just my way! Lol

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    They are gonna do fine, have a Happy Holiday season, and Happy Growing.
    Gone huntin till the last day of January, just as soon as my Afghan dries.

• Cronk
    replied
    thanks, all. yeah I try to get all the details perfect, it's just what I do. If 40 is good I'll leave it alone and mist when I can. Plants seem to be doing well anyway

Leave a comment:

• PuravidaC
    commented on 's reply
    Agree totally with DAAS and Sock. I have sucessfully grown in 40% rh too but like Sock said, we all seem to get caught up in trying to make everything perfect. I guess it's just in our nature!

• PuravidaC
    commented on 's reply
    That's crazy! I tried several things before I got a humidifier. How big is your grow area? Before I expanded mine I was able to use a really small humidifier that uses a soda bottle for water source was was really cheap on line. I used a 2 qt bottle to increase water holding capacity but my area was small (2X2X5).

• Sockfilter
    replied
    Cronk, I totally agree with DAAS, 40% is not bad at all, could do some lite foliage misting to help with fine tuning RH if that worried.

Gezzze I can not believe the hydro guy would not sell you perlite.. I live in a very rural/agriculture area and able to get 4 CU.FT. bags of course perlite for $14. That is a huge bag that could hold 2 oompah loompas..lol.

He is correct in a sense about having the whole room at the right RH to get the tent in the right range, however he has not thought it all the way through. What I recommended is essentially they same thing, that is why I said to put the little tote box with wet perlite right at the place the fresh air comes into the tent, forcing the fresh air to pick up moisture through the box. USAF HVAC Veteran here and if I can get a room inside my house that is at around 50% RH to fruit mushrooms in large totes and keep a consistent 90%RH within those totes. I do firmly believe that the RH in a smaller tent could be achieved..

However if you have 40% RH consistently I would not loose any sleep over it, just lite mist a bit..

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    Hey Cronk, I know you want to try to get everything perfect, everyone does, but that ain't gonna happen with humidity but maybe 1 time a year, 2 times if your growing autos.
    Your need to learn what time of the year the humidity is ok in your state, is it winter or summer, or when.Some places are either to hot to cold and the humidity ain't right, but people still grow plants anyway, even if it ain't perfect.
    As long as it's close to 40 ,it's gonna be fine ,before long they are gonna be flowering an that's what you want or a little lower. Main thing is to keep your plants growing with proper watering an feeding, an your plants will be fine, they are a tough plant, they grow pretty good all the time when the humidity ain't in the exact place all the books tell you they need to be. Just watch em grow ,they will show you ,they can do pretty good if it ain't all perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    I went to buy perlite for this and my hydro guy wouldn't sell it to me, he didn't like y reason. He was kidding of course but I did decide to go home and try the old humidifier we had stashed away first. it didn't work

my local guy did have a point about having to humidify the whole room before any real change could be seen. that's impossible for me. I may revisit the idea next week. So strange to me that my hydro guy regularly refuses to sell me things, claiming I don't need them.

I still think it's a good idea

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X