A different approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A different approach

RSO oil has been made in more than a few different ways. Honestly I’ve been afraid of blowing myself and my house up! But I’ve been doing some resurch and found a way to do it with out the chance of doing that. U take your raw bud or trim or bouth put in everclear 190 prof soak stran and place ln a mister coffee pot and place pot on warmer and let it evaporate solwly (of u ever left coffee in one) u know what I mean. Anyway has any one done this? Does it have any merit at all? Does it sound feasible? All respones will b met with much gradatude!

I use a rice cooker and stay away from open flames (my kitchen has a gas stove). I also wash the plant material/bud twice with Everclear for the RSO and then do a third wash for a canna salve.
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

I use Everclear, double boiler, hot plate. Mix your product with your Everclear in a mason jar . I let mine sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Strain through coffee filter , let cook on double boiler slowly with fan blowing directly outside to keep the fumes down, don't get too stoned and drop a Ash near what you're doing. Try not to let the mixture boil I swish mine around about an hour and a half two hours later 💣☮️

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks awesome, Sammy! I'm gonna make tinctures with decarbed stuff.

U can do that but it will make dark oil if u want clear yellowish oil u can use butane and just let the liquid sit on a shelf for 2months and it will slowly evaporate u can also put this mixture by a dehumidifyer and it will take 2weeks. If u use a dehumidifyer in ur grow room just put this mixture in frount of it and it will self evap, and u will have clear to yellowish oil

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Yeah, I have no intentions of messing with butane right now, but I may try the everclear + decarbed bud in a cool room w/ window open and dehumidifier evaporating the everclear.

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      Butane is honestly not as dangerous as they make it sound. A little common sense is all that is needed. Made butane oil on numerous occasions with no issue.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a felony in Colorado. http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/06/3...raction/37165/

Yes u can let the ever clear sit and evaporate as well but then u get green oil lol. Yes I decarb even no matter what lol

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, tyler!!! Another great technique without the use of more heat. I think this would work pretty well in the winter with the dehumidifier in a cool room.
      Last edited by alltatup; 11-08-2017, 03:19 AM.

I got a email from Monster Gardens with a vidio of some new presses they were selling pretty impressive . expensive but you dont have to use butane or alcohol just squish it lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      For over 3 thousand bucks? Has to be for a huge operation...

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      You can get smaller home ones in the hundreds to thousand range. DIY'ers can buy the plates separately and make the press frame themselves or if you have or can find an old press set-up.

You can also get cheaper ones that use hand pressure or even a flat curling iron.

The thing about Rosin is it's really bud dependent. Some strains return really well and others are a complete waste to press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMC2QoUZCOc heres the vidio
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Though not positive I'm pretty sure Rosin (pressing) is different from things like RSO (alcohol extraction).

As I understand it RSO is used as a edible (put into a capsule and taken) whereas Rosin is smoked, think dabs.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• qwertyonion
        qwertyonion commented
        Editing a comment
        Rso can be smoked, ingested, or used topicly.

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew ingested and topical, never heard of it being smoked, interesting. Something new everyday

• qwertyonion
        qwertyonion commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a fan personally of smoking it, Find the chlorophyll sucked out usually makes for a rought smoke, but yup. First concentrate I ever made was iso oil, back before RSO was a thing.

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
      U can do that but it will make dark oil if u want clear yellowish oil u can use butane and just let the liquid sit on a shelf for 2months and it will slowly evaporate u can also put this mixture by a dehumidifyer and it will take 2weeks. If u use a dehumidifyer in ur grow room just put this mixture in frount of it and it will self evap, and u will have clear to yellowish oil
      You can make gold oil with iso or everclear, juts dont let the weed soak long, iso especially likes to dissolve chlorophyll.
      Wont be near as good a yield, but ive had some beautiful gold iso oil.

Comment

• qwertyonion
        qwertyonion commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, depends. But I usually will not soak my bud in solvent fr more than 15-20 min.You will still get green oil at this length. I cant really speak for everclear, as we cant get it im my parts of the woods. But I have never had an issue with strength from only soaking that long in iso. Are you planning on evaping off the everclear, or leaving it a tincture?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going to make tincture first, and I may try evaporating the everclear sometime this winter...

• qwertyonion
        qwertyonion commented
        Editing a comment
        If making a tincture, let er soak. If your making oil, pm me when you do an ill give you some pointers. I have a looong history with concentrate making. More than I do growing.

I put the soak in the freezer this day after decarb yesterday,going to leave in for 10 days strain and poor onto ceramic pan and put out on screened porch,plenty of fresh air there.andjust see how it goes U know thanks for the assistance....peace!

Comment

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        How well did it contain smell during decarb?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't wait to hear the results, Potted!!! This is all so exciting and new to me!! Tinctures and oils: the final frontier!!!

Ordered me up sum jell caps today,looking foward to a nice high in a little while !!!

Comment

I just purchased the Magical Butter machine and made some butter with it, it also makes tinctures and oils. I'm pleased with it. Check it out
        3rd Grow
        Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
        Tent- 4x4x6.5
        Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
        Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
        Pots- 3gal fabric
        Nutrients- None

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I will. Lol

Today I strained the future rso oil into my wife’s lasongna pan, 5 quarts made of clear glass and placed in screened in porch to let it evaporate. I don’t think it will take that long but who knows? Looking foward to a taste, that’s all for now,chow

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait to hear about it, Potted!! What strain(s) did you put in?

A few some auto ak47 and some mex. bud I did bouth grows this past summer and bouth smoked well !

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I love to mix strains together!

The process seems to b compleated oil does not run,I scraped it all in one corner with a razor blade and will put into jell caps today. My only concern is the dosage! I guess it’s down to trial and erea he,he,he can’t wait.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck with that!! With my tincture, I tried 20 drops at a time and got a mild high, so I upped it to 40 drops and got fantastic medicine!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X