Fox Farm and Monsanto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates this company
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

According to Monsanto's holdings and brands, Fox Farm is not listed.

Comment

Wow thread dug up. Glad to hear ff isn't party to Monsanto. I really have been happy with their soil never really had any problems with it. Aside from a few transplants that got a little tip burn it's been good to me. Though I'm making my own soil for my next grow to try some different amendments.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Chefbjy . I completely agree. I use the "moonsine man" mix which is a water only mix made up ff products. It's been good to me. Got some gnats which I believe was from the soil but they weren't too bad. Probably going to make another batch then head in your direction and make my own.

Comment

Monsanto (apart from buying General Hydroponics) also acquired the Botanicare lineup as well as the lighting company Gavita. All very suspicious. Looks like Monsanto is thinking of dominating a large chunk of the weed growing market as well for their own sinister purposes. I bet you anything they probably approached Big Mike from Advanced Nutrients with a hefty offer, but he told them to go F*** themselves lol.
            Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
            White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• WeirdWiredWolf
              WeirdWiredWolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Am I the only one who thought they're gonna try to engineer an everything-resistant strain, patent it and somehow "let" it escape so they can then sue/shakedown/acquire any farmers who find it in their crops...

• Cannabliss
              Cannabliss commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, you're definitely not alone on that thought my friend. Those SOB's are capable of anything sinister to make a buck on our expense.

• WeirdWiredWolf
              WeirdWiredWolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed...they want total and utter control over seemingly the entire food supply chain. I did a college project on Monsanto...scary stuff.

I hope it isnt true. FF has always been my go to. Always been good to me. Although i swear i get more nutrient burn now than before. We will see. Not sure where to go if it stays the same as this grow. Ive been blaming it on the new strain but who knows.

Comment

Thought I’d bring back this topic after hearing about something that could possibly end up being either good news, or just another payoff or “accident” waiting to happen. I’m subscribed to the YouTube channel Coast to Coast and recently listened to a show that was talking about GMO’s and Monsatan err Monsanto (force of habit lol). According to the guy being interviewed, Jeffrey Smith, he was talking about the current Monsanto trials and how a San Francisco U.S. District Judge gave the go-ahead for over 5,000 lawsuits nationwide against these SOB’s over their Roundup crap giving people cancer, and who knows what else. Anybody else hear about this? If you want to listen to the show, the link’s here. You can search for this story. It should be everywhere lol. I believe it happened last month? Not certain. I just recently heard about it myself. I’m sure these sick POS can easily pay off the victims. Pocket change to them. I seriously hate these bastards with a passion. I hope this gets worldwide attention and something’s done to stop these vultures before they don’t just kill off the population, but our natural vegetation as well.

Rant Over…
              Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
              White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Californiakid
                Californiakid commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with you !

I'm Not too far from U.C.Davis, and they seem to love gmo. Bayer has a test field I drive by frequently.

All of them are playing with fire. And all the dumb sheeple just go along with it.

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                Californiakid I'm surprised nobody's burned that place to the ground. That's what it's probably going to come down to. People have had enough of these sick criminals using us as their lab rats for their own satanic agenda.

I don't think many realize agent orange is real, and monsanto gets all of the credit. Thats some bad juju. I know many who suffer the effects. Not to mention the round-up that so many love, ddt, dioxins, bovine growth hormones, the list goes on.

Recently (last 10 years) they started buying our beloved brands, taking our money and using it against us. But I research everything I buy to ensure they don't get a dime frme me.
              "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• bluecanoe
                bluecanoe commented
                Editing a comment
                I live in farm country, corn, cotton, and yes soybeans. I've noticed that one farm that grew cotton the past two years has a sign up at the edge of their soybean crop that says AgriGold Soybeans. They had to have made a deal with someone. Where I live industrial hemp is legal, screw soybeans, I'd be growing hemp like a madwoman! I avoid soy every chance I get. Had a woman try to tell me that so much can be done with soybeans, hemp couldn't compete, I just sent her a link about the 50,000 things that can be done with hemp. She didn't say anything else.

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                bluecanoe I'm laughing here just reading on what that woman was trying to pitch to you about soy lol. I try to stay away from anything soy as well. I'm not buying into that hype. Glad to see you put her in her place with the true facts.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was exposed to agent orange in the corps and still paying for it today 40 years later

Mr.furley I know you are right.

I have a friend that I buy honey from. Want to talk to someone with real first hand knowledge? Talk to a beekeeper. Those gmo crops really put a hurt on the bee population. Bees are my canary in the coal mine.

I guess they are not getting enough mutation with the chemicals they produce, so they figure they'll just create the mutations directly with gmo?

Heirloom seeds are all I can say.

Comment

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't even get me started on how these SOB's are also killing off the bee population. We can have a whole other discussion on how bees are an important part of our lives. Obviously these planet killers don't give a rats ass. They just want to dominate all agriculture and produce their own seeds as well.

• bluecanoe
                bluecanoe commented
                Editing a comment
                I cater to the pollinators. I plant flowers and trees that attract them. We sowed the majority of our yard in crimson clover for the bees. I saw a post on facebook that was so cool, you could have a honeycomb shaped beehive in your living room! And you could add to it. They get in through a tube and do their thing and you get to watch. I want one! I'm always preaching about the bees.

• Toripony
                Toripony commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thrilled last year to find a honeybee nest, all natural, in a tree by my place. It's dry all summer here so I keep water out in birdbaths and bowls for the birds and mammals and then realized that those honeybees and several other species of bees are using them, too. The biggest attraction of all on my property is the mud puddle that I keep full with a dripping water hose all summer in my driveway... they swarm that muddy spot all day long! So do the butterflies. Mud puddles are one of nature's secret hotspots.

Mr.furley do you remember when pineapples, bananas and watermelons had seeds? As kids we would save seeds and sprout them in the spring. Now everything is seedless or they produce sterile unviable seeds.

Shame what has happened to bananas and pineapple too.

I fear that they're going to be successful doing the same thing to cannabis.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                C-Kid, Scott's holding is sure trying to buy up everything they can for the marijuana Revolution, the list goes on and on.
                And I do remember watermelon seeds we would plant them as a kids in the backyard.
                Modern conveniences, but hey at least people don't have dandelions.

"weed
                wēd/Submit
                noun
                a wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants.
                verb
                remove unwanted plants from (an area of ground or the plants cultivated in it)."

To me manicured lawn is a weed.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                I watched a documentary about Bananas and it said they were all from clones that maybe one in a million would be carrying seed ,there is a virus thats killing off all the trees so they are trying to come up with a solution other than changing the banana

Poison is poison. I live out in the middle of nowhere til recently. Now well financed city people are moving into the area. They put poison out to kill the packrats and mice that get into everything. The kill every snake they see and the snakes eat mice. As the vermin die slowly they are prey for hawks, owls, snakes, eagles, roadrunners, coyotes, and many other predators that see a struggling animal and eat it. They die and are eaten by vultures and they die. It kills the entire cycle of life. I have seen it. People who use poison like this, hell is too nice a place for them. People who make this stuff I hope are surely headed to the lowest level of D'antes inferno.

Comment

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I let nature take its course. It usually works very well. If you take care of your wildlife, including bugs, spiders, and things like redwasps you will be far better off than using poisons.

Pesticides are a reasonable solution when faced with human comforts: without them we would all suffer, as well as our children.
              A wholesome approach is needed, with us saying, "it's okay to have some bedbugs when we rent hotel rooms", and "we like having worms in our apples." I mean, that's what we all want, right?
              Being sarcastic: we are the reason for pesticide use....

Comment

I would argue that pesticides are not a necessary evil and that they are destroying bee populations, as noted above by others, among other things. If we lose bees, we're going to be in big trouble re: pollination. It's common sense that humans should limit their exposure to poisons.

I go by Environmental Working Group's "stay away" list (the Dirty Dozen) of the most toxic fruits and vegetables, and I stick with organic for them: https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/dirty-dozen.php
                EWG also has a "Clean Fifteen" list which shows the safest produce to eat non-organic.
                Last edited by alltatup; 08-09-2018, 05:16 AM.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X