starting seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting seeds

Started a lot of seeds lots of ways. Just wondering the colectives experiences. Thnx and hope all are well .

Morning redbeard I use the idiot proof way Rapid Rooters , just keep damp and warm ,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I do; no pre-soaking, straight into the pH-balanced root riots n add warmth.

• abadtrip
      abadtrip commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly what I do now 100 percent germ rate. I do tare off a corner of the rr to cover the hole.

I use a damp paper towel in a baggie put on the wireless router til they pop, then split open a R.R. tuck em in and put in a cup of soil, water, put under a cfl and watch the magic happen.

Comment

Soaked in a cup of water for about 18 hrs, dropped 'em in damp Jiffy pellets (pointy end down) in the germination tray they came with, on top of a cheap heating mat.
      My first grow

Comment

howdy redbeard, I germinate my seeds on a paper towel in an aluminum pan with just enough pH'ed water (5.0-5.5) to bring the seeds in contact with, but not covered, by the water level. I cover the pan with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. I place the pan in a warm spot and start checking them after 24 t0 36 hours. When they sprout (or more accurately, if they sprout) I transfer the sprouts into pre soaked rockwool cubs ( the cubes have a small amount of rooting gel in the seedling hole and are soaked in 5.5 pH'ed water).
        Good luck in Your growing.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I searched and couldn't find a thread so i picked this one.
          My set up is a 4' x 4' x 7'6" room, FF soil with a W450 LED light.
          I'm 100% on my germination but have now lost one Caramelicious auto and two Lemon Haze autos after they sprout and are about 2" tall.
          They just stop growing droop over and die?
          I seen something about dead heads? but now can't find it?
          THComa

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you drowning them?

Red Beard I put mine in a paper towel moisten and stick on top of my cable box,its dark and warm,then when they pop I cut root riot in half place seed in it close and put it in tray

THComa you can start your own thread click on ask questions/start a discussion at the top of the forum page then ask away, Seedlings are pretty fragile in my opinion if you water them to much they die if your light is to close they die , there are a number of things that can and will kill a seedling
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Morning Thcoma, are you talking about when the seed hull stays on, after they pop up, if you are that will kill seedlings too, you have to gently remove the hull an the clear looking membrane.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X