Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debunking the recommended temperature range: Don't plants withstand high summer temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debunking the recommended temperature range: Don't plants withstand high summer temp?

It is recommended that the temperature of the grow room should not exceed 85F, but if we consider the temperatures they support in summer heat, which can easily exceed 110F, what is the validity of this recommendation?

There is abundant co2 in nature. Grow rooms with co2 systems can grow plants at much higher temps because of the co2. Most normal grows people dont add extra co2, so the plant stops growing because of high temps in the normal grow room without co2 implementation.

1 full day in a tent at those temps could kill a plant. One day fine the next completely on the soil.
    Last edited by UrbZ; 12-04-2017, 03:09 PM.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      Co2 can increase the maximum temperature but indoor grows sustain the same ambient co2 levels as outdoors. Only if there is insufficient airflow would levels drop below outside ambient.

They might survive but they don't thrive and won't produce a large yield. I've never had an issue with high heat but if I did, I would certainly try and keep it within the recommended range.

Comment

The idea is plenty of air movement around the plants top and bottom not counting tune abundance of co2 outside u can't recreate these conditions inside because there are too many problems that would arise.

Comment

Y would u try to debunk a fact of indoor growing i say do a side by side comparison if u need to that'll prove top i whatever it is urc trying to do

Comment

• theblues88
          theblues88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently the temperature inside my tent is 92F

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have fans/ventilation.. are your side flaps open?

also could add this or some similar product.

The EZ CO2 is just the beginning of our inventory of hydroponics grow boxes and grow systems at Dealzer.com. Order today and grow tomorrow!

• theblues88
          theblues88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have a 160cfm exhaust. Two passive intake vents are fully opened. Today was a very hot day here. Temps were around 90F

Plants survive a multitude of things that prevent them from doing their genetic best.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

If you can't get the temperature where they need to be ,you can't expect much of a harvest. Especially when flowering.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Last summer my tent would get to 90 95 and for a few hrs in the middle of lights on with the low temps in the 80s I still flowered and got a real good yield but I had lots of root problems i grow in dwc. I move lots of air inside the tent also.
            It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• DrPhoton
              DrPhoton commented
              Editing a comment
              I grew in constant 90°F and often got to 95°F. However this was in veg which is more acceptable. I wouldnt want those temps during flower though. I came out with 2 pound plants. Outdoor greenhouse of course.

Temperature is directly related to the efficiency and functionality of enzymes and photosynthesis. As temperatures drops below the ideal, enzymes which carry out important tasks for photosynthesis, begins to slow down. As a result, photosynthesis also slows down. When temperatures rise above the ideal, enzymes become deformed and dysfunctional and presents the same problem as low temperature.
            Written Articles:
            Light Metric Systems
            Using Light Efficiently
            The Light Cycle Debate
            Environment Conditions
            Grow Light Technologies
            How To Compare Grow Lights
            To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
            Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
            Facebook
            Twitter
            Instagram

Comment

Plants take a very long time to mature outside. One reason for this is that nature does not supply ideal conditions. I've read this thread and its full of confirmation biases. Sometimes it snows in July, that doesn't mean you should subject your indoor cannabis to adverse conditions. At night your plants will benefit from temps from 60 to 69 at night more like 70 to 79. This is wisdom. Don't let charlatan's cloud your mind. We grow weed easy around here. Break legs!

Comment

• Garrett
                Garrett commented
                Editing a comment
                In July?

Originally posted by UrbZ View Post
              There is abundant co2 in nature
              No, just no.

Comment

• UrbZ
                UrbZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Co2 is the is fifth on the list of gases that make up air you're a tool now you're just trolling.. You need to actually read some scientific stuff in your regiment because when you speak you just sound stupid.

Earth isn't the only planet in the Solar System with an atmosphere, but its atmosphere is the only one in which human beings would be able to survive. The main component of Earth's atmosphere, like that of Saturn's moon Titan, is nitrogen, and the other abundant element is oxygen. Forming approximately 1 ...

• LaughingBuddha
                LaughingBuddha commented
                Editing a comment
                Co2 is more abundant indoors than out but that doesn't matter. Only if all other conditions are optimized is co2 viable. Adding co2 to compensate for inadequate cooling is anecdotal at best.

Now just a minute,I’ve grown mex. weed that could withstand higher temps because of genetics.
              and I’ve grown indoor weed that could never do what the mex. can outside in the heat ! I beleave genetics
              play the biggest role. Lol

Comment

I would say that being in soil outside has a little to do with it too. There's an incredible amount of soil the plant is in. It would take an extreme amount of heat to raise the soil temp, maybe the first couple inches. Also the average temp for the ground is 55 to 60 degrees, so that helps as well
                "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
                5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
                600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
                Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
                400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
                ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
                13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

I'm actually somewhat skeptical of the claim that cannabis thrives in areas that routinely reach 110 in the summer. Even in desert areas like Afghanistan and the Riff Valley of Morocco, cannabis is primarily found in mountain environments. One of the reasons I've moved to autoflowering plants is because in the state where I live and guerrilla grow, I have a tough time keeping them alive and thriving during the sweltering hot summer even with plenty of water. Being able to harvest in early July means that my girls don't spend 3 months burning up in the Tejas summer sun.

Comment

• LaughingBuddha
                    LaughingBuddha commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You should be skeptical because it doesn't thrive as a flowing female in this contitions. If it did though. Indoor growing should b be about optimizing conditions not anecdotal solutions to simple problems. Remember folks it's supposed to be easy.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X