Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do people know any tricks to increase potency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do people know any tricks to increase potency?

I curently do a couple different things and im curious if people have had exspereince with these practices or different ones? I currently leave my plants in the dark for 48h before harvest. The last week till harvest I split the main stem. I also add solistek 10k finisher mh bulbs with enhanced uv rays the last 2weeks till harvest. Then I also add a shit ton of different sugars the last 4weeks till harvest, avaga nectar cane mollases and white sugar. Have people done these practices and what exspereinces have u had? Also do people do any different practices to increase potency? Also I drop humidity to 25-30ish percent for the full flower stage
    Last edited by tyler_ hobbyist; 10-17-2017, 05:01 PM.

One word, Genes

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Another coupla words: harvest time.

Yes I do agree genes are the biggest factor, but the same strain that tested at say 25percent does not mean every bud will be that potency. Im just curious if theres any other tricks out there to increase potency

Comment

You split the stem huh. I seen pictures but ain't got the balls.

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
        tyler_ hobbyist commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya the last week or so cut the main stem and stick something between it to keep it wedged open and the plant produces a lot more crystal because it thinks its under attack. Iv done it on both photos and autos and seems to work nicely

I have a friend who drills holes in the stem a couple of days before harvest
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that like a cannabotomy?

• Joker
        Joker commented
        Editing a comment
        That's funny

Yeah, I'm a firm believer in stem splitting the last few days or week. Grandma's Molasses (No sulphur) don't hurt either!

Comment

So we all agree on genes-
        -The only other thing I am aware that can increase potency is the timing of harvest using the trichomes as your guide.

Most of the recommended "tricks" above may or may not enhance flavor, but certainly not increase potency as peak potency is reached- then it deteriorates over the next month's harvest window.
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          As cannabis legalization opens up it's interesting to see so many things taken as gospel be disproved. One of my favorites is the hanging upside down to dry myth.

The other side of that though is most of us are advanced hobbyists at best and there should be a bit of "magic" in what we do. There is a certain amount of truth to, if I think it's a better product, it is, for me.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally agree about the little bit of magic in what we do. My personal favorite is the candle-light sacrifice of a rubber chiken (or duck, it doesn't matter) at the onset of flowering...

• AlphaPhoenix
          AlphaPhoenix commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree on genetics and harvest times. My personal views are that everything we do to increase potency actually are flavor enhancers. I have tried molasses and milk, and it didn't make it more potent but it was a different taste in my opinion. All in all I try things like everyone else but do it to have fun.

Hmmmmm, I might try splitting the stem on one in my next batch. I have plenty of bud from my first grow so if the experiment happens to backfire, I won't be too upset.

Comment

I think a perfect environment would produce the best product. This said getting a perfect environment may cost more than the product is worth. I know cretin things would make my grows produce a slightly better product but I don't feel that it worth the effort and cost to get that extra 5 percent. Now if u could prove that splitting a stem or dark before harvest did anything. And prove it in a way u can repeated the results. I would be interested in trying it.
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Proper cure....6 month old green crack twice as potent as 2 month old... just kicked my assss,a little hash oil on the side ☮️

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Mighta been the hash oil kicked your ass...

Hormones for plants
            Germination:
            • Gibberellic Acid - can help take seeds out of dormancy

Vegetative phase:
            • Gibberellic Acid - can stimulate premature flowering or stimulate growth
            • Auxin - can help with growth (when combined with Brassinolide)
            • Fulvic Acid - can help transport hormones throughout the plant
            • Cytokinine - especially Kinetin - can help with new growth and expand growth

Flowering phase:
            • Ethylene - can increase female flower production
            • Gibberellic Acid - can help prevent frost damage to the buds
            From an email from ilgm
            It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Probably same principles as splitting the stalks, but we use to wait about a month or so before harvest and we would pick a certain bud and badly wound it by almost breaking it into ,an it definitely seemed to be the strongest bud on the plant after harvest too, something about the plant trying to heal itself from the damage that came from the wound.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Instead of splitting the main I split the main branches off the main and put into the dark for 48 hours my 2$

Comment

• Potted
                  Potted commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes I did,beats the hell out of watering your pot with milk,crazy lol

Do u notice any difference from spliting the side branchs instead of the main stem?

Comment

I got an email last night from Robert Bergman I believe that's correct anyhow it's all about exactly what you want to know hormones and other stuff too increase potency and yield. I believe it's Robert bergman's Laboratory look it up online he's a renowned cannabis grower as well good luck let us know. ☮️

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X