Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My budget grow room (250w hps) is almost finished. Am I missing anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My budget grow room (250w hps) is almost finished. Am I missing anything?

Hello.

Finally I took courage and turned one of my bathrooms into a micro growroom to plant 3 autoflowers using 3 gal pots will be using Biobizz trypack (Biogrow, BioBoom and Alg a mic).

However I have a few questions while seeds are coming by mail

1) Is the 6" fan correctly placed in the floor?

2) Should I keep the sliding glass door open (just like it's in the photo) or keep it closed?

3) Should I put some reflective material in front of the glass or is it okay to leave it as is?

4) I live in a place with a hot climate, the temperature here can pass the 86F. Am I going to have problems?

5) Do I need more fans? Where to place them?

6) There is a window on the other side of the bathroom (you can see in the reflection of the image). Do I always leave it open?

Here's a picture of grow room:

well.. I think these are my questions for now
    Thank you in advance for your help. As new questions arise, I will ask.

Morning 88, that's looks like a perfect place to grow autos, your gonna need a larger oscillating fan when they get larger, you can turn your bathroom exaust fan on if they start smelling to loud, as for your window read Nebulas articles about the temps MJ likes, and keep it in that range. Good Luck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Welcome to the forum dude......your setup looks good but I think you have your ratchet hangers wrong lol.....watch the excess rope on top of your reflector hood, they can get hot......try it so the excess hangs from the top and the plastic block is like a pulley wheel.......everything else looks sound dude, like D.A.A.S.69 said there is LOADS of info on GWE that will help you get the right atmosphere for your climate.....more reflection is always good but it's your call.......again I agree with D.A.A.S.69 you will need more fans in the future...........and as you live in a warm climate, I'm thinking bugs, I wouldn't leave your windows open for too long but your plant will tell you what she needs and GWE is always around to help so happy growing dude
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Thanks guys for your reply and encouragement. However as the time of germination arrives I find myself with more and more questions haha

- I can insect proof that window with a net. Would that be a good idea to be able to keep it opened all the time?

- Should I keep the sliding glass door fully closed?

- How many more fans? What sizes? Do they need to be oscillating? where to place/point them? (this 20cm one isn't)

Comment

Yes it is a good idea to bug net the Windows, yes it is a good idea to have them open all the time because you don't want stale air.....but watch the temperature drops at night, keep the sliding door open to allow fresh air to your plant......I use an oscillating tower fan in my tent but it is pointed into the corner because it's too powerful.......you are looking to have a gentle breeze and your leaves moving slightly all the time....are you growing autos or phenos?......cause if your growing phenos they need TOTAL darkness during bloom dude
          The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Growing autos

Thanks for the help man

Comment

Keeping a weather eye on the temp, u may have to install a exhaust fan out the window to ceculate hot air out or install an ac unit .lol

Comment

Im about 1-2 weeks into your future, and it looks like you are doing it right
                Mammoth 240L grow tent
                2x 600W hps/mh
                1x 400W hps/mh
                1x 250W LE for seeds

currently growing 10x Pineapple express auto "fast buds" in soil

Comment

Originally posted by Potted View Post
                  Keeping a weather eye on the temp, u may have to install a exhaust fan out the window to ceculate hot air out or install an ac unit .lol
                  if I decide to add an exhaust and seal that window, there won't be as many fresh air entering the grow room as I plan to keep the bathroom's main door closed. Is that a problem?

Also, would a 110cfm exhaust be enough?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    no the exhaust fan will suck air in though the bottom of bathroom door

Welcome to GWE!!

Heres my 2 cents..

1) yes that's fine for now, if it's too much for your plants when they are small just point it at a wall and let the air bounce off the wall onto your plants.

2) Get a hygrometer. It will tell you the temp and the humidity and what not. That is how you should judge whether or not to keep the door open. Get on the GWE site and read about temps and humidity levels for different stages of life.

3) that is 100% up to you, personally I would buy some cheap reflective material (doesn't have to be expensive or name brand) and line the whole shower with it (if it's cheap enough for that much material) if not I'd cover the glass just bc it may help keep some of the light from escaping from under the bathroom door or that window. Don't want neighbors getting suspicious seeing light on all the time.

4) climate outside may be hot, what about your temps in the house? As long as you have comfortable living conditions in your bathroom (assuming you have a vent in there) then you should be fine. If you have to just buy a cheap ax unit for the window, honestly I wouldn't worry about it though as long as that room doesn't already exceed those high temps like the outside climate.

5) you'll probably need 1-2 more 6in oscillating fans. And you'll get the hang of where to place them, don't stress over that.

6) if your house stays cooler than your hot outside temps I'd leave it closed. Plus you may get bugs coming in from the outside and that's a whole new problem. And watch for temperature swings if you leave it open
                  3rd Grow
                  Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
                  Tent- 4x4x6.5
                  Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
                  Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
                  Pots- 3gal fabric
                  Nutrients- None

Comment

I have a 600w HPS in a 4x4x6 tent. With 3 small fans and a 440cfn exhaust fan and filter, my temps stay around 68-80 while my house stays at 70.

You have a much much larger and open grow area, as long as your house isn't hot I really don't think you'll have a problem with heat. What's the inside temp of your house?
                    3rd Grow
                    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
                    Tent- 4x4x6.5
                    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
                    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
                    Pots- 3gal fabric
                    Nutrients- None

Comment

Hi Kpenn, thanks a lot for your reply!!

Originally posted by Kpenn View Post
                      Welcome to GWE!!
                      6) if your house stays cooler than your hot outside temps I'd leave it closed. Plus you may get bugs coming in from the outside and that's a whole new problem. And watch for temperature swings if you leave it open
                      I'm afraid if I leave that window closed there wont be any exchange of air and the bathroom will get too hot. I'll make sure to install an insect-proof net in front of it.

Also, please, correct if I'm wrong but this thought just came to my mind: I don't think grow tent 'physics' apply to non sealed rooms such as my bathroom. IMHO I think I just need to circulate the hot air near the light/plants with the rest of the room which is colder. Makes sense?

Comment

So I was just reading that I can place a carbon filter with an inline fan somewhere in the room to scrub the air (so no need to exhaust it to the outside as it's not a sealed room). Is that right? Where should I place it?

Comment

In that room you can just sit the fan on the floor anywhere an then set the scrubber on top of the fan, without hooking anything up and it will do fine, just get the right kind of fan that comes with the filter.
                          Cfls for a week or two
                          315lec for everything else
                          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                          36x36x63 inch tent.
                          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                          Smart pots
                          Molasses
                          Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks D.A.A.S.69!

There's only one question still bothering me: Do I need to seal the window and add an exhaust to it? What about the air intake (since the bathroom door will be kept closed)? That window is the only 'ventilation' in the room.

Comment

• Kpenn
                              Kpenn commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Don't worry so much about your ventilation. That room is large man, as long as you put a couple oscillating fans in there to move the air around you will be fine

Now if you are worried about the smell, just buy a fan/ filter off amazon and set it all up in your bathroom, no need to vent to the outside, the whole point for the carbon filter is to scrub the air so it doesn't smell, so you can let it blow right back out into your bathroom.

If this was my set up, I'd cover the shower walls and door with something reflective, buy a couple more oscillating fans, and I'd buy a fan/carbon filter off amazon. I would personally keep the shower door closed and just run the duct work for the fan/filter over the shower door and leave the fan and filter sit on the floor outside the shower. Then the fan will pull all the hot stanky air from inside the shower out to the bathroom. That's a large enough room you do not have to worry about much. Just keep the air circulating you'll be fine. No need to open it up to the outside world, id keep the window shut and especially if it gets hot where you're at, I'm sure you keep your house cooler than the outside so it wouldn't make much sense to leave the window open. It'll just heat up your bathroom even more.

• D.A.A.S.69
                              D.A.A.S.69 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You got the perfect place to grow autos, just do what Kpenn says and you will be fine, you just need some air movement on your plants when they get larger, it's not hard brother, that's why this site is called Grow Weed Easy, if you follow Nebulas advice on here ,you will do awesome. Good Luck 88, if you need any help you will get it on GWE, plenty of excellent help here.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X