Medical Marijuana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Marijuana?

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    GrowWeedEasy.com is dedicated to showing you how easy it is to grow your own marijuana at home (with as little time and effort as possible)!

Hi Rod, There is tons of evidence all over the internet and tons of people on this forum who use cannabis in place of prescription meds. Just do a little more research on the internet.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I agree with Alltatup, it will help whatever ailment you have got , they also must legalize everywhere because of that reason it works.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

The problem is, that in many cases, all we have is personal experience and testimonial. Scientific research has been difficult in the U.S. due to political interference

I look forward to science unlocking the secrets of cannabis. For something that has been used as medicine for 4000 years, we have much to learn.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I'm 66 years old and I thought by now we would have some of the smart, old freaks from the 1960s running this Country by now instead of the same old Rednecks.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I KNOW!!!! WTF happened to all the freaks!!!??? I guess we decided to stay the fck out of politics...

hey Daas us old rednecks resent that ,those in office are morons lol.Ok Rod I use weed to help with nerve pain ,I was on 180mg of morphine and 240 mg of oxycodone for years ,when I started they worked but not long after it took more and more.it really didn't help the nerve pain it just made my whole body numb. when I started to use weed again it stopped the pain ,I was amazed so freakin happy I could cry. I came off everything and was quite happy. able to get back to livin life again instead of thinking about ending it so yes it works
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I have had two major strokes. The doctors said I would never walk or even talk again. Now I drive a car and fly Quadcopters over police check points (I'm one of those 1st and 4th amendment guys) . . YES weed has replaced about 80% of my prescription meds.
            Last edited by dontknownuttin; 06-28-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I hear you dontknownuttin.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

I tried street weed once in 1996, didn't like it.

One of my VA providers recommended it for my ptsd but due to job I couldn't. I don't have that job and I got diagnosed with a third chronic pain condition and was looking at going on percocete for the rest of my life, another VA doctor told me to try it. I honestly did not have high hopes.

I use 1 to 1 or higher (preferably) CBD to THC relieves the pain helps with anxiety and I don't get any kind of annoying high.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank GOD you didn't have to go for the percocet. I had a friend back in TX who got totally addicted to that shit.

• Formernuke
                  Formernuke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's why I didn't go for it. Long tern opiates is a guaranteed addiction.

I was on massage therapy 2x a month-tens unit, percocet,tylenol,mobic,flexril for decades, when my doctor decided to stop prescribing percocet for everyone- (he subsiquently retired)
                I was only taking 1-2 a day and percocet was the least of my worries.
                Why I hadn't gone into liver failure from the tylenol was my biggest concern.

To state there isn't enough US studies is a middle of the road- kinda thought process and many studies are available as there are scientists and capable doctors around the world.
                In fact, I usually look outside the US for marijuana growing information and studies- as many countries have been growing legally for a very long time and have more experience/wisdom than the USA.

Yet, my pain would be considered moderate.

So, I decied to give medical marijuana a try and as I just described it to my new physician:
                - Medical Marijuana is like Lawyers- everyone hates them(it) until they need it.-

I had just changed my licensure to inactive pharmacist- so figured I had nothing to loose and the time was right.

Bottom line it worked, and my new doctor is on board prescribing percocet for travel as Medical Marijuana and travel is the biggest gap I had in pain relief.
                Last edited by Weed Pharma; 06-28-2017, 07:38 AM. Reason: added wisdom
                It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  travel scares the hell out of me ,we were supposed to go to England this summer and all I kept thinking about was how I was going to get though it I mean we can't bring meds with us and I absolutely do not wan't to take any form of opiates again, took 7 months to get off of them. so I have 1 year to figure it out I promised the wife we would go next year

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's rough OJH unless you're going somewhere where you can get what you need. Try to convince her to go to the Netherlands instead!!! Someplace where you can get your meds!! Surely she doesn't want to see you using opioids!!!!

• Potted
                  Potted commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rso in caps should take care of your travel problems, OJH

This is how weed has helped me with my medicines.

Everything that I stopped using is an anti-inflamatory, pain med, or sleeping aid. 8 meds reduced to 3. I do still have 1 script for pain meds for really bad days but I rarely use them. On top of that one of the pills is for high blood pressure which we've been able to cut in half and may be able to remove all together.

Now since that time I have added 2 new meds but they are symptom suppressors so not much I can do about that. But I have been able to stay on lower doses of Carb/Levodopa and I do believe that weed has helped with that too.

It took me a while to understand and use cannabis as both a therapeutic and as an aid to my meds rather than just as a recreational use.

And that's not even considering how beneficial growing has been with keeping me active and helping with my cognitive problems.
                The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is SO WONDERFUL!!! It almost makes me wanna cry to know that you can let go of some of those meds.

I have a question, I thought this thread would ask it. Maybe it is in some way.

What's the difference between a strain that's sold as a "strong indica", and a "medicinal" strain? I've noticed the medicinal strain has a lower THC, and probably very high CBD, while strong indica can have high (19%) THC and medium CBD. That's the technical stuff. I understand the relation between THC and CBD, the later reduce the effects of the first, the first bolster the second. Or something like that. But how does it REALLY feel, I mean, have anyone of you smoked some medicinal strain? Seeing the low THC, high CBD, i'd guess its not a wrecking ball. It gives medicine, but not like it'll put you out? Can someone explain me how the difference feel? I'm growing strong indica, and wondering if medical strain would be better for "day time".
                Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Minoo96
                  Minoo96 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the answer ^^ I'll have to try it myself then, but I guess a little high is always nice, compared to no high. Depends on method of ingestion, if its smoking... i'd rather smoke strong indica strain than medical strain, if it's anything like you're saying. If it's through cannacap, then medical strains could work!

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you tried micro-dosing? Low-dose edibles?

The absolute best day time medical use I've personally had was a box of 10mg hard candies a friend brought me from Colorado a while back. I'd eat half of one and the other half about mid-day. I'd get a very slight head-change from it, but as for calm and reduced pain, amazing. On a bad pain day I'd eat a whole one which you can feel a bit more but leaves you, or at least left me, clear enough to function.

I can't get anything here in the icy wastes so I've been trying to moderate day use with a one hitter lightly packed as needed. Not as good for managing the high but still with in reason.

From the little experience I have with quality edibles, my impression is I like them much more as a day time controlled therapeutic, but for kicking back in the evening or if I'm wanting a "recreational" high it's smoking hands down for me,

• Minoo96
                  Minoo96 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Micro dosing doesn't work. Doesn't calm me. Edibles never tried, but will do Planning on making cannacap simply, like that no problem (but also other edibles, for tryout). I don't have to eat to get "high"/better, or at least I shouldn't have to ^^ Different strength cannacap, different strains, to try everything i can Maybe i'll find my happiness there, but i was just wondering about the medicinal strains. I think my question was answered, thanks

DAY 29! The 400 watt MH 10K experiment I believe is a all around success ! The Auto pounder is in full bloom at only 29 days!. Plant height is now at the 5 foot level in the tent. I have switched bulbs out now the new 600 watt HPS bulb is hard at work 24/7 !. I was surprised at the speed of vegetation growth of this plant! I could almost say the plant is ahead of itself by a couple of weeks. The flowering sights are plainly visible I estimate the tent roof is still 2-3 feet away so the flowers should have lots of stretch room!. All nutrients are at 100% at this time, I am however cutting back on the " N" Cal Mag at 5ml per gal. 100% RO used. Outside temp. here today is 114 WOW THATS HOT!!!! Temp. at canopy level now 71 above root temp. now 73.7 RH 16%
                Last edited by dontknownuttin; 06-29-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sweet!

Needless to say I am lounging in my grow area in my skivvies drinking a brew!. This is better than a cruise vacation!

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DKN, Jeg, you and everybody else on this forum. The grow room is our favorite space in the entire cosmos...

Why I grow; I take no prescription drugs and over the counter drugs only rarely. I eat an 1/8 tsp to a 1/2 tsp of cannabutter every morning and smoke about 1.5 grams a day. I am in better shape than the day I left boot camp 19 years ago and ten lbs lighter. My twenty-five-year-old classmates hit on me, shamelessly. My mind is clearer than it has ever been, and for the first time in decades I am, can remember being, and have hope that I will remain, happy. I have all the evidence I need. There is more to life than what your doctor says. That said, don't stop taking your pills without consulting a physician first.
                SSD

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X