No announcement yet.

First indoor grow - Swiss Cheese & Amnesia Haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 26: topped amnesia haze today and everything looks happy and healthy. I bumped up the humidifier fan to the highest setting to get the RH up around 60%. It's been getting cold at night and I've had dips below 48%. I also turned on another non-oscillating fan clipped to a tent pole for a bit more breeze. I'm amazed to see growth at the lower nodes. Better start than any outdoor I've ever had.

Comment

Day 27: I went out to the shed and made my scrog frame using supplies I already had. Fits the tent perfectly and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I'll be hanging it from the adjustable light ratchets once my eye hooks hooks arrive. (when the plants are ready for the net).

Comment

Plants are looking good gdogfunkly. Nice work on the scrog frame as well.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• gdogfunkly
          gdogfunkly commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Day 27 plant pics uploading now.

Day 27: Plants are doing well. Comparing growth to a week ago is crazy!
        Last edited by gdogfunkly; 12-12-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Day 28: this morning I fed about a 1/4 gal to each of the remaining nutes I had mixed. Came home tonight and they are starting to flourish. Every day is becoming more wow by the minute. My friend would be digging the progress.

Comment

Day 29: things are going pretty good. A couple of leafs are bending a weird way, but not sure if the fan is too close or not. Does it look like there's too much breeze for them? They are kind of twisting strangely. I measured the light distance and it was 22". Manufacturer recommends 24", but I read another grower lowering to 22". I bumped the light up to 24" to let them grow up toward the light. The new growth is def growing upward, but I figure 24" can't hurt.
            Last edited by gdogfunkly; 12-12-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Day 30: second day of using Urb foliar spray and growth is amazing. Watered with cal-mag and Urb today when I got home from work. Thinking I'll be transplanting to 7 gal fabric pots this weekend. Already prepped the soil in the 7 gal and gave it a dose of molasses (15ml/gal, 1 gal divided between the two 7 gal pots) to give some extra brix to the mix in prep for a 30ml Urb inoculation when I transplant. Seems like every time I open the tent, they are that much bigger!

Comment

Day 31: growth continues and may transplant to 7 gal later tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

• Sonnyhad
                  Sonnyhad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking good,

NICE frames! And your plants look great. Whisper sweet nothings to them when you transplant ❤️
                Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                photoperiod feminized seeds
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                  gdogfunkly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! I'm really looking forward to trying my hand at scrogging. And a successful indoor harvest!

I was looking at Swiss cheese a while back can wait to c yours grow and get a review from u. Grows looking great!

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                  gdogfunkly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! I originally had chosen my strains for outdoor next season, but couldn't resist the temptation. Of all the seeds, only a few have shorter height descriptions, so I decided on Swiss Cheese mainly for that reason. Amnesia Haze was another shorter freebie. I'm not sure if they are short and stout from the strains or the light or both?

Day 32: amazing growth continues. I'm eager to transplant but I will wait on the advice to let the topped chutes get a couple of inches above the canopy. So many leaves where I've never seen them before!! What do you think? Wait a bit longer to transplant?

Comment

They look beautiful! Honestly if they're growing really nice right now I wouldn't do nothing to slow that down.. give it another week are so, an soon as you even notice a slight change in the fast paced growth transplant... That's what I do and I get great results every time.. either way should be fine still!! Happy growing! Can't wait to see your ScrOG screen at work!

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                    gdogfunkly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! I was just reading up on FIMing versus Topping and even though I used Fiskar's mini snips to top the 5th node only, both plants are growing back from where I topped! I basically have 4 mains by mistake and likely is the reason for the bushier growth according to this site. However, one of the extras is kinda dinky and is more of a runt stem, so probably only 3 on that one. I think this FIMing might be an additional benefit for the SCROG! I'm eager to transplant to get them in their final home and I won't have to worry about that last transplant lol

• Trichomefarmer88
                    Trichomefarmer88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes I've actually did the same thing when topping my plant that im also running under ScrOG.. I just made my new screen tonight out of string an got rid of my chicken wire cause everyone on here on my a$$ about it bahaha lol ... But for the good... Anyways looking great! Keep up the good work!! Happy growing

Day 33: I decided to transplant after all. I believe I chose the perfect time to transplant based on the look of the root balls. Swiss cheese was the perfect transplant. Amnesia Haze would have been, but I left too much dirt in the hole in the 7 gal and when I tried to lift it up, the bottom fell out of the root ball . I gently scooped out the excess and finished transplanting. The photo looking down into the tent was 11:30am right after transplant. I watered with 30ml Urb, per the instructions and changed the fan positioning to hit them evenly. The rest of the pics are from 6pm. They appear to be just fine 7 hours later! I assume they would have complained by now if they were unhappy? I'm very relieved to have them in their final homes. I think my perception of the FIMing is a little off. They both have a stunted dinky chute off the topped nub, but both have a decent growing stem out of the topped nub, so I guess I have a 3rd cola and not 4. Hopefully, I get some upward growth soon. I'm also hoping feeding the Molasses for Plants to prep the soil was a good idea for the microbials I'm using. Urb has it's own food supply, but now they can gorge themselves on the increased brix level

Comment

• Dutchman1
                    Dutchman1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice plants. They look great.

Day 34: transplant looks to be successful and growth continues! I decided to start with some LST on Swiss Cheese since the chutes seemed long enough. I cut up some coat hangers to hold the branches down. The first node has a branch coming out both sides, so I pinned them down as well. More bud sites, right? Amnesia Haze I was most concerned about after transplanting, but there are zero issues with her. Branches aren't quite long enough to LST yet. Maybe in a few more days.

What do you think about the growth where I topped on both plants? You can see the tiny runt on Swiss Cheese. Should I chop them off or let them go?

Comment

Day 35: had to adjust my LST spikes. I guess they weren't quite long enough or didn't hold in the soil as the branches kind of pulled them up. Spiked the branches down again and also did the same LST to Amnesia Haze. Moisture meter reads in the middle, so no watering yet. I'm still thrilled that they took the transplant so well. Didn't skip a beat at all. I'm looking forward to some upward growth one of these days. I see everyone else have long branches to work with. I don't know if it's the strain or the accidental FIM or if it's the light keeping them down low and bushing out. I've read that FIM will cause bushiness, but at this point, I'm just happy to be getting to try out some LST first hand and work with the plants.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X