Quick sexing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick sexing question

I feel like there’s a million threads about this already, but here it goes.. whatcha think, male or female? Also, both have been outside the same time, and only the FIMmed one is showing anything sex related, should there be any reason for concern about the other? We’re at about 11-13 day-night scale right now
    Last edited by AbsolTHC; 11-14-2017, 08:08 PM.

Dayum. I can't really tell you the sex man. Wait a few more days and then check them out again, you will know for sure during that period. Peace

Comment

First pic looks like a bud forming but not sure, Im sure there is someone better than me on here, I cant tell, maybe they will chime in. Or as Lpro27 said " wait a few more days "
      On second look I think that " bud " is just another whorl of leaves early stage.
      Last edited by Dutchman1; 11-14-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• AbsolTHC
        AbsolTHC commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my first time being present I guess you could say for this stage in growth, I’ve started plants and cut them down once just never had the opportunity to determine sex :P I can say for sure the first pic is of one the six flowering tops of that particular plant I just don’t know whether it’ll be a “bud” or a “flower” lol

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        A "bud" is a flower Absol. But it may just be a new whorl of leaves. When I was new to this sooooooo loooong ago ( not really that long) I kept looking for signs of sex and occasionally mistook tight whorls of leaves for flower buds starting.

• AbsolTHC
        AbsolTHC commented
        Editing a comment
        By bud I meant smokable female flowers, and by flower I meant how a male plant actually opens up to the more regular flower type look. But regardless time will tell, thanks for the input.

Its too early yet the one thing I've learned above ask else is be patient

Comment

Keep dead leafs and other plant material out of ur grow you'll get pests

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          And mold

How old is the plant?

Comment

Thanks y’all for all the comments. They’re about 2 months, started under cfl and once they got root bound in the solo cup I transplanted and threw them outside. I know I need to get in there and trim up a bit I just don’t have the proper pruning tools atm. The little preflower on it had gotten my hopes up the other day so when I went back to check on them today and saw the flowering branches without pistils I thought I’d ask. It’s probably too early to tell, hopefully all the little calyxs will shoot out pistils in the next few days

Comment

• Jr83
            Jr83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Zoom in on both pics i sent u i just sexed my ladies and gentleman 5 weeks ago just be patient i promise patience pays off its hard i know trust me i know.

Male

Comment

Female

Comment

Here's one of my frosty ladies

Comment

Nice looking plants JR83 and my wife would like that fingernail polish lol. Hey Absol I think its to early to tell a few more day will be reveling

I was going to post a male plant but JR has a great shot of a male plant but dont worry even if you've been growing for a long time when You see a male you just don't wan't to believe it so we ask lol
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Okay, I got a little update, pretty sure the bigger fimmed one is male, as for the smaller one it’s finally starting some preflowering. Taller fimmed first then the preflower of the slightly slower growing one.
                EDIT: nvm on order, the pics didn’t upload in the same order I selected them in. Lemme know what y’all think. Thanks! 😎

Comment

• Jr83
                  Jr83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd say all pics show male plants

• Jr83
                  Jr83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If u have ball clusters and no pistils they're male and that's what isee

• Jr83
                  Jr83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tryst me once see the white hairs you'll know they're female big diffrence and looks compared to a male

Yeah I figured the bigger ones a male for sure, the little ones preflowers look pretty much the same. Those were the only two seeds I got from that strain sadly, but I still have a littler lemon og growing that started 12/12, already on its second node after about 5 days from soil pop. Hopefully that one will turn out different

Comment

• Jr83
                  Jr83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My first 2 bag seed grows where all male couldn't believe it well i only did 2 seeds each grow but itc was still very depressing

I think 83 is right, anyway ,I know 1is a male, you can't miss the stigmas-pistils-white hairs.
                I sure hope your lemon og is female, my buddy grew one and it was some good smoke.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Yeah it’s a little depressing, I’ve grown before but my first female(some mid grade bagseed but still had over a couple ozs on it) got stolen, and the second set I started and gave to my mother to look after while I was away(only male aside from this grow I’ve had) she didn’t pull it like I asked because it “smelled amazing” lol, so the second grow got pollinated and sucked only yielded about 35 grams of seeded low thc buds. Thanks for the hopefulness for the little lemon og I might pollinate it if it female for a much bigger all year outdoor grow when spring rolls around. 😎

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X