Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My budget grow room (250w hps) is almost finished. Am I missing anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about adding this bigger fan to help with air circulation? It's possible to feel air moving all around the room! Just recorded this video: https://vid.me/xbHQU

Comment

Im not an artist but something like this is what I would try. Some other guys on here might have some better ideas but here's my two cents brother
      3rd Grow
      Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
      Tent- 4x4x6.5
      Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
      Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
      Pots- 3gal fabric
      Nutrients- None

Comment

Kpenn and D.A.A.S.69,

just want to thank you guys for the encouragement. It's very different from the replies I got in another forum. I just want to grow some pure weed so I don't have to buy brick weed.
        Decided to go ahead with my grow, added another oscillating fan and just waiting for my seeds.

I'll start a journal as soon as I start

thanks

Comment

Its going to be too hot in there unless you have air conditioning and close the window. If it gets to 86 outside AND you have a 250 watt hps in the room it will get too hot. Or you can try growing with multiple fans with the window open and try to keep it at 85-90. cannabis is resilient. Try a strain that can tolerate heat..

Comment

You have to watch out for light leaks in flowering also. Sometimes people set up their schedule (like I do) to turn on the lights in the coolest part of the day (I turn my lights on at night) and that could be a problem for you if when the lights are off the window isn't sealed and there's constant sunlight hitting your grow area. That can turn into a bigger problem in flowering when your buds are maturing, the plants can re-veg or the buds could mature less then if there wasn't any light leaks.

Watch out for that and try to optimize your schedule and setup. Temperature and humidity are also key factors but remember that the numbers in GWE are always for optimal growth. I've grown indoors with 85F and higher and RH around 60% or more and the price was paid, my yields weren't as good as if I controlled temps and RH. Runned a second time with the same or even worse conditions with a few changes that I've learned here and there and they look great now, I'm expecting a better yield! That being said, it's not that you won't get a thing if you mess up here and there, but your goal should always be what tutorials tells you.

Just try to do best with the tools you got and remember that every grow is a learning!
            Cheers and happy grow,
            Mr Pot.

Comment

• theblues88
              theblues88 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll be growing autos.

• Mr Pot
              Mr Pot commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn't matter if you run auto or photoperiod, cannabis needs uninterrupted darkness periods. If they don't, the buds will struggle to mature.

• theblues88
              theblues88 commented
              Editing a comment
              it's 100% dark at night here (when I plan to keep lights off : 20/4)...

Originally posted by Dutchman1 View Post
            Its going to be too hot in there unless you have air conditioning and close the window. If it gets to 86 outside AND you have a 250 watt hps in the room it will get too hot. Or you can try growing with multiple fans with the window open and try to keep it at 85-90. cannabis is resilient. Try a strain that can tolerate heat..
            Yeah man, just ran the light with the window closed and it's too hot inside. There's simply no exchange of air with the outside.

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you get a small air conditioner for the room? Where its a bathroom you could probably use the smallest air conditioner ever made lol ! Also what country are you in. If its somewhere like India that has frequent electrical shutdowns that could be a problem also.

• theblues88
              theblues88 commented
              Editing a comment
              From Brazil. Can't remember last time we had power outage... Portable AC may be an option however I think if I start purchasing stuff for this grow I should go ahead and purchase a 3x3 tent and fix all my problems lol

Hey 88, you can leave the lights on 24 hours a day for autos, I know I do, they don't need any darkness, that's why I was saying that's a great place to grow autos, it don't matter to them about light.Your gonna do fine, just take a few tokes, and relax, everything is gonna be fine, that's where I always messed up ,thinking to much.
            You don't need a tent for autos, but if you get one, I'd get on taller than 3 feet, at least get a 5 foot tall one, or taller.
            Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-27-2017, 07:40 PM.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

did you change your mind about the bathroom and decided to go with a tent?
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Yes! I was worried with smell and to spend more money trying to adequate the bathroom. It's a rented house.

Purchased a 2x2 tent and decide to grow one or two plants

Comment

Smart move but I still think you could do 4 autos in there in 3 gallon fabric pots
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X