Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    I got a variable speed controller for my exhaust. It slows it down about 20-30%. it does allow for a +2 or 3 humidity points increase but that's it. but for 20 bucks.....

• JohnC
    commented on 's reply
    How can you tell if you have an adjustable fan? I bought a controller for my fan and it had no effect other than to turn the fan on or off.

• PuravidaC
    commented on 's reply
    Still want to hear about the perlite!!

• PuravidaC
    replied
    I got a 1.5 gal humidifier on line that works like a charm. During veg I have to fill it twice a day but hoping that drops during flower when I can dial it down.

Leave a comment:

• Potted
    replied
    How bout a variable speed exhaust fan ? Could solve your problem

Leave a comment:

• Dagmar
    replied
    I built a small swap cooler to raise humidity last year. Very easy. Here's a YouTube video on 'how to...": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITtlxjvLQis&t=13s

Leave a comment:

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, DAAS. my exhaust fan is on the timer with the lights so there is a 6 hour period where it's not all getting sucked out. It;s good to hear that 40% is not bad although probably not great for proper photosynthesis, but we can't have everything I guess. I also imagine the humidity levels will be higher once I'm putting more liquid in

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    That's exactly what you got to do Socks, is get your timer right, it ain't that hard. That's sounds like a great idea with the wet perlite. But where we live humidity ain't never been a problem, sometimes a little high, but that's easy fix.

• Sockfilter
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I do in my flower tent.. Exhaust runs constant during 12 on and then runs for 10mins every 1.5hrs during the 12 off.

• Sockfilter
    commented on 's reply
    The idea is to get the incoming air at the right RH before or AS it is entering the grow area, that away no matter how much the exhaust runs, your incoming RH is ALWAYS right where you want it.

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    Morning Cronk, 40percent ain't that bad anyway, you could also put your exaust fan on a timer.

Leave a comment:

• JohnC
    commented on 's reply
    Cronk - Be sue to post back how the perlite tub idea works for you. I have the same problem in my tent and can't get the humidity above 25%. Like you, my extraction fan just sucks everything out.

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    I love that idea, can't hurt to try it as well. Thanks

• Sockfilter
    replied
    As someone who dabbles in Fungi cultivation, humidity is a must to get the mycellium to fruit into mushrooms, with that being said, I use a tote with 1/4 holes drilled in a grid pattern every 2 inches on all 6 sides and dump in about 4 inches of wet perlite. It keeps the whole fruiting chamber at 90% RH. Yes that is too much for cannabis, however if you took a 6 qt stearlite shoe-box, drilled holes as above, loaded down with wet perlite and stuck it inside your tent where fresh air comes in, I bet that would work. I would certainly give that a try if I had low RH issues. May need to re-wet perlite 1x a week.

Just an idea from outside the box..

Leave a comment:

• Cronk
    replied
    nice, thanks. of course now I need to find that damn wick

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X