Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I double nutrients to get the right numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I double nutrients to get the right numbers?

I am trying to get my nutrients to 2-7-7 for flowering and can't find those, however I do have a 1-3.5-0 and a 0-0-6, so I was wondering if I doubled the 1-3.5-0 would it be 2-7-0?
    I am growing in soil.

Thanks

Originally posted by craftygirl View Post
    I am trying to get my nutrients to 2-7-7 for flowering and can't find those, however I do have a 1-3.5-0 and a 0-0-6, so I was wondering if I doubled the 1-3.5-0 would it be 2-7-0?
    I'm not sure if that would work or not (though it seems like it might), but the easiest way to get 2-7-7 would be with "Schultz Cactus Plus 2-7-7" that is probably available locally and inexpensively. It might be the route I'm going to go.
    First-time California outdoor medical backyard grower -- Aurora Indica Feminized plants in soil.

Comment

Sadly I live in the middle of nowhere in Canada, so my options are very limited. Even ordering online things take forever to get to me, like usually over 2 weeks. I haven't been able to find the schultz cactus, I was looking for it forever around here.

Comment

I'm sorry I can't help, then...but the arithmetic looks right for combining the two -- but I think the possible danger is in determining their relative volumes. I hope someone here has experimented with this enough to help you.
        First-time California outdoor medical backyard grower -- Aurora Indica Feminized plants in soil.

Comment

im doing something similar with fine tuning my nute/supp scheduling.
          not simple when ur new, lol.
          when you target a specific custom npk ratio its better to know the concentration (ppms) before you go mixing it all up.
          i start by mixing 5ml of each component to 1 gal water that was tested before mixing. subtract plain water ppms from total mix ppms and record the result. now its simple math to hit your npk ratio and stay within an appropriate concentration range for the size of your canopy.
          hope this helps!

Comment

You should be able to do what you're suggesting. Make sure that the fert doesn't add any other micronutrients as that might be an issue.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Originally posted by intergalactic_harvester View Post
              im doing something similar with fine tuning my nute/supp scheduling.
              not simple when ur new, lol.
              when you target a specific custom npk ratio its better to know the concentration (ppms) before you go mixing it all up.
              i start by mixing 5ml of each component to 1 gal water that was tested before mixing. subtract plain water ppms from total mix ppms and record the result. now its simple math to hit your npk ratio and stay within an appropriate concentration range for the size of your canopy.
              hope this helps!
              How does one go about measuring ppm?

Comment

With a meter or some strips.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

hey craftygirl doubling your nute only increases ppm it will not give you 2 77 you would be far better off to buy something that is made for weed and wait for it to come in sorry just trying to help
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X