WHATS WRONG ? heh heh heh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHATS WRONG ? heh heh heh.

OK, thought id be a dick. One Baby Boom auto (in the back) and a Jock Horror auto. Both of these plants were started together 4 weeks ago. They are both under twin Platnimum 150 LED's and a 300 watt Viparaspectra in the middle. Both in a mix of Coco,organic potting soil with worm castings and other good stuff, perlite, aged manure, and a handfull of lime ,7 gallon airpots. 50-60 percent humidity and temps from 68-82. Ph'ed water and no feeding until yesterday on the smaller one ( Jock Horror). The other strain Baby boom has been growing great for four weeks now with no nutrients other than those in soil. Baby boom is supposedly sensitive to nutes and it really hasnt seemed like its needed any yet. So growers.....what do you think is going on with the Jock Horror. This is a trick question so think outside the box and go beyond what you see in the picture ( that would be to easy).

Well, I'm quite new at growing, but it looks quite similar to a nitrogen deficiency, as it starts on the bottom leaves and works its way up. However, you saying to think outside the box makes me think maybe something else. Fuck if I know though lol
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

She's a mutant from a parallel universe...???
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

root bound
          root ph is off
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Root bound in that hugh pot? The seed was started in a rapid rooter in the peat pot which was put in the 7 gallon container. Then I just water the peat pot and start to water outside of it once the leaves move past the edge of the peat pot. It removes transplant shock.Your actually very close though.

Comment

root rot
              it has something to do with the roots lol
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

OK OK , you win Oldjarhead, I was doing some "light" LST and felt something give below the surface. Either I snapped the stem or damaged the roots badly which led to a problem with uptake of nutrients. Just goes to show you that the question " what were you doing right before this happened is an important one.

Comment

• abadtrip
                  abadtrip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That feeling of a plant doing somthing u didn't want to happen.

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hey Ducthman do you find that with seven gallon pots,you get more yield from Autos , The way I understood it was 3 gallons were big enough, I use five gallon smart pots which hold about 3 gallons of dirt, Maybe I'll try one 5 gallon and one ten Gallon with the same strain and see witch produces more

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry OJH, Just saw your question. I really cant tell you about increase in harvest of 7 gallon over 3 or 5 with autos, Im too new to all this.This is my third grow. Ive used 18 gallon pots outside and an 18 gallon inside on photo's. Both in 18 gallon pots were full of roots to all sides of grow pots. I use alot less nutes though. Only three feedings for ones inside under leds. More on outside pots. Autos I grew on my first grow were in too small pots and I knew it so I went overboard after reading alot on GWE about getting the biggest pot size you can as its one of the major limiting factors for development.

Pretty sandy looking, guarding against fungal gnats?
                Looking a bit too light green for me. I would say add CaliMagic, but you got so much stuff in the soil already........
                Four weeks old, should be a bit more robust. Are your lights close enough? I have the same light and at that age the manufacturer says 18 inches above your canopy. 30 inches when they get their bloom on.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ya, one inch of sand on top is for fungus gnats even though I try to water correctly. Pale green I would say on Jock Horror is due to aforementioned problems. The Baby boom supposedly doesn't like nutes so Ive been waiting for her to tell me when. Still looks pretty green to me. Maybe focused light from photographers lamp causing the light green look on Baby boom. Its about where it should be for a four week old auto in my opinion. As you said, lots of good stuff in soil and they are each in a 7 gallon pot. Neither of them have reached the sides of the airpot yet so plenty of nutrition left for them both before nutes.Lights are 20-22 inches away. high light levels at all plants according to my cheap ass tester.

Comment

• BillyKidd
                    BillyKidd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was just about to ask if that was sand for the top dressing. Do fungus gnats go 1" below surface?

• Dutchman1
                    Dutchman1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I started using an inch or two of sand on the last grow, Ive had almost no gnats since. I think the few stuck to the yellow sticky cards just flew in, ive seen none at soil level.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X