No announcement yet.

The Great and Secret Garden of Ganja Ged - Indoor-Ebb&Flow-LED-2 Tent Perpetual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think they will catch up in a week GG but I had a w.w. supposedly auto that was small and when all was said and done it produced close to 1/2 lb
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Right?

The pairings are very clear. Northern Light and Wonder Woman are similar enough to run together, then, Candida and White Widow.

The Wonder Woman is a monster and wants nor needs a companion strain in the tent lol. I can't wait to run her in a ScrOG where I can start early training. So far it's an awesome strain to grow imo.

The NL seems more suited to SOG, type growing so far to me, but similar enough in structure and growth to run with the Wonders pretty easily if wanted.

The Candida is an Indica pheno and small. She's growing well though and will be able to hold her own with the others I think for this grow. She should thrive under topping and LST. Low and wide.

Hard to say much for the Widows but as far as structure they're identical to the Candida, typical Indica. If they were growing they'd be beautiful plants. So I'm very hopeful for the strain, just not sure these plants can make it this grow.

I think if this was a 2 strain grow with Candida and Widow I'd take them to flower just to see, but in this grow I suspect the Wonders are going to go apeshit and try to take over the tent and just choke out anything not able to hold their own. It's all part of the trouble growing multiple strains at one time esp. when not familiar with them and new to growing to boot.

Yea, overcrowded tent, at best stunted and far behind, I'd have to hold back plants that are going to yield to keep light on plants that might yield, more downside than up, out they go.

See OJH, you talked me right out of keeping them Nah, I had decided this morning after sleeping on it. TY for the reply, the "what if" is just so intriguing and I was really cheering for the runt, Widow #2.
      Last edited by GanjaGed; 09-07-2017, 08:17 PM.

It's just so satisfying to reach into the jar, pull out enough bud for a week or so, grind it up, load the bong and enjoy a nice big hit of self-grown cannabis. My stash jar was empty and now it's full again, I didn't have to make a call, wait for the right time, wonder if the weight was right or if quality would be available this time, drive anywhere, nothing. A walk to the closet, select the current "feed" jar, burp the longer curing jars, and a full stash jar and a happy man!

I really wish Jeanette could be here for this, she'd be so happy. But she can smell it and she knows and she's smiling, ready for the next circle.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait for this feeling. Congratulations

Shes there GG , I love growing this herb and having it around without having to go to the dispensary is a blessing . I've tried multable strains before it gets a bit challenging at times with different nute amounts for different strains but worth it .I will probably run 2 strains to start off with in the new room . My plan was to run 6 plants at once I have 5 gorilla bombs and 1 limpin louie already tied down and 4 more LL that are waiting on bigger pots , I have grown both before so I should be ok
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

Saturday in the garden!

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

Comment

Saturday and time for the weekly report!

Past Week Notes - Tent B

9-2 - Various training to get all about same height. Both Widows weak stems. Sent clones to Tent A. Stem on Wonder #1 split and bandaged with cheesecloth, treated with water/H2O2 spray (8 oz/7.5ml)

9-5 - Both Widows are at best shocked but I think stunted. Almost certain this is because of being twins. All others going good and recovered from training with no slow down. Added 12 ml Grow. Likely going to pull the 2 Widows and let the other 4 plants use the extra space, even if just stunted they likely can’t catch up and will not get proper light. Looking to start flower on 9-16 at latest.

9-7 - Pulled both Widows. They had both recovered from the training on 9/2 but simply never grew beyond that. Both had very weak/soft stems at the rooter, pulled them right after a flood to check the working dampness of the top rooter and it was good, solid damp but not soaked at the bottom with an even drying up to a not dry but not wet top of the rooter. The “cool” of present moisture but not wet.

Roots were healthy, but not as spread out as I would like, they basically followed the rooters down. Not totally unexpected, I’ve been working on adding a “root development phase” to my grows for the E&F in order to best utilize the Smart Pots. I’ll wait to see how the other root-balls look after harvest before making a change, so Winter Grow at the earliest.

Rearranged plants to use opened space. Did some further LST pulling branches down.

9-8 - Add 5 gal RO. Let circulate 1 flood, Check PPM/PH on next flood and adjust. 812/6.4, add CalMag/Micro/Gro/Bloom 24/24/12/12. 1104/5.4

Losing the Widows is sad. I hate to pulling the plug, but sometimes it's just for the best.

I'm loving the E&F! I should be getting the parts to make the next set for Tent A this week, when I do I'll put together a little DIY tutorial. Gotta get it done, my local Wal-Mart is closing, bah! That's really going to suck as it's the only one within 30+ miles. Which not only sucks for shopping in general but makes getting my meds a bitch too. Oh well, roll with the punches I guess.

Besides the Widows the week went smooth, Res running great, plants doing great, though I went a bit high on PPMs last night so might get a little nute burn out of it. Just kind of testing levels to give an idea of who likes what.

Saturday 9-9 Maintenance

Last Res Change - 13 days

Total additions post change

RO - 5 gal (5)

CalMag - 24 ml
        Micro - 24 ml (24)
        Grow - 24 ml (24)
        Bloom - 12 ml (12)
        H2O2 - Foliage Treatments

(#) remaining addition qty before triggered change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0773.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	132531

Before

LST and defol on everyone. Also grabbed 3 Wonder Woman clones for Tent A. I'll likely grab a couple more in a few days just to get a couple bigger ones and to make sure I get 2 -4 rooted. Pretty much gonna let them grow a few inches then flip them to flower.

Name:	GEDC0777.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	132532

Name:	GEDC0784.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	132533

Wonder Woman #1 - I was a bit shaky and unsteady today so pics may not be the best. Thick branches and stem. Split still wrapped.

Name:	GEDC0780.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	132534

Name:	GEDC0781.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	132535

Wonder Woman #2 - Again, this strain has vigor.

Name:	GEDC0783.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	132536

Northern Light - A SOG of these would be amazing I think, Next time

Name:	GEDC0778.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	132537

Candida - I can't wait to try this strain. She doesn't belong in a grow with the Wonder Woman or Northern Light plants, but she is definitely gonna play with the big girls and hold her ground.

Name:	GEDC0776.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	132538

Name:	GEDC0785.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	132539

And of course the After Shot

Kick ass Saturday even if I was off a bit. I've pretty much taken an hour nap every 2 hours today :/

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

And a sneak peek at Tent A

Tent A

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            A stoner Toy Story scene.

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, yep!

those look great GG cant wait until my girls are ready I just topped and tied down 5 gorillabombs and 1 Limpin louie the new 10 gallon fabric pots are here so I will do the rest of the LL today then its a race to see witch ones go first, I also have 6 autos started 3 have popped and 3 are working on it

Comment

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome!

Didn't I just read you "found" some plants that you forgot about and haven't touched for like 2 months? roflmfao

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            ya I stuck them in the bloom room when others are ready then Ill move them over but I figured they wanted to live so bad I would let them lol

Awesome detail keep up with the great job.
          First grow Bagseed and Acid Dough:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ough-by-ripper

First grow Acid Dough:
          https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2642-first-dwc-grow

Second grow Monster Cropped Acid Dough:
          https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2920...clone-revegged

1000w HPS. (4) 136w LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. (1) 136w LED. (6) 13w cfls. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule. Hydroguard.

Comment

We're back!!!!

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

So a quick up to speed:

Tent B is at 15 days 13/11 today

Tent A is still down

I've been approved for full disability

My cat Gus passed away today

I'll work on getting a semi detailed update up, probably tomorrow.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                May the cannabis gods speed Gus's journey to nirvana-- and Tom Petty's, too.

hey GG sorry to hear about Gus, loosing a family member is hard how old was she .our cat shaddow is 19 years so she could go any time.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                We will all transmogrify into something much purer sooner or later, and encounter each other wandering in the grand cosmic cannabis garden.

Thank you for the thoughts

He was in his late teens, I don't know exactly how hold anymore.

His story with us began when Jeanette was at the grocery store one day and the cashier told her about a kitten that was out back left in the dumpster. He was way to young to be away from momma cat, his eyes weren't even open yet. The cashier and Jeanette were friends so Jeanette was telling her what she'd need and stuff to try and nurse it along and to call if she had any questions.

Sure as shit at like 2 in the morning the chick calls, her husband won't let her keep it. So off we go to pick up him up and take him in. Jeanette was literally his momma.

Last time we were here Tent B looked like this

Name:	image_28762.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	133115

and now it looks like this

Name:	GEDC0811.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	133116

You can clearly see the different growth between the 3 strains.

The front right corner is the Candida, an Indica Pheno. Slower, lower growth, little stretch

The front left and back right corners are both Wonder Woman with Hybrid Phenos. Vigorous Veg growth, little stretch but bulks up at 12/12

The back left corner is Northern Light a Sativa Pheno. Decent but not impressive veg growth, much more "open" with longer branches and definite stretching, currently a tad more than double.

Res has been running for 16 days, added 5 gal of RO and have maintained PPM by adding nutes as needed. I feel like I could be actually running a bit higher on the nutes but I'm just trying to stay in the middle somewhere with different strains out of the same reservoir. I'll dial the dose in with single strain runs.

In a way it's good the White Widows got scrapped, there simply isn't room for them, the tent is full! Actually it's a bit too full, or more accurately isn't trained correctly. Which is ok, that's what this grow was about, learning the strains and getting an idea of how they grow. I knew that was going to come with some difficulty and problems. I choose "easy" strains to make those less, for example I didn't want to risk having something needing a high nute and another needing low nute solutions. Those can come later, when the tents are dialed in a bit more.

I'm gonna do one last tie down on the NL to try and get it back with the rest of the canopy, or at least some of it, there really isn't enough open spots for all of it, lol. I think I could super crop a bit but it's getting a bit late for that.

Pretty much we're on cruise mode to harvest.

As for Tent A

I have nothing going for it atm. I had some clones ready to go, but then there was a shipping delay and some indecision on my part about how I really want to run the tents, grow etc. so I just shut everything down.

The delay is over, the last of the order arrived today, which is better than Nov, which was the prior expected date....

I now have the Ebb and Flow all set up for it, built a ScrOG dog for the tent and it's good to go, as soon as I upgrade the light. I think I'm just gonna add a second 300we LED rather than going up to the 600we, but I won't need that until flower.

So as soon as I make some kind of decision, I'll fire it up.

As for what's on my mind, lol.

I've made the decision to switch nutrients, from General Hydroponics to Dyna-Gro, fora couple of reasons. I'm in no way a "militant" enviro-nut or anything, but if I have pretty equal factors on both sides I land on the "good" side, lol. Scott's bought GH, and Botanicare btw. and Scoot's while not a Monsanto company is a closely working partner with them and I'm not a fan of Monsanto, so no love lost there. I ran Dyna-Gro all the time I was practicing growing because it was the one nute I was clear could be used in both soil and hydro, the GH company name is a bit confusing when you're first starting out, so I know it grows weed well and I'm familiar with it.

What I've really come to appreciate about Dyna-Grow is that using their complete line of products is only 4 bottles plus 2 limited use. The basic formula is only 2 bottles. Those 4 bottles are grow, bloom, silica, mag/sulpher. No need for Cal because it's already covered in the base nutes. This allowed them to use the mag product as a booster for P also. The silica acts as a PH down if needed to help get away from those additives. The other 2 bottles are a root enhancer that you use on seedlings/clones and the first 3 weeks of veg and the other is an enzyme to help maintain water quality and help bio waste breakdown.

I guess basically ease and lower cost are the main factors for change with some added benefits

As far as the second Tent (A) I'm not sure how I want to end up growing, lol. The choices I'm looking at is either run one as a nursery and the other as the grow or to run the side by side as grows with one in flower and one in veg at all times.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I support your switch away from Scotts products.

Boy they have really grown haven't they Ganj ? Looking nice ,keep it up!! Glad to see you back Ganj.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks DAAS, you too!

They're crazy, lol. You can't really see it but there are 2 "marker ropes" in the tent. The lower is 12" from the top of the tray, the upper is 12" above that.

In the first pic the plants are like 3"-4" under the lower mark. You can see the mark in the second pic, that's the upper one, so around 15" growth since then, even more for the NL which has colas 3" above the upper marker. It's closing in on 2.5x stretch in 12/12.

wow GG those have blown up they look fantastic

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks OJH!

I'm just glad the stretch is about done, I'm literally out of horizontal space. Fortunately I was thinking straight and left in a little "unaccounted for" head room, but the NL is throwing the canopy out of whack.

Next grow is going to be 2x Wonder Woman ScrOG which should work out beautiful.

Did some tie downs on the NL.

Added 5gal RO/24ml cal-mag/12ml micro/24ml bloom.

Res is running smooth natural ph flux between 5.8-6.2, running ppm in the 800-1000 range. Last res change was 9-18 (16 days) with the light change. This top off should give a week or so, which will be a "triggered" change to flush out the grow solution.

I should probably write up how I do my reservoir. May be after I make the Dyna-Gro switch so I can show the entire basic nutrient/maintenance regiment I do.

Thoughts on this grow:

This grow is a huge step up from the last one, as it should be

Up-grade factors include:

Genetics - There's no question these genetics outstrip my Death Star genetics, which aren't terrible to begin with, lol.

E&F System - I can't praise this method enough. Barring a chance to grow outdoors with organic methods I can't imagine ever growing without the trays again. It's certainly not for everyone but for me, yea, it's the fucking cat's meow!

Things to work on, improve

The correct answer is always everything but the top of the current list is:

Training - Right now this is my most pressing limiting factor. I knew this already from the last grow and I also knew it wasn't going to improve much this run. I did simple topping and some LST on these as the goal was to see the strains in action as well as see the growth phenotypes express. The Tent A run is going to be 2 Wonder Woman under ScrOG which should work well with that strain. My next run of Northern Light will likely be a single topping SOG style or a more "natural" grow with some cages or something. The Candida I'm not sure yet. It could almost certainly be run with the Wonder Woman on a ScrOG but it wouldn't be optimal imo. I haven't really decided but it seems a companion to run with the WW in some fashion.

Light Distance - This still needs to dialed in better but with the current grow I'm kind of forced to deal with an uneven canopy. The good part is the NL has shown I can get closer, at least to it than I thought.

Nutes - With the switch to Dyna-Gro I'll be adding some things beyond the base grow/bloom/micro solution and dialing in better ratios per strain. I'm really looking forward to doing some grows with each tray having it's own res while in the same tent, being able to isolate the res while all other factors are the exact same should have some interesting results.

A couple of pics from today:

Name:	GEDC0814.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	133429

Name:	GEDC0819.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	133430

Couple of shots of the canopy

Name:	GEDC0815.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	133431

Wonder Woman Budlet

Name:	GEDC0817.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	133432

Northern Light Budlet

Name:	GEDC0818.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	133433

Candida Budlet.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X