Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Question

3x3 tent

I've got a second one on the way so I'll be getting a new light for it.

I have

GalaxyHydro 600w (~250 draw) 3x3 @ 24"
    GalaxyHydro 300w (~135 draw) 2x2 @ 24"

The set up is two 2'x1.5' trays which also switch out for two 3'x1.5' trays.

Am I better off getting another 600 or another 300? I'm budgeted for the 600 and the 300 I have will get used so it's really a matter of the best set up. The 2 300's would have a bit higher draw but the optimal footprint is smaller or rather 2x4 not 3x3.

Any help appreciated thanks

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

I've only had experience of a 15 watt led for herbs but I used it for the first three days of my seedlings for a while tell some of the LEDs went out I no u can't use the hand method for the distance of leds and u need to go by the brands recommend distance ( or close to it) so just my opinion if u have the space/height go with the 600 I'm running a 400 watt mh/HP's tht I'm happy with but wish everyday I just went for it and got the 600

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I already run one 600 fine. Just with the new tent since the cost of 1 600 or 2 300's is about the same I'm just not sure which is better to do. The greater draw is better with 2 but the optimal footprint is wrong, lol. But then again the additional draw is very small so the single larger footprint might be better. Gonna drive me nuts, lol.

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok I fully understand now idk if this is the same but Jorge Cervantes recommends useing 400 or 600 watt HP's because they make less heat I'm not saying he's the best grower but this is why I went with the 400 cuz I pland to add another 400 watt so I got 800 with less heat but now I don't really want to or have the extra outlets to add the Second so I'd rather have the one 600 but everyones situation is different hope this helpd and little and more leds users should chim in tomorrow

One thing to keep in mind, is the amount of heat created by each light. There will significantly more heat generated with 2x300w than 1x600w.
    I would choose the best footprint for the tent size you are using.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point on the heat, I had left that out of the equation. Yea, I'm leaning towards the 600w. I've already got the distances pretty well dialed in and am familiar with it, plus the damned foot print size would nag at me every grow, lol.

These are the lights I have. They are 130 each, I've been buying them once a payday. The auto flower forum explains what they are all about. They each only pull 55w from the wall, but are comparable to 150hps because they get more out of their light. My plants have been doing very well under them.

I had the Galaxy hydro 600w in my setup and it worked fine. The temp was 80 in there with that one, and no dehumidifier in the room.

With 3 autocobs, the temp is 79, but I also added a dehumidifier to my room, which really added some heat(the room my tent is in is pretty small. 4x10 maybe). I'm guessing it would be around 76 or less without the dehumidifier in there.

2 reasons I switched to these:

My electric bill will go up roughly $19/month with these guys, and that's pretty cheap for growing.

I liked the purplish light at first, but it was really difficult to tell the plants true color.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought about COB's when I was first upgrading, and may look into them again in the future when I either upgrade or need to replace a panel. What's funny is I may actually find switching to HID's will be good in the winter here, just for the extra heat, lol.

So many damned choices! Thanks for the links, definately gonna check them out, knowledge and info are always good things.

Greetings GG! I love MA, brother lives on Cape Ann. Wish i moved there years ago...
    If you need the extra heat for the winter, maybe two 300 leds is the way to go. Idk. Yeah, cobs look pretty good too. Check on craigslist, u might find cheaper there, plus it is local. Kessil supposedly makes a great Led, great penetration great spectrum, low heat. Pricey when new but low draw and low heat, look similar to the cobs posted on this thread. Peace brother, Semper Fi

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X