First timer need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer need help

before I started the joy of my own plants I tested out my new tent and checked the temperature. It seem to run between 95 and 115 during the day I have done about everything but the answer seems to be a a/c. Can anybody suggest one that's not going to go way over board. My tent is a 2x4. I have 6" intake and a 6" exhaust. Thanks

Its very hard to say because a portable ac will take up 2x3 feet plus ur hoses but a window ac will not work because they actualy have to fit in a window to exhaust a lot of heat unless u can install the ac in the room window and use 6inch inline fans to blow are in and out of ur tent. Why is ur temp so hot if its because of hids u can buy an enclosed fixture and that will drop ur temp 10-15 degrees. Also if u can get ur temp 90-95 all the time add co2 and u shouldnt get heat stress but ur quality will be lower because of the heat. Anything over 85 burns ur crystals

Comment

What light are u running
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the correct question.

Are u using a exhaust fan? And if so could it b to slow for the light? Lol

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree too if it's just 1 of those duct boosters and not a proper extraction fan u won't be pulling much through your filter. Does your tent suck in

Yes it does suck in. I set up my tent just like I was instructed to. My tent is in a small place so there no sir except what I put in. I need to cool the air first but don't know the nest and cheapest way

Comment

What size of light are you running?

Comment

300 led light

Comment

• BillyKidd
            BillyKidd commented
            Editing a comment
            Back when I had that setup, I had my 300W led up as high as it would go, and had my exhaust fan outside of the tent. It brought the heat down into the mid 80's. I still needed to get the temps down some, so I used another 6" ducting hose from the home AC vent into the tent as well. It helped some, but the temps kept going up and down due to the cool air coming from the house AC, but it very rarely made it back up to the 90's.

Evening Tworowdy, Man I don't know where you live ,but that is mighty hot. If you can't find away to cool your tent down, you might have to wait till wintertime before you start growing. I sure hope you can figure something out though.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• abadtrip
            abadtrip commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree a 300w led should not put out that much heat I have 2 in a 2 x 4 x 5 a little 4 inch duct booster fan and I am only about 5 deg hotter than the room it's in are u growing in the mechanical room.

• qwertyonion
            qwertyonion commented
            Editing a comment
            I disagree abadtrip. My single 300w led will heat my cabinet up to 95 on its own with out ample venting. And the room temp outside it is 71-75. And I'm not even using an air tight tent.

Your in fan... where is that bringing in air from? Im in western australia so 30-40c temps are normal from now on in. Im not using a in fan only extraction fan that vents outside (my tent has a full airchange every 2 mins approx if not faster) The air outside is hotter than the house air...if you follow

Mught not help but thats how i keep my temps aeound 24c and 50% hum
          Last edited by RobM; 10-23-2017, 06:21 PM.
          Current grow

4x bubbas gift
          4gal fabric pots..
          coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
          600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

Can I ask where the thermometer is located??
            Is the exhaust fan at the top of the tent?
            Are you exhausting the air out of the room the tent is located in?
            Do you have any circulation fans? If so which direction are they facing?

I currently have 3 of these lights in a 3x3x6 and I place a circulation fan on the floor of the tent near my fresh air intake blowing fresh room temp air straight up thru the canopy towards my exhaust fan. These lights exhaust hot air through the sides of the lights so you want to direct that hot air at the exhaust fan and exhaust the tent air out a nearby window. Be sure to measure your temp at the canopy level.
            Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Can u post a pic of your setup
              It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Is there a way u can get fresh air into ur tent?

Comment

I had to buy a window ac for the same reason my tent was hittin anywhere between 85° to 110° at 250w hps/mh when i first started out. I went out bought a 5000 btu window ac ducted the intake fan right under the window ac now i can run my hps light at 600w or the super luman setting and keep my tent at a steady 65° if id like it to be there but normally fluctuate between 70° and 79°
                  DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
                  250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
                  current grow: feminized blue wizard
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

Fresh air in on the bottom and out at the top. Where’s the ballast location if in the tent it’s a source of heat ?? My 2$

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X