No announcement yet.

Starting to think about my next grow, want input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Blue , I bet the others follow along . Just be extra careful not to overwater and they will be fine.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DAAS. I have the patience of Job so I wait!

Plants are funny things. Two days after planting seeds with very good roots, the first mystery plant popped up. I have no clue what strain or anything, it was the mystery seed send with my order. It already has started it's second set of serrated leaves/ Two days after that seedling pooped its head out of the dirt the second mystery seed popped it's foliage out of the soil. It's shorter, and different than the first mystery seedling. Today I noticed that the Jackpot seedling, the one I wanted and lost the other two seeds during the last grow, has started to pop some green out of the soil. So every two or 3 days they pop out. I planted the last of the seeds I had, didn't really plan on 3 plants because I am thinking that I don't have enough room for 3 plants. I'll figure it out if all of them live to maturity. I'm psyched, excited and can't wait for my medicine to grow and mature and do its job.
    I wish I could post pics but don't have a smart phone and my camera doesn't take pictures worth a damn, so y'all have to use your imaginations and my descriptions to understand how they look!

For those in the path of Irma, my thoughts are with you. For those who went through Harvey last week, my heart is with you. So much happening back to back, makes it seem like the Earth is pissed off and throwing a fit to get our attention. I know it has mine, especially after hearing about the earthquake in Mexico last night. What's next? And alien invasion?
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome news! They all look super healthy (in my imagination)! This is definitely going to make up for your grow gone bad! PS I'm hoping for aliens!

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes an alien that goes by the name of Trump, so be extremely wary.

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Shit! You mean they're already here?!

The Jackpot see did not come out! It has stayed a little green ball at the top of the soil. The other two seedlings are growing just fine, but that one is not growing. I guess the Jackpot strain I really wanted to try were just all duds. I keep misting and hoping, but am pretty sure that it's not going to do anything more than it is.
    Yes, Aloner, they are already here and spreading fallacies about the weather in FL...I've been watching liberal conspiracy theory all day. It's amazing how realistic they have made it!
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Seeds:

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a movie or commercial he's NOT in? LOL!

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they used the same effects crew that worked on the "moon landing"

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Blue ,who are the liberal conspiracy theorists? ? Is Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh one of them ??

D.A.A.S I think it was Rush Limbaugh saying that the hurricane was a liberal hoax, but he beat feet outta there before he could see for himself! I wanted to lash him to a palm tree and turn up his cochlear implant so he could hear 165 mph wind! But I have been told I have a mean streak by more than one person. LOL!!
    A lot has happened since the forum went down. The Jackpot seedling did zip, zilch, zero.
    Yesterday was one month since they went into the soil. One seedling came out on Sept 3, then the second one popped out on Sept 5. The first seeding that came up is huge now, at least 15" tall and lanky, I've moved the light up so many times, it's covered in budlets and I'm giving it as much light as I can, I'm considering getting another clamp on light and give it another 60w of CFL. The tent is covered in reflective material so both plants are being blasted with light.
    The second seedling took 13 days before it grew more than 2 sets of leaves. I thought it was stuck. I don't know what its problem was, we had people in the house, and I turned the light off for an hour and a half and the next day I noticed that it had started to grow! Now it's beautiful! About half the height of the first, but covered in the little hairs that turn into buds. These plants are free range, no topping or pinching or anything. I might have to LST the smaller one, I'm waiting to see.
    I have high hopes for these plants. One is a lot darker than the other, but they are two different strains and mystery seeds so I don't know what they are. Great I hope!!
    If my phone took pictures I'd post some, and if my camera took a decent pic, ditto.
    Thank goodness the forum's back up, I've missed it!!

Current grow:
    mystery seeds (2)
    compost/perlite
    300w led, 60w cfl, small led (not sure of wattage)
    homemade tent 2.5x3x4' covered in reflective material
    temp stays right at 80
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Seeds:

Comment

I'm on day 55 since germination. I'm going to have a harvest!! The tall plant is fattening up really nice, but the lower buds need more time. She's tall and skinny, lanky I would say. I guess I'm going to have to find a stronger magnifying glass or jeweler's loupe to time my trichomes just right. Right now I can see them with the magnifying glass I have, but not good enough to see the color. I am figuring on at least 3 more weeks of grow time before I start to snip. That'll make it 76 days since germination.
      The smaller plant is a hoss. She's beautiful. I wish I knew what strain she is because I haven't have any trouble out of her at all, and she spread out like a centerfold and has buds all over her, climbing the stems, all bunched up.....it's a beautiful thing to see, she is not trained, neither plant was topped or trained. She's 13 days behind the tall plant, but is within 6-8 inches of being as tall. but twice the width. I wish I had pics, but don't. I'm hoping that after I get the taller plant harvested, I can do a slight LST on her to let the inner branches get more light and air. And she'll have the grow tent to herself for at least 3 more weeks after the other one is harvested. My husband says that their pics could go in High Times! I think he's prejudiced. But they are a beautiful sight to behold.
      I've been using Black Strap Molasses on the tall one. I noticed in another thread that unsulfured was the recommended kind. I found Grandma's but it wasn't black strap molasses. I went to another store and found Grandma's and again not black strap, but next to it was Brer Rabbit, it was unsulfured. I compared the labels, and it seems that the black strap has more magnesium, potassium and calcium than the Grandma's that wasn't black strap. So my theory is both molasses brands were unsulfured, but the black strap has more minerals in it than the one that isn't black strap. I'm lucky to live in the south where people actually eat that shit on biscuits or use it in pies. It was in almost every store I went into, just had to look for black strap.
      I'm psyched! But trying to be patient, and planning my next grow. I'll find out when my sister gets home in a few weeks if she found some seeds in her bag stuff. I hope she did, it'll save me from having to buy, but if I have to buy I will save my pennies and buy. Maybe by then I can figure out bitcoin and get some freebies.

Current grow:
      mystery seeds (2) auto/fem
      compost/perlite
      temp stays right at 80

Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay!!!!!!

Hey Bluecanoe good to hear from you again and I'm just as pumped as you are about your pretty plants, hated to hear about Blackjack not making it.
      I can tell you don't live very far from us cause we got that Grandmas an BrRabbit Molasses on every shelf here too, them buds love that stuff and we do to we put it on our buttered biscuits every morning that I'm lucky enough to have someone make homemade biscuits . Sure good to hear from you an good luck with your harvest.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-25-2017, 03:30 AM.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I love that stuff to Daas even being a dam yankee lol hey Blue they sell a plant molasses that sell for around 12 bucks, where you live so far out keep using what you can get . its nice to see this grow is going so much better than the last, and dont worry about the jackpot we all have our nemeses strain for me its alpolpoco gold grown it 3 years in a row outside just the seed plant will survive all the clones die off it really doesn't like nutes and it gets what the rest do maybe someday I'll try it inside lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

My loupe came the other day and my trichomes are still clear as glass. I am giving it a a few days at a time to see how they progress. I'm hoping to harvest by the end of this week or maybe next week sometime, today is day 65 from popping out of the soil. I don't want to rush it but damn, I sure want to try it! I've got my jars painted black, but don't think 2 jars will hold what I have to put in them once the buds dry out. My husband was making wine in 1/2 gallon mason jars so I might take one of them and paint it black just in case. I'm excited and already planning my next grow. even though I still have another plant to harvest after the big one.
          It'll be bigger, in space, lights and pots. I'm collecting things in bits and pieces like a crow, a pot here, light there, Kindsoil there, as I can find the money for it so I will have what I need when the time comes. I'm still trying to decipher bitcoin so I can get some freebies from Seedsman, that's who I'm ordering from this next time. It seems straightforward but then again I'm old school.

As one of our fellow growers says, Patience is a virgin!

Current grow:
          mystery seeds (2) auto/fem
          compost/perlite
          temp stays right at 80
          Current grow:
          2-300w led lights
          2- 5 gal fiber pots
          Seeds:

Comment

We would love to see some pics

Comment

• bluecanoe
              bluecanoe commented
              Editing a comment
              I would love to post some but my camera doesn't take good shots, all turn out blurry, and my flip phone doesn't take pics....Once I harvest I can possibly post pics of the size of the buds.

Sounds gd u dnt need to black out ur jars if u dnt want I dont

Comment

• bluecanoe
              bluecanoe commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone, I can't remember who, said light when drying was not that important, but that light once you put the buds into the jars to cure was, so he buys really cool black airtight canisters to put his buds in while they are curing and burps them every few days. I just don't want to get this far and eff something up by letting my curing buds get light! I'd be pissed!

Iv been cureing in clear jars for ever and never had any issue. Ull want a small rh meter to put in ur jars while cureing also b62 packs really help when that time comes.

Comment

The drying process u dnt want any light or minimum light because the plant is still alive but after its dry the plant doesnt care about light thats why u can keep cured weed anywhere and its fine.

Comment

Here are some pics of the buds off the top half of the big plant. The small buds got caught up in the process. There are still quite a few small buds left on the plant, and will hopefully grow larger. I hope they come out.
                The total weight of these buds is 1.39 oz wet. So much more than the measly .25 oz I got off the entire plant last grow! It's no 16 oz but it's a start and next grow will be bigger and better!!
                I wish I could get closer pics so you can see the shimmer of the trichs but hey, finally pics. The bud in my hand is the bud beside the pen. I'm proud of myself, and still have more to go. I can't wait til I can imbibe and enjoy.
                Current grow:
                2-300w led lights
                2- 5 gal fiber pots
                Seeds:

Comment

Bluecanoe,
                  I have been wait to see a picture and to say to you, congratulations Harvester! Good job, your buds look really good and I can not express how happy I am for your success.
                  Mr.F
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I'm as happy as I can be for you Blue, we told you ,you would do alot better this time, and those are real pretty too.You did a great job , and if they were mine, I would keep em in a dark place just to be safe, I can't wait for you to start your next grow.
                    Those buds , I hope they prove to be great medicine for you and your hubby.
                    Congratulations Blue, good job.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

• bluecanoe
                      bluecanoe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      D.A.A.S, I have them in a box, it's a rigged system, newspaper on the bottom to keep anything from falling through, a cookie cooling rack to keep it off the paper and a grease splatter screen on top of the cooling rack so the buds can get ventilation. I poked holes in the box on all sides. It's in the grow room, that's cool and dark, I have blackout shades in that room and they are nowhere near the grow tent. I'm proud of myself and glad that I at least go a harvest, the big bud weighs 1/2 oz by itself!! The other plant still has to mature and it's covered in buds, plus the remaining buds on the plant I partially harvested. Psyched I am!!
                      Thank you so much for your support, and you too Mr. F!! Couldn't have done it without you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X