white tips on leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white tips on leaves

Hi i'm looking for some help here. I'm a very new grower and have already had a couple of very unsuccessful grows. I am growing 4 White Widow Autoflowering plants under an Advanced Platinum P300 LED I have been growing them for 4 weeks and have switched the bloom lights on as they are starting to show signs of flowering. My problem is the tips of the leaves on the new growth (pistels) are turning upwards and turning white. I can only assume this is caused by light burn and have raised the light a bit. Can anyone advise me if I am correct and can anyone out there using an Advanced Platinum P300 advise on the correct height for the light Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Photos would help. If you're talking about the pistils (the hair-like things), those are supposed to be white. Otherwise could maybe be light burn.
    My first grow

Comment

thanks for the quick reply Aloner I know the pistils are meant to be white but its the tips on the green leaves with the pistils Im worried about and the leaves are curling up

Comment

I am by no means an expert but it does sound like light burn. How close was your light and how close is it now?
        My first grow

Comment

Hi I had the light at 18inches but have now moved it back to 24inches will keep my fingers crossed and hope this solves the problem Will probably have to keep adjusting the light until i get the right balance

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope so too. Good luck!

Could also be early stage of nute burn. When the tips of my leaves turn white, I take that as reaching maximum nutrent level plants can absorb. As long as white is just on the very tips of the leaves I haven't had any further issues.
          DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
          315 LEC
          6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

Could also just be new growth
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

corser7 - Keep in mind that after you make your corrections, whether it's nutrients, lighting etc., those white leaf tips are not likely to return to a healthy green color. It's the new growth coming in that you want to pay attention to in order to see if your corrections had any effect.

Comment

I would have to agree with Aloner in that a picture would be of better help in determining what could be the issue. However, you said "My problem is the tips of the leaves on the new growth (pistels) are turning upwards and turning white". There's a bit of confusion with your reply. The leaves are not called pistils. The pistils are the little tiny white hairs that emerge from the Calyx which is located where the main stalk meets the fan leaf. Some people also confuse the pistils with the Stipules, but the Stipules are aren't white; they're greenish and thicker than the Pistils. But if you mean the tips of the actual leaf, then it could probably be either light burn from your LED's being too close or from nutrient burn from over-feeding them. Then again, you said 'white'. Most nute burn and/or light burns are usually yellowish/brownish in color and look crispy and curling/drying up in appearance.
                I'm currently in mid Veg. and I'm using an LED with less watts than your LED's and I have mine at around 28" above my plant. The plant seems to like it. Early in the morning she raises her leaves a bit, but after a while they're in normal position. I'm just saying that LED's are more intense than some people give them credit for. Which is why it's always good to hang them higher than what the manufacturer suggests. I'd raise those LED's a bit more and watch how she reacts to them throughout the day. If she keeps yellowing/browning, curling up, and/or trying to turn away from the light, then raise them some more. If by the end of the day she's still reaching up for light, then lower it around an inch a day and monitor her. Hope that helps. Good luck with your growth.
                Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
                White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Armandosr
                  Armandosr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The plants we’re originally grown in 10 gallon cloth t type material, Then put in a grow tent , I have a 12/12 day and night on the lights , Fans and fresh air intake stays on when light is off, other plants two of are starting to grow the way powder in tips turning slightly yellowTwo of my plans are 20 levels high counting where the leaves sprouts

Comment

• Armandosr
                  Armandosr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is the one that the top leaves are starting to shrivel

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude this post is 100yrs old if you got a issue create a new post or look at the problem plant Dr. on this site.

1 day My first time here to this site yesterday posted it today are you telling me it Hass to be a recent photo for the moment got it

Comment

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah...... This thread is from 2017 and started by someone else. All she's saying is if you actually want help then post up a new thread with your specific questions or take a look at the "plant problems " section of this site. Non issue right? Your question will be seen by more growers if you start your own thread and get the help your looking for.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X