Ppm help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ppm help...

So I'm on my 2nd grow and I just picked up an EC/PPM meter. For my first grow I created my own feeding schedule and it worked pretty darn flawlessly. This time I'm following

He says after he mixes his nutes his meter reads 700ppm, but when I mix mine following the same exact recipe with same nutes mine reads like 400+. My question is how much of each base nutrient should I be adding to bring it up? He says he runs about 900-1100 during final flower, which I'm in my final month of flower.... I ended up adding another table spoon of bloom and one teaspoon each of micro and gro, but stopped there because I didn't want to over do it and lock them.
    I'm a total newbie with the whole ppm stuff so anyone who has some experience and feels like helping me out would be much appreciated.
    p.s. My grow is golden goat.

Comment

And here is the next gen...the baby clones

Comment

Could it be the water he's starting out with? (Just a theory -- I know less than you do about ppm!)
        My first grow

Comment

my understanding about ppm is that it measures dissolved nutes so the more nutes you add the higher the ppm . could you post another picture of that bud . the babys look great nice and healthy
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

PPM seems to be less for me when using organic Fox Farm nutrients instead of the synthetic stuff.

Comment

PPM meters, or TDS meters as they are properly called use the salt content to measure the Electrical Conductivity of a solution, or EC. These salts are not present in the Fox Farm organic nutes in their fresh state. The ppm scale is just a translation from EC to PPM and different manufacturers use different ppm scales for their products which confuses the issue even more.(REMEMBER I DONTKNOWNUTTIN) I JUST READ ALOT!
              Last edited by dontknownuttin; 07-21-2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I'm using the exact same nutes as the guy in the post. The only difference is he uses RO water and I'm using tap, so if anything mine should be higher not lower than his....

Comment

hey guys i stumbled upon a youtuber veggie grower, very educated and he makes the fastest and most informative videos about serious growing ive seen, you will

Comment

• Vapo69
                    Vapo69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dude 9fingerleafs I saw this vid the first time then lost it..........so glad you reposted......thanks....he does a good 315w CMH review too
                    Last edited by Vapo69; 07-22-2017, 04:53 AM.

• 9fingerleafs
                    9fingerleafs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes, that's how professional gardeners roll

Here's another picture but of all 4

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X