Fox Farm and Monsanto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox Farm and Monsanto.

IV dug up a rumor that Monsanto bought Fox Farms soil. Does anybody have a confirmation, story? best I can find on it was a false rumor back from 2011 but I have someone telling me otherwise.
    You're killing me Smalls!

I'd like to know that to Mr.Furley. Last 2 big bags of FFOF that I bought, we checked bottom, middle an top of the bags and the PH was5.0 or lower, might have been the bags were old or something, but if you don't know to check the ph, your gonna have some slow growing plants. I know I ain't using it no more.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I stopped using FFOF a couple of years ago because I kept having Spider mites. Started using Roots Organics and havn't looked back since.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard they were owned by Scotts, who is owned by Monsanto, supposedly.

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Roots Organics is Aurora Innovations, a "privately held company", according to Manta.

Just look up the company online. They aren't owned by Monstranto.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Neil Young doesn't want anything to do with Monsanto either Mr.Furley.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        They are one bad cookie, I can't believe we can't sue them for cancer. Or soybeans instead they sue us, bad cookie. Say No to Con-ag.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Colombia FINALLY halted the spraying of coca plants with Monsanto's poisons in 2015. Although the World Health Organization determined that glyphosate probably does cause cancer in humans, the US EPA insisted that there wasn't enough evidence.

This simply demonstrates who holds the purse strings, who determines policy, and what a whore the EPA is. Same thing will happen with opioids: sales will probably go up as lobbyists, big pharma, politicians etc. get paid.

Mr.furley what is con-ag??? Is it a cancerous product? also is "Monsanto" a bad company?? :|

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        GRAND I will try to say this in a non-biased way but that's hard. Monsanto Agrochemical company from my understanding is on The Cutting Edge of splicing DNA, genetics, and chemicals with food the problem is is that they are also the leading company for pesticides. one of the most known products is Roundup, Roundup is also known as having lots of carcinogens in it and that bind to water molecules and never go away in the soil it is apply to, so it is suspected that monsanto's and Roundup are linked to cance. Now if that not enough you can do multiple researches on Roundup Ready soybeans which is disgusting and is in about everything you eat out the grocery store. the poor soybean farmer that is next to a monsanto's Roundup Ready field loses in court when they are soybeans test positive with monsanto's genetics they own the patent. Rrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr conag is in the same bowl game and they put food in your freezer.

OK GRAND enough for me, I can't stay biased about it I shoot deer and Elk grind them up and put them in my freezer grow my own food. do a little Google search on it it's horrible that people dont want dandelions in their yard use this stuff, by the way dandelions are edible and can make wine. sorry for the ramble but you asked. Apply mad :-) here

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hear, hear, Mr.furley.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I just makes me so mad that are Food, water, and environment has become poison you need a permit to die from. I don't mean to be on a soap box and smear My Views in people's faces.

Well thx for the explanation, I understand alot better now. I also happen to agree with, as far as using garbage chemicals in my food, unfortunately my health keeps me in the city areas or I would live a few miles from you, doing the same thing.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        And GRAND I truly believe it's more about knowledge then it is about where you live. really look into it, just because your in a city doesn't mean should have to settle.

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Grand, I lived in the middle of Nashville, we grew our own tomatoes, lettuce and other things. People who live in the city, in skyscrapers and such have rooftop gardens and vertical gardens to grow their vegetables. It's not hard and you don't need a lot of space. It was really forward thinking of several companies in Nashville, they grew their produce behind their sandwich shop, and on top of the Music City Center, they planted a garden to be used for the restaurant located in the center.

Not to be a downer Mr. Furley but I see a couple dozen deer around sunup happily chowing down in a bean field every day.

Comment

Your right Primo you just never know where the Poison will leach too,I think the ceo of Monsanto should have to eat and drink contaminated food and drink
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I guess I will have to toss out all 6 gallons of Fox Farm newts. down the commode.

Comment

• bluecanoe
            bluecanoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Unless you have a septic tank, putting anything down the toilet that is poisonous will put it right back in the drinking water! I don't even flush vitamins or things like that. There are hazardous waste sites where you can take things that are dangerous and then they probably flush it down the toilet!!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            NO!!! They have nothing to do with Monsanto!!!!!!

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember the first time it crossed my mind about what the difference was between the dump and the ground at my feet. We all live down stream and I live on top of a your mountains, and.I still answer to a higher mineral rights.up stream. Hey but what are you going to do?

PRIMO unsuspecting monsanto's customers, it truly a shame how it gets in to your life.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Everything we eat has been genetically modified, and will be modified even more in the future. That is how we get things like feminized cannabis seeds, 150 bushel of corn per acre, tomato plants that grow 40 fee tall, and all the rest.

completed 7 grows
            what I have learned so far:
            environment maters more than nutrients
            at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
            effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Newf and that was well said, by no means am I trying to be off-topic or a product basher maybe I got myself a little heated because of how I feel and it hard because what are you really going to do.
              The Thread topic was if it was true or not. I could not find the info at first and figured you all are some good people to ask for good conversation

• Flockshot
              Flockshot commented
              Editing a comment
              Monsanto has been a topic on every forum I have ever participated in. It used to be all about 'miracle grow' and now, since they acquired General Hydroponics it is a huge issue for grow shop owners. The prospect of having good quality nutrients in every big box store in the land would hurt them significantly and with Monsanto's distribution network they could (and probably will) see just that. The nutrient companies that have grossly overpriced their nutrient line will feel it first. My 2c.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Newf You made me go back and check my research, and from what I read further, there is no evidence that Glyphosate causes cancer, so I retract what I said above. I really appreciate your comments.

I just want to say somthing or a little rant here fuck Monsanto. But u wont catch me eating from a roof top "organic" garden in a city. I would rather eat gmos from Monsanto.
            why u may ask. Poluted air.
            back in the 70s 80s in new Zealand there were large cases of lead poisoning. It was established that it was from picking water crest from around the motor ways. Lead in fuel.
            now I know there is no lead ne more but there are lots of other things. If u can get lead poisoning from a plant just grown beside a highway imagine what a plant grown in a city like NYC is sucking into it's cells.

ok rant over sorry
            It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• abadtrip
              abadtrip commented
              Editing a comment
              I live in a town of 800 people surrounded by trees the air is about as clean as it's going to get and I buy my produce from my local store that buy from the farms around me. In the winter the produce is slightly more expensive because it's grown in aquaponic hot house I buy from a local guy that exports to asia. My food is about as good as I think it's going to get.

Oh yea and the CEO of nestle said that water should not be a human right but a commodity to be bought and sold. I really don't want to open that can of worms.

• bluecanoe
              bluecanoe commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear you badtrip. I live in a town of about 600, the air is most definitely cleaner than the city, most of what we buy is from the Amish, or homegrown by local growers. Even our meat is locally sourced. I just think that small garden plots and community gardens are part of the answer to the food deserts, especially in certain parts of very urban parts of cities. There's nothing like going outside and picking your salad out of your yard, or other vegetables that are best picked right off the vine. If you can get to them before the deer and squirrels! Kind of like growing our own cannabis, at least we know what we put in it.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              And knowing what's in my cannabis gives me tremendous peace of mind!!! When I think back to some of the folks I dealt with in years gone by and the way they treated the cannabis..., I just shake my head. Thank goodness those days are over.

The public health and safety advisory says they detected Myclobutanil in cannabis flower, trim, concentrates, and infused-products from Tree of Wellness. The CDPHE and DOR recommend consumers that have the affected products return them to where they were purchased for proper disposal.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that place was called Tree of Illness...

Our community has to be proactive when it comes to the takeover of cultivars. Some people are making things happen but will it be enough?

What do you think of what these guys (Open Cannabis Project, Strainly and Phylos) are doing https://blog.strainly.io/2018/04/17/...tivars-part-2/
            Last edited by Marc; 04-28-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I just sent Fox Farm an email asking them to confirm or deny being purchased by monsanto.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X