Air filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air filters

I am looking for a smaller carbon filter or something similar but I seem to only be finding giant filters. I have about a 2x3x5 tent so I don't need anything to crazy but I have a bit of a smell starting and the temps keep creeping up so I'm wanting to add more airflow and a filter any suggestions for a smaller tent?
    1.5x3x5 virtual sun grow tent
    Oppolite 315 LEC
    4" 190 cft. Exhaust with carbon filter.
    1 candy kush express using general hydroponics and botanicare
    1 candy kush express using advanced nutriants iguana line.

Both will be using hydrogaurd and botanicare sweet.

What size fan are you connecting it to? 100mm 150mm? (4inch or 6 inch i think)or are yiu wanting fan and filter?
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

• Boco2017
      Boco2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am looking and a whole set up. I was thinking a 4inch fan should be good.

Im going to get something like this for myself.. i have a 4x4x8

im sure amazon woukd have something like that (100aud would be about 75 usd)
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

A 4" Inline Duct Fan with 4-inch Carbon Filter, 4" x 12" version (or similar products) connected by 4" light proof ducting and hanging from inside your tent would probably be more than enough for a tent that size. You may be able to find better prices by shopping around. Just make sure to get a real exhaust fan and not one of those crappy $20 metal "booster" duct fans. They claim to have high CFMs but in reality they are too underpowered to get the suction you need for a carbon filter to be effective, and they use a surprising amount of electricity compared to a real exhaust fan. It's important your grow space is sealed enough that you get some negative pressure from the fan being turned on, otherwise smells might still leak out.

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Nebula, how to you know how much negative pressure is too much? I have a 175cfm 4” fan for a 4x4x6.5 tent with a 6” open intake and it seems like it’s gonna suck the whole tent in! Is this an issue for the plants respiratory system?

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I didn't see this until now. As long as the plants aren't waving around from the wind you're good

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thanks

Super helpful video that I used to decide what I needed. Explains everything!

My first grow

Comment

That would all depend on the light you are using and the btu's they provide- let me explain
        I have a 2x3x5' tent which I have used for almost 2 years with one of those crappy booster fan combo (100cfm)- got negative pressure and still use it today under 390w- LED (about 450 btu's)

It was woefully under powered in a 2x4x6 tent with 780-930w LED (about 900 btu's) so I replaced it with a vivosun 4" (203cfm)- which can be too powerful- even when dialed all the way down.

I have a second fan controller, arriving Monday- to futher dial down the vivosun.

However, I suspect it would be fine with a 315LEC (1,200 btu's).
        Last edited by Weed Pharma; 11-03-2017, 07:41 AM. Reason: I can spell- I just can't tipe!
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I think I found what I want. But I want to make sure I get something that will work for a 315 lec light I have been trying to find an affordable lec light as I think that's going to be my next purchase. Because after this grow I'm going to try the 5 gal bucket bubble ponics and I want to have a better light for that also. But so far I haven't had to much luck finding a cheaper 315lec set up.

1.5x3x5 virtual sun grow tent
          Oppolite 315 LEC
          4" 190 cft. Exhaust with carbon filter.
          1 candy kush express using general hydroponics and botanicare
          1 candy kush express using advanced nutriants iguana line.

Both will be using hydrogaurd and botanicare sweet.

Comment

• Boco2017
            Boco2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just ordered the one in the link on my previous post.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X