Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you happy with your seeds?

I'd like to talk about seed companies.
    Not the middlemen we buy our seeds from, but the actual seed producer.

Are you happy with your seeds? Did the finished plant meet your expectations?
    Did the seed manufacturer live up to the timeline they stated? Or did your plant take a lot longer to finish.
    Anyone buy the same strain from two different producers and experience two different plants?

Maybe we can compile a list of the best seed producers. Then we can focus our energy on the best seeds available.
    Cloners - feel free to express your results as well.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

I've grown OG Kush and Sour Diesel from The Humboldt Seed Company and they have grown beyond my expectations. Just recently finished a Sour Diesel Auto, which resulted in 140 grams.

I have grown White Widow from two different producers, and have had two different results.
    White Widow from Canuk Seeds was very disappointing, wouldn't buy that again.
    White Widow from Crop King Seeds was fabulous, big bushy and tasty.

I know Crop King Seeds do not have a lot of different seeds to buy - BUT - they do produce their own seeds, have a germination guarantee and in my opinion, they grow into top shelf cannabis plants.

Another things producers say is how much time it takes to flower as well as how many grams the plant will produce.
    I'm no expert grower (not yet but working on it), and if they say my plant will produce 250 grams, well I just divide that in half and expect 125 grams.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

It's probably too early for me to chime in, but I'm growing a Nirvana Swiss Cheese and Amnesia Haze from Royal Queen Seeds, which are both breeders recommended on GWE, if I'm not mistaken. The AH smells amazing, but upon further research, it looks to call for 12 weeks of flower!! Holy moly, that's a long time. I guess I should have noticed it before I tried it, but it was a freebie and one of the shorter strains I had purchased. I placed another order from seedsman from the Black Friday deals and have more Nirvana, Humboldt, Sweet Seeds, and Seedsman coming for more indoor strains, since my initial order was outdoor strains.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great comments. Never too early to say what's on your mind.
        That's why I started this thread, so we can all talk about our own grows.

Dutch passion for yield specifically ultimate auto. Nirvana, mephisito, turned out swell.

Comment

I'm so happy with my seed supplier, I've stopped buying from anyone else. Mephisto have yet to disappoint me with the flower their seeds produce. The yield of some strains is better than others, and I'm only growing 6 plants at a time in a small tent, but the end result is far beyond anything I've grown from Nirvana, other suppliers, and even from local Cali photo clones.

My favorites thus far are Sour Bubbly, and Beary White. I'm also a big fan of their 'experimental' Blue Toof strain.

Beyond the spectacular weed, robust genetics, cool stickers, insane freebies, and 100% germination rate, Mephisto delivers what I appreciate most -- the story.
        Mitch and the others at Mephisto really involve their customers in their craft. The strains, strain experiments, and even their daily operations at the farm are all communicated with flair, passion, and deeply gratifying detail (on AFN, their website, and in their strain guide).

As far as autos go I really think Mephisto is top of the top-shelf ... any challengers?
        Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. Lots of good info there BTB. I'll be looking for Mephisto to give a try for sure. I love autos.
          Thanks.

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have heard nothing but good things about mephisto from my vast research on the internet. Maybe I'll give them a try next time!

These breeders I love their seeds and trust the most, they have such good karma:
        Dutch Passion (OUTSTANDING White Widow, grown twice)
        Barneys Farm (I love all their seeds)
        Sensi
        G13 Labs (C99 is totally kick ass, an all-round favorite)
        Nirvana
        Humboldt (Chemdawg another all around great fuckin high and crowd pleaser)

Pardon my language: it's fuckin Friday.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Limited experience because I tend to clone plants I like over and over again.

seedsman bubblegum- not a fan. Poor development and premature death right near harvest. High was short, intense and left me with a headache.

home grown natural wonders - Dr. Who, simply outstanding in every way. This years outdoor plant yieided about 500 cured grams, not counting trim. High is fun and sleep comes easy. Nice product.
          Now growing seedsman N.L. and blueberry, so seedsman has a chance for redemption.
          Last edited by Canyon Grower; 12-01-2017, 06:58 PM.
          Organic only soil grower
          Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Never heard of premature death, that would be so maddening.

• Canyon Grower
            Canyon Grower commented
            Editing a comment
            Updated my previous post. A "small" error. Not 900g but about 500g from the Dr Who. Happy fingers and fuzzy brain are not always a good combination.

• Canyon Grower
            Canyon Grower commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, they up and died about half way through flower. I cant completely rule out grower error however. 😁

My vote goes to barneys farm i love the flowers i have consistently grown more than the advitised top weight only by 5 to 10 grams but top product.
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I've always grown photos, an usually the same Oaxacan seeds year after year, we can't get tired of them around hear for some reason. The reason being they are hard to beat.
            As far as autoflowers go, I really like the seeds from Dr.Kripplins , they grow just as advertised, especially the length from seed to harvest, and the smell is just like they say it is. Stinky.
            I forgot NirvanasSeeds their good too.
            Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 12-01-2017, 10:02 PM.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
              Beach_Town_Brit commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I want to try Kripplins Choc-o-Matic and Chocolate Orange really bad

Massive Seeds, and no.

I cant be upset bc they were free seeds from my buddy as a gift. Buuuuut they came with a cool little booklet and a vial containing 10 seeds. It advertises 4 different strains (in my signature thing at the bottom) being feminized.

1. It didn't tell me which seeds were which
            2. It didn't tell me which seeds were which
            3. It didn't tell me which seeds were which
            4. One ended up either being a male or hermie
            5. On their website they have literally no info on their strains except average outdoor harvest time and altitude or whatever.

Nothing about thc or cbd content. Nothing about the effects or anything. So that was extremely annoying to me.

Only been in flower for 8days so can't say much about the end product though.
            3rd Grow
            Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I never went back to a seed store that didn't label the freebies, can't remember which store it was. That's one really good thing about Seedsman: everything clearly labeled.

• Locrian99
              Locrian99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nirvana doesn’t label them, I have a five pack of them. My current grow is from clones and it’s my first, I was thinking I’d practice germinating with them since I’ve never germinated a seed before and I’d hate to screw up the ones I paid for.

• Beach_Town_Brit
              Beach_Town_Brit commented
              Editing a comment
              highsupplies.com auto seeds also a firm no.
              20% germination rate, bad yield, weak ass weed.

I'm only on my third grow so I can't add too much.

My first grow was 4 Auto Quarter Pounders and 1 Auto Amnesia from Canuk Seeds. They all germinated and started fine but when I topped the Amnesia, it stalled and I culled it. The 4 Quarter Pounders grew slow and took longer than I expected to transition into flower. The yield wasn't bad for my first grow with an average of 2oz per plant, it was probably more but I took a lot of good bud for my hash stash.

My second grow is another 4 Auto Quarter Pounders and they are behaving much the same, I tried to only keep 12 main colas to reduce the larfy buds. They didn't stretch very well and I think I'll be disappoint with the yield.

My third grow is 2 Nirvana Aurora Indica, 2 Nirvana Ak-48 and 1 Canuk Blueberry. Wow what a difference between the Nirvana and the Canuk seeds. The Blueberry is being left in the dust by both the AI and AK-48. When it came time to top both of the Nirvana strains at the third node, I had to top the Blueberry at the second so it wouldn't be left behind. The AIs seem to be a little Nitrogen sensitive as both showed Nitrogen toxicity, but they are still outgrowing the Blueberry.

So I won't be buying any more Canuk seeds and I can't wait to try out the Nirvana Wonder Women seeds next.

I am placing an order from Seedsman, probably some from Dinafem, Ministry of Cannabis, Medical Marijuana Genetics, Seedsman and maybe Fastbuds. Probably enough for a couple years.

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, this is all good info. Especially for me as I still have a few Canuk Seeds in the fridge (were freebies). And I agree, Canuk Seeds don't live up to how good they say they are. I think they'll stay in the fridge until my sis comes over. I did tell her I had some seeds to give her, now I have more to give her.

• GreenDragonRon
              GreenDragonRon commented
              Editing a comment
              I've got my ACMPR with approval to grow indoors and outdoors so I'll probably start some more Auto QPs indoors and move them outside to finish vegging and flower. I won't give them too much attention and if the deer end up eating them, I won't really care.

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              I have grown Nirvana's AK-48 (photo) three times and final yield always exceeded expectations but mine took MUCH longer to finish than advertised (90 days). I was growing with CFL at the time so I just chalked up long finish to lighting but love the buzz of AK-48!

the only problem I've had with seeds is some blueberry headband Autos out of 5 seeds only two actually grew into seedlings then died and 3 never popped at all .I dont remember the breeder but when seedsman replaced them they sent me photos oh well. lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Originally posted by gdogfunkly View Post
              It's probably too early for me to chime in, but I'm growing a Nirvana Swiss Cheese and Amnesia Haze from Royal Queen Seeds, which are both breeders recommended on GWE, if I'm not mistaken. The AH smells amazing, but upon further research, it looks to call for 12 weeks of flower!! Holy moly, that's a long time. I guess I should have noticed it before I tried it, but it was a freebie and one of the shorter strains I had purchased. I placed another order from seedsman from the Black Friday deals and have more Nirvana, Humboldt, Sweet Seeds, and Seedsman coming for more indoor strains, since my initial order was outdoor strains.
              I received the Amnesia Haze as a freebie from my last Seedsman order too.They are the biggest cannabis seeds I have ever seen.

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you know Indica-dominant seeds will be bigger than Sativa-dominant? Even though sativa tend to grow taller.

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                No these seeds are far bigger than any seeds sativa or indica that i have had in the past. Received them late this last year so will plant them with a wide variety this coming year.

My two most disappointing seeds were both from Green House seeds. The Flower Bomb Kush seeds did nada. The White Rhino did produce, but were runty plants that did not develop properly. I am a bit wary of Green House Seeds. Apparently the actual breeder of Flower Bomb Kush is Strain Hunters Merchandise, and only sold by Green House Seeds.
              Last edited by starramus; 12-02-2017, 10:19 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I only have a few experiences to contribute about. The grows have been getting better for me each time and I think it is because I am learning more as I go along. When I take into consideration the few grows that I have done, I really like DNA Genetics. The strain was Lemon Skywalker and the growth, response to training and yield were all very good. It was a strong, resilient and potent plant. I germinated 1 seed so it was 100% germination for me. Dutch Passion also comes through strong for me. The Outlaw plant is a Amnesia Haze type hybrid that had a very good yield and was easy to grow. When I think back, I think my Dutch Passion produced denser buds - eventually while curing and storing the big buds developed rot and I blame the humidity packs for this (never again).

I would not purchase Canuk Seeds or Barney's Farm Seeds. The Barney's strain I purchased was a Tangie one and unfortunately none of the seeds popped for me. The Canuk was an auto Cheese and the yield was good for the conditions but I would not purchase due to the reputation and the plethora of other companies to try even at a similar price point.

Companies that I would love to give a shot at include: Mephisto and Woodhorse Seeds (Canadian)
                QB

Comment

• Californiakid
                  Californiakid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bummer Barney's Farm didn't work out for you. I've had great results from them. Critical Kush and sin trabajo just went for a 24 hour water soak on 11/27, both popped and are above ground. I also did a mephisto Ripley's og with em. Last grow was critical kush from BF. Still drying a 2oz. test bud. With 5 more like it waiting for their turn.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  quietbinary, this may seem obvious to you now, but you should reduce the size of the buds when you jar them because of the hidden moisture in a large bud...

• quietlybinary
                  quietlybinary commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks starramus! You are right. The experience left a bad taste in my mouth though it was my fault and not boveda. Thanks Californiakid, that is great that you are having success with them! alltatup Thanks for the pointer I will do this in the future!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X