Harvest now or After Vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest now or After Vacation?

I'm at day 84 from seedling breaking the soil with two NL autos from Nirvana. I've been watering 1 to 1.5 gallons every 3 days with Botanicare Bloom and molasses. I do have a jewelers loupe and most of the trichomes are cloudy at this point. There appear to be some that might be a bit clear (less than 5%) while others have started turning amber (5-10%). I've done a good bit of trimming and removed most of the yellowing and dying leaves. I leave for vacation on Friday morning and won't be back until Monday evening, so Thursday night is my last chance to harvest unless I wait until I get back. Should I cut down Thursday (tomorrow) or wait until I get back. If I should wait, approximately how long?

Hmm if you harvest before by time you get back they may be ready for curing or smoking(if your lucky) but idk

Comment

It appears they're still pushing white whiskers it would probably safe to wait.

Comment

I'm wondering about too much degradation if I leave them unattended...but don't want to go too early either and lose out on the "couch lock" effects.

Comment

I say wait. Like Primo said, there are still a few white pistils standing up. You can water them tomorrow and they should be fine. Lots of growers let them dry out for a bit at the end anyhow. Biggest reason I say wait is that I would never leave great buds like that to dry on their own. It's a critical time to watch your temp and humidity. Some of my grows have dried in 4 days so I had to jar them to make sure they didn't over-dry.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

I've done it both ways- cut and hang the entire plant for a slow dry; (10 day vacation)
            Use perlite in a plant saucier to get an extra 500-800 mls to hold you over. (4-5 day vacation)
            It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

They sure turned out pretty buds thats for sure, good job. I harvested my NLAUTO on day 87 ,but she was ready, yours still has some time to go yet.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Wait, I would keep flushing for at least a week maybe 2 patience goes a long way they'll fatten up even more.

Comment

Thanks guys. Some conflicting info, but it does sound like waiting a bit would be the way to go. I'll give them until I'm back in town on Monday and then take a look. I'll be sure to give them a good watering on Thursday night before I leave.

Comment

I wouldn't even water them the last week or so whenever you decide when that is. Helps bigly with drying. Also keep them in the complete dark for couple of days before harvesting, seems to me it really helps with bud trichs development and stickyness. Patience plays a big part in the final product.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Hold on till u return,I think it will be worth the wait ! My .02$

Comment

I had the same dilemma with my last harvest and although they were photos, not autos, I wish I had waited to harvest after vacation, especially if you are looking for couchlock. Mine turned out okay but would have diffently improved if I had waited just a little longer.
                        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                        315 LEC
                        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                        6" Carbon filter
                        3- 6" fans
                        humidifier
                        temp and humidity gauge
                        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                        FF trio nutrients

Comment

Just cut down..good mix of trichomes..both same strain..same everything..why the different look in color?
                          Potted
                          D.A.A.S.69 Weed Pharma Sammy PRIMO Sheesh
                          Last edited by rydin4life; 08-29-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X