How do you like your trichomes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like your trichomes?

When do you decide it's time to harvest and why?

I wait until I see a few amber trichomes. The reason I do this is that I began using cannabis to help with some chronic health issue (pain, insomnia, depression) and this is what I understood through reading and research would best help with my conditions by accessing the CBD side of plant. Now that I have all my health issues gone or under control and I'm really enjoying the recreational side of the flower, I'm reconsidering the timing of my harvests to achieve the THC side of the plant and would like to know what others are doing and why.
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

I'm probably a little older, and i like the couch-lock effects, I've had enough of the going fast.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

i like mine with a side of gravy
      but im with DAS i prefer the cbd effect more so try and grow cbd high strains and let them amber up
      4'x 6' x 8' room
      2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
      sunshine mix #4
      mega crop nutes
      current grow
      cd-1
      jack herer
      afghan kush
      green doctor

Comment

I like to Harvest before I'm out of weed! Seems to be optimal. I try to make that happen around 10% -25% amber.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Howdy Dagmar, I prefer to wait until approximately 10 % are amber, the higher levels (no pun intended) of CBD tend to help out with the pains and discomfort of my arthritis.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

80% cloudy with just a little amber. Not a fan of couchlock.

Comment

I think someof you mean CBN--not CBD. A strain either has CBD in it or not, but you get higher levels of CBN when triches turn amber.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

It sounds like most of us on this thread are a little older (old farts - yea, I said it!) I have a good inventory of flower that is calming and relaxing but now that I have my health back, I'm a lot more active. That's why I'm asking this question. I may be making the move from medical to recreational, but when I get home at night, I want to kick back and relax. I want the best of both worlds - both a day time and a night time supply.
                I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
                Blue Mystic (7 gal)
                VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
                Coco Coir w/30% perlite
                Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• DW2
                  DW2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Howdy Dagmar, As an O.F.P.G.P. that sounds like a great plan to me! Oh, O.F.P.G.P. means 'Old fart passing gas proudly'!

• Dagmar
                  Dagmar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too Funny!

I prefer mine mostly Amber, I find it has a much stronger taste and aroma least that's my two cents ☮️

Comment

I'm an old fart that just doesn't have the stamina I used to, tired of being punched in the nose and napping on the sofa in the middle of the afternoon! I like sativa heavy hybrids with just a touch of amber (10%) but think I will wait a little longer this time to see how much more buds might fatten up.
                  DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                  315 LEC
                  6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                  6" Carbon filter
                  3- 6" fans
                  humidifier
                  temp and humidity gauge
                  5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                  FF trio nutrients

Comment

I'm a fan of cloudy with just a few amber, because I dig a good mindfu*k I seem to get couchlock from damn near everything I smoke no matter what, probably has something to do with the amount I smoke, so I shoot for more head high effects.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                      oldjarhead100 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm with you 007 I dont care if its stativa or indica if you smoke a whole joint then you get couch lock lol

I harvest when I see the trichomes flouresce and sparkle, when most of them are still clear with some milky.

There is still controversy about when trichomes are at peak THC strength; I go by what Ed Rosenthal says, which is that THC is peak right before they turn milky. In Marijuana Harvest, he says: "You can see the caps are bulging but at this stage you see that almost all glands are clear but a few are beginning to change color, either to an amber color or to a milky white. That's an indication that they're changing from potent THC to much less potent CBN... This period lasts about 72 hours, depending on the variety" (p. 77).

I love the fact that growing my own, I can have a variety on hand for each need: hybrids for socializing, indica-heavy for relaxation and sleep and CBD for pain and anxiety (coming soon to a grow box near you).
                    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dagmar Bwahahahahaha!! I'm a 64 yr old gal and I use cannabis for many different reasons. My current grow has one hybrid in it, two knockout indicas and 3 CBD strains (6 plants). I'm hoping that CBD will really help with anxiety and the aches and pains that go with my age.

What I just harvested and decarbed is a variety of hybrids: I like the cerebral effects especially when accompanied by full body relaxation (White Widow, Iced Grapefruit, Lithium OG Kush). The C99 and the Chemdawg I only vape when I'm in a really good mood, mostly with friends.

• Dagmar
                      Dagmar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cool, cool, cool! A girl like me.

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just like you, girl!!! ;-}

Well said ATU I try to do the same thing ,The White Widow I just harvested is crazy good for a head high but your body wan'ts to run and jump, I have a couple of those in my Altoids along with some heavy hitters in case my legs refuse to work .
                    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So the WW helped with the leg pain? That's awesome.

• oldjarhead100
                      oldjarhead100 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      its a great one to start the day with

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X