cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the forum. I also have asthma, I vaporize, it make all the difference in the world. Give it a try.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey guys Camk and king fish if you both have asthma get yourself some Mullein its a herb you can get or pick it will really help with your asthma, our granddaughter was on a nebulizer everyday. we gave her some Mullein tea and she went from daily use of nebulizer to once a week if at all

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jarhead, I'll look into it.

would this be as good as makeing oil with solvent and a slow cooker would it perhaps be even better and be more potent with less bud wasted

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
      GreenDragonRon commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll still need to use a solvent to extract after decarboxylation. I believe if you follow the typical RSO procedure, decarboxylation happens as you boil off the solvent.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      jak397 I am hoping that it will be better, because it won't involve any more heat! I have been looking into making extracts/tinctures with the decarbed herb.

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I never made oil, so I can't comment on it.

ok forgive my stupidness lol bear with me is making rso oil better for medicating than eating this decarboxlited flower

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
      GreenDragonRon commented
      Editing a comment
      I think RSO would be easier to dose and you can also use it topically.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I started this thread because I had been researching all of these issues. It makes sense to me that the less heat used in processing oils, etc.--the better. The whole point is to keep the medicine as whole as possible, i.e., not evaporating terpenes or anything else.

Look what lighting a joint does to cannabis: it wipes out 50% at least of its medicinal potential--up in combustion. I want to be able to use the decarbed weed in a variety of ways--but I ordered this little machine specifically for making medicine.

I did a test the last two days that I find interesting. I put 1-2 grams of cured flower into a little glass bottle. The bottle is floated in peanut oil heated to 240F for 110 minutes (induction hot plate with a separate digital thermometer in the oil to confirm temp). I would normally make Golden Tiger out of this using EverClear. For the test, I just ate it. Tastes like dried lawn cuttings. Strong full body high, lasting many hours. Very different than Golden Tiger, which comes on faster, doesn't last as long and is more intense in some ways. For the medicinal effect, eating the decarbo'd flower seems to be more the ticket. Particularly if functionality needs to be maintained.
    So instead of using a loose foil wrap for the ground flower and floating on hot oil, I used a tightly sealed glass bottle in the oil and un ground, cured flower.
    More tests to follow.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      It does taste funky sometimes, but I want to taste it as I believe that the taste is part of its therapy.

This is another way of consuming dark leafy greens, which are of course incredibly good for us.

I use 2 products now decarb high CBD and decarb 1:1 both milled and i put in capsules
    i have to buy the product now through my access to medical but with the machine and growing my own i should be able to save money
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Camk I ordered the machine specifically for use with high-CBD strains (although of course I'll use it for THC strains as well). What you do is what I figured I would do, except maybe not mill it: just put pieces in a capsule with a little coconut oil. Also gonna put small chunks under my tongue and see how that works. A lot of experimentation has to be involved, but I feel like I'm on the cutting edge in terms of addressing the health issues I want to try and make better. And get off them scrips!!!!
      Last edited by alltatup; 10-18-2017, 03:15 AM.

i own the ardent nova. and i will say this. IT WORKS, wonderfully actually. i make butter and oils. so using the decarb makes a huge difference in edible products. and i mainly smoke joints so i use a 50/50 ratio or boxed and unboxed smoke. it makes for a great joint.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      CALIKARTEL SO GLAD to finally hear from someone who owns one!!! One of the things I can't wait to try is decarbing the weed and then vaping it in my StorzBickel Plenty vaporizer. I read that it really improves the quality of vape and smoke!!!

Reminder about edibles. I make Golden Tiger with decarbed flower and EverClear. Gave a friend 4 oz's. He's done it with us a number of times, and enjoys it. He decided to stay home and do yard work. So he did 15 ml instead of his usual 5-10 ml. Not good. He had a very uncomfortable time with dizziness, anxiety and just not feeling good. For hours.
    So just be careful boys and girls. With what we grow, if its handled well, it is very powerful.

I just started decarbing using using alum. herb storage jars, floating in peanut oil heated to 230-240 F. Wow!

Comment

• GRAND
      GRAND commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's some Mr. Wizard type sh*t!!!! O_o

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I know that is right!! That was my experience some years ago with eating the decarbed herb. It was a terrible experience.

alltatup any word yet? Have you received this little wonder device ? It sure sounds cool.

Did I read that one can decarb fresh picked flower for immediate consumption? How cool would that be?
    Great topic. I've been curious about decarbing.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      On their website it says they will ship for arrival on Oct 30, so I expect it on Monday. If you go to their website, you can read about the sublingual method of consumption which puts it directly into the bloodstream and bypasses the digestion process with edibles. That's going to be the first thing I try. http://www.ardentcannabis.com/educat...al-application

I also want to make "cool" tinctures that don't require any heating. Once the herb is decarbed, the methods are all pretty similar: it involves letting the alcohol and cannabis sit for a period of time, with occasional shakes. If the herb is decarbed first, then there's no need for any more heat!!

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      I just looked on the site because I was going to order one, looks like it's been pushed back to Nov. 11th

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      GanjaGed I think that's the new order arrival date. I still expect mine on the 30th of this month.

This is the first I've heard of this machine, but I can see how it could be extremely helpful for making edibles. I would love to hear everyone's experiences with it! There's also the Magic Butter Machine, which makes infused butter from herb, but you have to decarb the buds first for the best results. This also seems like this could be useful if you want to make non-oil based edibles (like tinctures). In fact, it seems like it would support almost any type of edible, or you could even just eat the buds directly from the machine.

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought with the MagicButter machine you still had to decarb outside of it.

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It gets hot enough to do a some decarboxylation, so you can choose not to decarb, but your resulting butter will be much stronger if you cook the buds in the oven at a low heat first. The machine comes with instructions with the recommended time and temperature to do that with.

• TheGreenGiggler
      TheGreenGiggler commented
      Editing a comment
      So have you compared the MBM unit to the mighty fast? I like the mighty for its design . Haven’t looked at the MBM as much but I thought the mighty was larger and mor versatile... easy to clean too!!

Thanks for this alltatup. I just ordered one.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome, Dutchman!

ATU,. I will be waiting to you post real world results before ordering. I a just starting my grow, I have a few months before I will need one. Sounds awesome so far.

Happy Growing,. errr tincturing.

Madman

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I will mos def be keeping a record of my experiments on the forum!!!

DELIVERY DATE MOVED TO NOV. 10

I received an email from Ardent this morning, and the delivery date has been pushed forward. It doesn't matter to me because I won't be harvesting for another 3-4 weeks. The good news included in the email was that high CBD strains that also have more than a minimum of THC in them will not need two runs through the machine, but will decarb in one run:

"It is in fact possible to decarb CBD with the same parameters as THC. The determining factor in CBDa decarb is actually whether THCa is also present. Where THCa is present, even where CBDa is dominant, CBDa and THCa will decarb simultaneously and at the precision temps that work for conversion to THC. It is only where THCa is minimal or not present that CBDa may require longer (2 cycle) processing."

This is very good news for me.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it just got pushed back again to Nov 20th.

From their CS Dept. I was asking if the 10th was the ship or receive date. The date has also changed on the website.

"We are currently in pre-order for units arriving November 20th, at which point we get your unit on its way to you. Domestic addresses generally arrive within a few days, and we of course send you tracking information the moment we have it."

• TheGreenGiggler
      TheGreenGiggler commented
      Editing a comment
      So mad that mine burnt out after so few uses!!!!”

What's the difference between decarbing in the oven is the Nova? Even though I have read about decarbing, I don't fully understand the importance.

Madman

Comment

Precision Madman. Decarbing turns THCa into THC which is where the " buzz" comes from. Oven is ok but Im hoping the Nova will get a consistent product every time that is decarboxylated perfectly. It eliminates the guesswork as to whether Im doing everything correctly.

Comment

MY MACHINE IS SHIPPING TOMORROW!!! So next week I'll be decarbing some trim and making some tincture. I will also try decarbing some bud that's drying.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, Im excited to try it out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X