Bud washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud washing

So I am wondering if any of u ppls have washed your buds after harvest. From what I have read it bakeing soda and lemon juice in water dunk your buds in and out to wash the dust and crap off of them. Then dry.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

hey abadtrip never heard of that before, keep us posted if you try it . I like your tag 4:19 got a minute
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out Lucky Acres posts and videos. One of the videos shows him washing buds with peroxide. I think Jose Cervantes is the guy who recommends washing buds for PM but I think some people do it just to clean up dust and stuff on the buds.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

I think washing is fine, trichs are not water soluble so they are likely uneffected. Outdoor plants often encounter rain so its nothing new to them. You can even cure cannabis in water.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems​
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

From what I have read people do it to wash off dust and skin cells and stuff one person was saying that u use h202 if u have budrot I don't know about all that he also said h202 made the buds dry fast. 2 to 3 days.
          I keep my tent ziped up most of the time and I made some active charcoal filters for my tent vents so it has nice clean air entering also the filter acts as a light block .

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            WHY would you want to speed up drying??? I understand that the beginning of a real good cure is a slow drying out...

I wash my buds off with fire when I spark em up, works better than water or peroxide.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            How do the buds look after washing?

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
            I wash my buds off with fire when I spark em up, works better than water or peroxide.

Yas! I was going to fire back similarly but you beat me to it. Fire will sterilize anything.

Comment

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              You mean except many pesticides etc. that are safe to eat but turn into toxic compounds when heated? So no, not quite everything, lol

• GenghisGreen
              GenghisGreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Piss in my cereal why don't ya!

Then again, I grow as au naturale as possible and never use pesticides so...... not exactly a concern I usually have.

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              HEHE!

I don't use them either, I do foliar spray with H2O2 through-out the grow, but that isn't an issue.

If I was gonna wash I think I'd use H2O2 instead of the LJ/BS.

One thing I am curious about is if a good dunk in something might be beneficial in increasing the drying time, esp. for those with low humidity problems.

There's a couple of wacky ideas I'm gonna try with a small portion of each harvest. One is "blanching" to lock in bright colors like with veggies. LOL I said they were wacky, but it's totally worth a bud or small branch just to see for myself.

Maybe on this upcoming harvest I'll take a small branch, or one of the small soil girls and dunk it just to see if there's a difference in drying.

All I can say is at that stage I wouldn't go about promoting mold. And H2O promotes mould, anyway you spell it, it means brown buds man and I wouldn't want that.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• abadtrip
              abadtrip commented
              Editing a comment
              I have been reading the complete opposite that washing buds prevents mold. I wish I still had the source article to link in here. I have no idea if the information is correct or not

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Canuck147 Interesting; how does an H2O2 rinse promote mold? Not that I'm going to rinse my buds, because I don't want to speed up drying time... I'm just curious about your comment.

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              How does water promote mold? Geez, I guess it might have something to do with making something wetter than it is.

So I went over this with my wife and her first reaction was the f u are. She then agreed to do some of her own research before dismissing my crazy antics. She is charger of drying and curing. But I am going to try a couple of buds from my blueberry when it's ready in a couple of weeks if I can sneak some by her.

Comment

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• abadtrip
                abadtrip commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the help gg

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                NP

Jorge is just too cool, totally the Bob Ross of Cannabis.

• abadtrip
                abadtrip commented
                Editing a comment
                I love bob ross

When Bob said "happy little trees", I knew what he meant

🙄

Bob Ross-a brilliant man with a gift, that had the ability to teach others that gift.
              "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Very interesting concept that I have never thought of even doing. let us know what you used and how it turned out

Comment

Thanks GG that was very interesting now we know it can be done I have jorges bible great info
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Except that we got into a huge discussion some months back about Jorge saying you can wash WPM off in an H2O2 rinse. I tried writing to him on his website about the fact that WPM invades the entire system of the plant, so was he encouraging people to hold on to and possibly distribute mildewy weed? Never heard back from him, but it's still a question on my mind...

• GanjaGed
                    GanjaGed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As I understand it, and I may easily be wrong, is that WPM is actually 2 organisms that have a symbiotic relationship, there's the actual mold which we can see and then there's the virus which is internal.

I don't know if the virus has any toxic properties, but considering that we don't scrap a grow but instead fight the mold it would seem that the virus isn't an issue.

Yup, I rinse all my outdoor harvests in that mixture of peroxide and water. Washes off dust, forest fire ashes, crap from the fir above, fireworks from the neighbor, some street pollution… doesn’t do shit to help drying though, not sure where that comes from. Ratio of peroxide is so low, 1 cup per 5 gallons, it’s pretty harmless, considering too that stuff breaks down real fast in light. Never, ever had a single rotten bud on my drying racks. Period. Lots of fans running on low for a slow dry. 65-69 degrees, 55-60% rh. 10-14 days on the rack then in paper bags for another 7-10 days. Jorge Cervantes is a pro. Buddy of mine came up in the growing ranks with him here in Oregon, back in the days. I smoked some of his stuff once, no brown bud to be seen I promise you!!! Just some smooth dank Ganja!
                  x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                    Gingerbeard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    4.5 years. Good that you're getting back to people.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X