Hormones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hormones

So today I drove 2 hrs to mass to go to me favorite hydro store. I needed some buckets.
    So neways I was chatting to the manager about hormones so he recommended this hormone to boost the plants immune system. It was expensive so I said I'll look into before I buy it. Then he said well if u can test it for me u can have it at cost. Hells yea.
    So my plan as follows I have 1 pineapple express seedling that I put into dwc today. I am going to use this as a test I am harvesting the same plant today so this will be my control plant.
    I am going to use at full strength as directed for my first grow.
    I was thinking if this is an immune system booster. And we know that damaging a plant in the right way will increase production I am thinking that the 2 will compound. I might be able to pull more from the use of the hormone by supercropping.
    So I am deciding I am going to take 2 of the main arms because I top at the third and cut the first off. It makes a nice x and I can train out flat.
    If I just supercrop 2 of the 4 main arms I should notice a difference in the buds.
    This will be a 60 day experiment using the hormone every 2 weeks as directed.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

The test will only be more accurate in my opinion if the test plant was grown in the same training style if any as the control plant you just harvested if you did not train the control plant you should not train the test plant if you trained the control plant then you should train the test plant the same way then that would give you more accurate information I believe

Comment

• abadtrip
      abadtrip commented
      Editing a comment
      I am trying to use the same training method as my control plant. I know u like to manifold and they look amazing u were my inspiration to top my autos. I personally like to top and cut only the first node off. Grow in a x pattern.

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good man

Yay, I like this one

Comment

What hormone is this?

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        Harpin proteins

This sounds great.....good luck! abadtrip how much was the retail price?? who's the manufacturer??

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        The full price at that store was 40 for 3 2g packets. now I have found out that 2 grams is way to much for my needs I will use .25 grams every 2 weeks and I need to be able to vacuum pack and freeze the remanded or it will go bad in 3 weeks after opening.

What is this hormone supose to do?

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        Increases it's immune system so it will make it grow like crazy or kill it.

Sweet im very interested in this keep us updated

Comment

I did my first hormone treatment today. The pineapple express is growing extremely strong and will be getting topped this week. I wanted to do the treatment before topping in hope to see an accelerated recovery time.

I used .25 grams in 16 oz of water in my pump mister. I applied just the smallest mist to the leaves. Then I added 8 oz of the remaining fluid to my res.
        Now my stress begins I have read so many conflicting views on the product.

I gave the other 8 oz to the res of another auto on the verge of death totally my dumbass fault.
        I heard it was awsome for the roots and that's where my problem lies.
        I had a slight light leek all the way around the rim of the net pot. For 4 weeks!. When I found out I fixed it gave her a strong h2o2 treatment for 3 days to try and kill the bactira. then I flushed for 48hrs did a freah res change as scheduled with added hydrogard to try and boost healthy groth.
        Now i added the hormone to try and get her to fire back up again. It might have a very opposite effect but i am not expecting much from her at this point.

Comment

It has been 36 hrs after the hormone treatment. And 12 hrs after topping.
          I have noticed an explosive growth rate I was not expecting her to push our the 4th node and be able to top her in 24 hrs.
          The roots are very healthy with lots of off branching from the main shoots. I do not see this normaly.
          So it's very promising.

The plant that was on the verge of death my Hindu kush auto. I added 8 oz of hormone fluid to the res. This did an amazing turn around on this plant I was not expecting this to happen. From all I have read giving hormones to sick plants will do harm. I must have brought this 1 far enough back from the edge of death for the hormone to work.

So very positive results so far I have 1 more treatment to do in two weeks then I think she will be in flower and you don't spray a plant in flower.

Comment

Looking amazing! What the age of those 2plants

Comment

• abadtrip
              abadtrip commented
              Editing a comment
              The little 1 is 13 days from dry seed and the bigger 1 is 32 days from seed. I start my calender from the time I wet the seed in the rr.

Nice! There growing really fast for 13days thats a lot of growth!!!! Gd job

Comment

It's been 4 days since I did the treatment. I have noticed explosive root growth on both plants what was realy impressive is how much it recovered from the root rot the Hindu kush was experincing. All of the white roots appeared in the last 4 days.

added pic of pinapple express 4 days after treatment topped and 1st node removed exactly like control plant.

theory. I think this is just going to make an awsome root ball witch inturn will create a huge plant. More root more nute.or I am wrong will see.
              Last edited by abadtrip; 11-02-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

You have my attention. LOL

Nice find- I'm always interested in what commercial agriculture is doing, which can then be applied to us.

I may use this during the winter months when I run just 1 tent- with 1/2 doz plants at various maturities.
                It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Way to go Abadtrip, I'm sure gonna get some ,reckon you can get it on Amazon?
                  Oh ,and by the way ,those 2 young plants look awesome.
                  Thanks again.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks man, you have been growing some beautiful plants lately, your last plants were fine looking, I can't wait to see what these look like with the hormones added, I bet they are sure enough gorgeous, and super healthy. Thanks again, I'm looking it up right now.

• abadtrip
                    abadtrip commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks mate that means alot. I have been following your autos and they are awsome.

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks man that means alot to me, but yours are truly pretty, an that ain't no bullsh-t,
                    Thanks again ,I can't wait to follow these 2 your growing now.

So I have noticed a huge explosive growth on the plants the roots and foliage is growing amazing.

the pineapple express had made huge thick fan leaves and has silky white roots.

the Hindu kush has doubled in size since first treatment but she did just go into flower. and the roots have just gone into over time. The amount of growth in 24 hrs is insane.

I don't chill my res so 10 liters sits in a tent at 75 80 deg for 7 days so I have to be real careful with root rot. I have a recovery plan for it now but I hope to not get it any more as I feel I have fixed all problem areas.

I just wanted to show a 24hr change in the roots it's crazy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X