No announcement yet.

First time grow[indoor + outdoor combo] budget CFL + unstable power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have missed this but why not just grow outdoor all the way?

Comment

• KushyHermit
      KushyHermit commented
      Editing a comment
      I have switched to outdoor in the daytime and then moving them indoors at night for their 12hrs if darkness. Initially i was trying to avoid growning in the yard just to avoid any situation or prying eyes, as well as help it grow faster by giving it supplementary light at night. I read outdoor took about twice as long as indoor grows and I really want christmas to be lit this year, if you get my drift.

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok I get u and I also hope u have plenty of nuggs for Christmas

Looks to me like you need bigger pots, and some proper nutrients. Good Luck.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• KushyHermit
      KushyHermit commented
      Editing a comment
      Tnx, and yep i know i need both, but both are not available to me. I was planning an indoor grow initially with a well trained plant, instead the power situation has made me more reliant on outdoor which probably made the plant taller than it should be? But anyways I have no bigger "pots", not the large bucket you see behind, and then I would habe to go to myold house to try and get soil. And finally Im in a country where manure is nutrients. Bigger pots would be nice but as long as they can flower in these pots I will be more than happy, even if they wont be as big as can be.

Just to be clear, all 4 plants have been switched to the flowering phase, 2 have clear pistils, 1 looks to have pistils but will wait to be sure, and the last looks female in preflower shape, but will still wait to see. The smallest one is 2 weeks into flower while the 3 largest ones are a week into the flower phase, what i would like to now ask veterans is are these pots okay to flower in without harming the plants? I understand under ideal circumstances they should be transplanted, but unfortunately I am on a 0.00 budget and have spent as much as I can spare already, at most I could get 1 or 2 pots but then it will come to choosing which, acquiring soil, etc. So pots yay or nay?

Comment

Hey KushyHermit you can make cloth pots out of any heavy materials like burlap or bluejeans . They should work as good as the store bought ones . Just as long as the material drains and does not let in light you "should be fine " I think . And self pruning with net pots helps get oxygen to the roots .
      I think everyone here has made something they need and can't find .
      Hope this helps !!
      Last edited by MedMan; 08-26-2017, 09:21 AM.
      Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

They can grow in small pots fine up to a point , but don't expect to much bud in the end. Maybe next grow it will be easier for you to get what you need to grow your pot right. You have done a damn good job so far. Good Luck.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Tnx guys, I have done my research and i was well aware I would need bigger pots but I opted for smaller on my first grow 1. To use as practice, 2.funds 3.quantity of currently available rich soil. I also am aware of different options for pots and even have 2 or 3 larger contsiners I could use but I would then have to source some more soil, make the plants more difficult to transfer inside, make them more obvious. As long as they will be ok flowering in these pots until mature which is hopefully 8+ weeks from now then I will be very happy even with not such a big yield, but they sure as hell have being getting pretty tall during the flowering stretch, they are are at 19" now from 11" last week, well i do live below the equator so i got lovely weather for it. Its the raining season now so its nice n cool with some nice blazing hot sun interspersed between clouds.

The sides of the pots do have some space as the soil compacted so air should be reaching through the sides too abit... I think...

Comment

Anyone also know how to properly feed plants in soil manure? I basically ground up dried sheep/goat pellets and poured over the soil in the pots then watered so some of it gets washed down. Is this a good way, is there a better one, mixing the manure in water first then watering?

Comment

• St.buds
              St.buds commented
              Editing a comment
              You could make tea with it and water the plants with tht " poop tea"

• KushyHermit
              KushyHermit commented
              Editing a comment
              But its just so ewwwwy

• St.buds
              St.buds commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha yea thts true but it's the only other way and I'm not positive but I think tht poop is mostly nitrogen so u might want to find something to bust your flowering

If that's all you got ,just be careful with it. If they are starting to flower be careful of to much nitrogen, if you are growing in good soil you won't need any nutrients, Good Luck
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Manure has great balance of NPK as animals usually eat grassy organic stuff. Mine would be sheep.

Comment

• St.buds
                St.buds commented
                Editing a comment
                Tht definitely more rounded than I thought but I would still find something to add extra phosphorus and potassium during flowering

Sad news today, 2 of the fantastic 4 have to be kicked off the team because they have been tucking balls.
              So sad as one of them was an indica while the rest are sativas, all my decent seeds are mixed together so I have no idea which is which.... So if I want an indica gotta try from seed again and even then wait quite a bit...

Comment

Why ask questions, if if you already know the answers.
                Cfls for a week or two
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• KushyHermit
                  KushyHermit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cs To what are you refering? If you mean the chart I posted above, that was @st. Bud who said manure is mostly nitrogen.

In general I still research on my own even the answers given so I am able to apply it to my own situation and grow.

Good Luck with your plants.
                Cfls for a week or two
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Hey guys ​here with a little update for the week, scorch(the small one) is 4 weeks into flower now, the potaize is now showing as biggest towers over scorch now, but I dont mind as it is a good learning experience. The photos odf the budlets are from the smaller one, photoes of biggest next week when she is 4weeks old.

Biggest is 3 weeks now into flower and they usually go out in the mornings and come in at around 7pm.

Comment

Hello guys, still here and very much indending to share my experience all the way, many times I have found many people abandon their grow thread, never fully sharing how their harvest went, i intend to share it all.

So update on biggest and scorch, scorch is now 8weeks into flowering and as a sativa seems to be kicking into its 2nd growth spurt with buds forming in a foxtail manner with bud tops setting up to take full advantage of the sun. What this means is that with biggest whose colas are weighing it down and i belatedly attached a pole, well the foxtails are all leaning upwards towards the sun. interesting because i wonder for indoor growers who have lights more spread out than an intense single sun, if they get a more uniform foxtail groth pattern. anyway just rambling.

Biggest is directly a week behind at 7 weeks and was wondering from the pics what you guys think and how much longer I have est. I have a magnifier for my phone but it doesnt give me a clear enough view of trichromes unfortunately.

Comment

Is it still growing larger ? Does it have any smell? Is she still drinking lots of water ? I don't see very many trichs on her.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X