Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not ripe!

Hi experts,

I’ve been growing 3 strains (blueberry, blue dream & green crack) on my enclosed balcony since April, I now have big beautiful buds but the majority of the trichomes are still clear so I am wondering if this is normal so late in the year?

Should I wait until they are more clouded regardless of the month or should I harvest? Blury pics attached but you can see they are still transparent.

Thaaanksss

Cut a sample dry & try, if you like it then it's good enough

Comment

If you can wait, wait. Perfect is better than good enough.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Try and hold out until you see mostly all cloudy trichomes (highest THC content)- or the weather dictates a harvest ie- killing frost
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Bud Lightyear
          Bud Lightyear commented
          Editing a comment
          the encosed balcony is adjacent to the apartment so when we turn up the heat it will never be freezing so we can keep the plants for a long time I guess. :S

Patience is a virgin.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Wait it out ull be way better off

Comment

How many weeks of flower are u?

Comment

• Bud Lightyear
              Bud Lightyear commented
              Editing a comment
              a lot ....flowering started in mid august so this would be around week 11 ....is that important?

They look cloudy to me. But a close up would be better.

Comment

• Bud Lightyear
              Bud Lightyear commented
              Editing a comment
              i only have 15x magnifier and it's hard to take a nice pic but I took another one so you can check that out

I always tell newbies that if you think they are ready, wait a week.
            Last edited by kingfish; 10-31-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good advise ! ( Id add or two)

• Bud Lightyear
              Bud Lightyear commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah that's a good advice but I don't think they ready (based on the clear trichomes) I'm just worried it's been too long and something happened maybe some shock or something

thanks for the input. I don't mind waiting I'm just worried if this is OK and I will get to the harvest

Comment

hey bud is there windows from the apartment if so it might not have gone into bloom in Aug but later than you thought still if you can wait it would be better we had to take a bunch of plants early they do the job very well but the yield was the main thing it affected. buds double in size the last two weeks good luck
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Bud Lightyear
                Bud Lightyear commented
                Editing a comment
                hi, yes they are powered by the sun through the windows in August we started to see first signs of small buds so I assume that's when it started. There's a lot of street light during the night so we cover them with curtains as I read they may go into shock

Is it possible to post a pic of an entire bud, as well as the whole plant in the setup? Sometimes when buds are taking too long to mature it's because they're getting light at night (even the light from a streetlight) or because they are getting less than 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness a day. If you know they're getting complete darkness for 12 hours every night, you could try giving them even longer nights, for example 13-14 hours of dark. If they get longer nights it makes them mature faster because they "think" winter is coming. More info on slow-maturing buds here (including what causes it, and how to get buds to mature faster) if you're interested.

Comment

• Bud Lightyear
                Bud Lightyear commented
                Editing a comment
                I added a pic of the bud and whole blueberry plant. This is the one that is the most mature. You can also see part of the curtain that we use during the night to avoid the streetlights. It gets dark around 6pm already so we cover the plants until we get up around 8am so the plant gets 12+ hours of dark for sure. I definitely read the article you referenced, maybe I should focus more on the buds as opposed to leaves. Thanks

I might be wrong here but if ur growing thro a window ur plants maybe arnt getting enough light and thats why the growth has been slow and it takes longer to mature with lower light levels. Also glass doesnt let uv light thro which also slows growth. U might need to add some cfls or something to help the plant grow
              Last edited by tyler_ hobbyist; 11-01-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

tyler_ hobbyist interesting. I mean the growth seems good but maturing seems to be slow. I guess I will do a taste test and decide

Comment

Personaly I would put her in a closet of something with complete darkness for the next 24-48hours and bam she should be all done for ya because she looks pretty ready to me

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X