No announcement yet.

First indoor grow - Swiss Cheese & Amnesia Haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 36: still adjusting LST spikes. Fed a half gallon of nutes per plant, but had no runoff. I guess they were dryer than I thought. Or I need to water more per plant. Got my 5gal bucket setup for an RO feed. No more getting a half gallon at a time from the fridge!

Comment

Day 37: LST spikes are holding and the growth continues. In a day or two I'll top again. They seem to be very healthy. Turned off the veg light briefly for today's photos.

Comment

• Sonnyhad
        Sonnyhad commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice. I would trim he fans that are blocking light!

• gdogfunkly
        gdogfunkly commented
        Editing a comment
        Sonnyhad Thanks! But I'm now on page 8 of this diary. Check out the latest pics of the scrog!

Day 38: decided to do round 2 of topping. Might have been a touch too early on a few branches. Hopefully, it won't be a problem for them. Almost ready for another watering, but I think it can wait until tomorrow. The smell really blasts you when the tent is opened. Smells amazing! I can almost notice a subtle odor in the room and may need to kick the inline fan up a bit.

Comment

Day 39: the ladies are responding well to the topping. I watered with cal-mag today and have a bit too much runoff. I didn't see the pool until I got home. I didn't see any runoff when I watered...oh well, should be fine. I also mixed up my nutes (included molasses) for Xmas day feeding, or the day after. Mixed two jugs at once and somehow have 100ppm higher and a lower ph in the one jug. I guess I'll feed one glass at a time and alternate jugs to even it out a bit. A touch high on the ppm (750-800). My tds meter jumps around before it shuts off and I can't get a solid reading. I tucked a bunch of the bigger fan leaves to get more light to the growing branches. Also adjusted LST spikes and so far so good!

Comment

Day 40: growth continues and they are following the LST well. I'll start to tie the branches down as they get bigger. So far, so good. The smell is just so amazing!

Comment

Day 41: adjusted LST spikes and tucked a few leaves. Rubbed the stalks and smelled my fingers. Swiss cheese is almost overpowering. I've never smelled anything like it. Amnesia Haze is smelling wonderful as well. I believe I am on schedule for feeding tomorrow. Sprayed daily URB foliar spray and later sprayed them with cal-mag foliar spray

Comment

They look great.

Comment

Day 42: fed the lower ppm nutes and dumped the other mix since it smelled a lot like chemicals. Split a gallon between both plants this morning and here they are 8 hours later.

Comment

Day 43 from seed (starting week 6 from sprout): continuing to LST as the plants grow. The new tops from the 2nd round of topping are slowly growing. I'll LST them as well when they are a bit longer. So far, so good! Thinking I'll be in veg for this full week and likely 1-2 more weeks before switching to Flower. I'm eager to add the scrog screen, but I think I need to get some more growth before I do.

Comment

I would get your screen in an get it filled out some first before switching to flower at the least 50%. Are more

Comment

Day 44: tucked some larger leaves to let light into the tighter areas of the plants. Getting quite bushy now. I'm not sure if I should keep the original spikes in place or let everything grow up a bit. I'll let the new growth go for a few more days and tie down as necessary. Plants appear to be healthy as I'd hope them to be! There's an occasional leaf marking here or there and a few new growth leaves are rounded off kinda funny, but everything else seems fine. Loving the smell every time I open the tent!

Comment

Day 45: Gave daily URB foliar spray. Removed the LST spikes to let some upward growth. Also tucked quite a few fan leaves to let some lower covered branches get more light. Since this is considered 'late veg', I turned on the BLOOM switch on the LED, so now all 3 switches are on for full power. Fed water/urb/cal-mag today and a cal-mag foliar spray hours later.

Comment

Day 46: did some major LST this morning. I hooked paper clips into the sides of the cloth pots and used plant twist ties to spread some branches out. I also tucked most of the fan leaves. Almost 7 hours later, they are recovering nicely growing up toward the light. I'll be putting the screen on in the next few days to start the scrog training.

Comment

Day 47: did a little more tying down this morning and gave Urb foliar spray and a cal-mag foliar spray 6 hours later. Tomorrow will be watering/feeding day. I put the scrog screen in place but not sure I should keep it that low just yet.

Comment

Day 48: fed a full feeding to runoff and checked ph and everything is just fine. Moved the screen to about 6" above the soil. Swiss cheese seems to be a bit taller, so this will be interesting as they continue to grow.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X