No announcement yet.

Starting to think about my next grow, want input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to the Volunteer state many times ,like it there 2. UPS delivers mine I live out to they will bring it to you, look it up on the internet, when you order you will get it in 2 days or 3 max . It is just so easy that's why I say for a great first harvest, you can't beat KindSoil, use nothing but water that's all, no headaches , look it up and study on it ,I think you will like it. Be careful with all that running around. Later.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      DAAS, so you don't have to use nutes when you use KindSoil? Is that what you are saying? UPS will deliver to my house. We're so backwoods that our post office closes at noon during the week!!
      I was born and raised here. Just moved out of the city after our son died and business dropped off. Can't pay the bills when the phone's not ringing. So we sold our house to a flipper and got out, the only thing I miss is the food! I don't miss the traffic or commotion. Going from a city of 600,000 to a city of 600 is culture shock but I don't mind the peace and quiet. We've been forced to deal with it since the wreck. But I don't trust any other chiro than the one who's worked on us for 25 years. He's the Titans' chiro too, but I had him first!!
      I'll be checking into that....might save some $$ here and there by shopping around and using the advice in this forum. It's much appreciated.
      It's funny you closed with later, that's what my son used to say, we never said goodbye, just later. It was the last thing we said to each other, love you, later and is on his headstone. Later.

I used to be a driver-trainer for Covenant there in Chatt.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Ganja, I see those Covenant trucks everywhere. My brother drives for Holland.

I transplanted my one surviving clone today into it's forever pot. It's about 6 inches tall and has pistils all over it and is starting to smell. I'm still wondering if it's going to produce anything, we'll see. I'm waiting on my 300W led light, and the seeds haven't come in yet, but have been shipped. Next week should be when it all comes together.
    I have decided that I will germinate 1 jackpot seed and save the rest for later, how is the best way to preserve the remaining seeds for later? Fridge, freezer or just room temp?
    The clone has been under 24/0 led light and I'm not sure if I should change the light schedule yet, it might be difficult once the seed germinates. Will dropping it to 20/4 affect the seedling? What if I start the seedling off at 20/4? I've not had any luck with changing light schedules with my first grow. The plants tend to want to throw temper tantrums and curl up and act like they want to die until I put the light back where it was.

Just a question, does anyone use the roots for anything? Tea? Medicinal ointments? I saved my last ones.

First grow Northern Lights auto, netted .25 oz from dwarfed plant, second plant died.
    Second grow began 7/12/17
    2x3x4 space
    300W led (soon) Now small led/ cfl
    Northern Lights clone, Jackpot seed both auto and feminized
    soil--2 gal pots
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I failed to mention that my clone was 7 weeks old, Nebula said that auto clones take longer than the normal 2-3 weeks and since the plant had grown by leaps and bounds but no roots were poking through the drain holes I had to assume that it had rooted and was ready to transplant. We left town for 28 hours and when we came home there were 3 new sets of leaves! I have never seen anything like it. I'm hoping that this plant produces what its mother did not. All digits are crossed that I get some yield off this plant.

🌱 So you are cloning an auto-flowering strain? 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, Northern Lights. The mother plant was non-productive but before I realized she was a dud, I took 2 clones off her, they died. Then I took 2 more. One died and the other I transplanted the other day into it's forever pot. It had a great root system, and it did take 7 weeks to get established before I could transplant it. It's smelling and has pistils all over it. I took pics but for some reason my camera won't get a good pic without blurring. I don't have a smart phone so I can't take a pic and load it right up. It looks like sativa, and I am not a sativa person, I want relief from pain and sleep. I don't want to clean house!
      The Mother plant I took the clones off of seemed to be more sativa than indica, and it grew twice as tall and the sister plant I had growing beside it. After I harvested the dwarf plant, got a whole 1/4 oz off of it, and it was okay. We thought that maybe since the sativa-like plant grew taller and took longer to flower (actually didn't flower at all) that it could be photo and not auto, so I switched it to 12/12 and it just died. Even though I treated it like I had the entire grow it croaked. I took the roots from both plants tonight and ground them up and put some in brownies to see if it could help my pain and my husband's pain, we both felt something. And the rest of it, I added it to coconut oil and put it in the fridge to use as an ointment and see if it works as a topical analgesic. Won't know til you try huh?
      My Jackpot seeds came today. Got 3 of those seeds, and 2 mystery seeds, all auto and feminized. I'm going to germinate one seed and save the other 4 for later.
      So I'm well on my way to my next grow, once my 300W led gets here. I can't wait.

I'm proud for you Bluecanoe, we gonna get it right this time I promise you. How much longer before your LED comes in ? Just saying if it's pretty soon you can go ahead an get a seed starting to germinate. Either way we will talk to you tomorrow. Later..Volunteer.
    Cfls for a week or two
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      DAAS, I don't know when to expect my light. I have trust issues with delivery here. They can tell me specific (sort of) dates and it never comes and I have to go on a scavenger hunt. I'm hoping next week, no later than the middle of the next week. I don't keep up with days...but sooner rather than later I hope!

Yes Blue we are here for the grow we will help get you a great yield did you decide to go with kind soil?
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      No Old Jar Head, I didn't. I wanted to but things are tight here with bills coming in from the wreck, and having to buy a light....so I used what I had already bought, compost and vermiculite. I had sand but several people strongly suggested not using sand so I left it out and just used a 50/50 mix of compost and vermiculite. Next time I will go with kind soil. I plan on keeping a perpetual grow so I will be using it soon.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      blue I would spring for some per lite as well vermiculite will help with water retention but per-lite helps get soil airy you dirt could be to compacted good luck

OJH, I could have used perlite instead of vermiculite....have always confused the two. I have some left in the shed so I'll check. The clone is already in it's pot so I won't be changing it, but when I germinate the seed I will adjust the soil.
    Still waiting on the light, could be here as early as the 26th, or as late as Aug 2, but I'm not holding my breath, it might not make it to the PO Box. Patience is packed and I'm just waiting.
    I've got to be very stealth on Aug 2, have a woman coming to do a pre-inspection for work that needs to be done on the house via a USDA grant, we've been waiting since May for this so I can't put her off.
    I only have the clone growing and boy she stinks! I'm going to hide her in a cabinet where the woman will not be looking at repairs, and spray peppermint essential oils around the house to mask her smell, and don't think that a couple of hours without light will kill her, if it does then oh well. I have to get this work done on the house.
    I'm glad I haven't germinated the seed yet. Whew!
    As for the tent, I am going to fake her out with a pot of tomato slices, and a pot of cherry pits, I'll tell her that I read somewhere you can slice tomatoes and put them in dirt and they will grow, this is true, not a lie. I tried it last year outside and couldn't control the light/heat/moisture and squirrels so that will be my reason for having a grow tent in my back room! And I need to get the cherry seeds germinated before I can put them in the ground. I'm not a good liar but hope I can be that day.
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Seeds:

Comment

My 300w LED light came today. We got it hung, I wanted it lower because the plant seems to be stretching so much, but we couldn't get it lower, I still may have to raise the plant. This is the clone I'm using the light on, and the mother I took it from was a tall lanky plant. This plant is also tall and lanky, sativa-type leaves. Some of the leaves were weird at first, just 3 leaves and now as it's getting bigger had gone to 5 and now 7 leaves, more normal. It's covered in pistils and this time they are clumping in the joint where the leaf meets the stem. The mother never did that, just had pistils all harem scarem all over, but never did anything. The leaves have no curling, no brown spots, no yellowing so I think that it's okay.
      I would post pics but as I said before I can't take a pic without it being blurry, might be able to get a pic of just the plant and how lanky it is. I haven't pinched, snipped, topped or anything. I decided to let this plant act as if it were growing in the wild and see what happens. It's splaying out like I have it tied but I haven't. And it doesn't have a ton of leaves on it.
      With the perlite mixed in with the compost, it needs water every 2-3 days. As per Old Jar Head's suggestion I will get some perlite to mix in with the soil when I germinate the seed.
      I've been alternating with plain water and fertilizer. She sure stinks, more than her mother did. I'm hoping this isn't a practice in futility. When I first planted the clone into its forever pot it was about 6 inches tops, and now is at least a foot. I haven't measured to be honest. I can't remember when I potted it, I marked it on the calendar. It's been about 2 weeks I think.
      I haven't germinated any seeds, only plan to germinate one at a time, but have to wait. We have an inspection for work to be done on the house on Wednesday and they will have to come in. I've come up with a plan, I'm going to put a new trash bag in the trash can, put her in the can, cover her up and close the lid. And spray peppermint oils around the house. We talked about putting her in the cabinet but I don't know about that. I have some tomatoes in dirt trying to get them to grow, and some cherry pits on top of that...I will put them in the tent and if she asks I will tell her the truth. I am trying to grow tomatoes from the butts of tomatoes I have eaten, and get the cherry pits to germinate so I can plant some cherry trees. It's hot here and a I have asthma, it's hard for me to work in the yard when it's hot so this way I can control the temperature, light, water, and squirrels and I can't do that outside. I'm not a good liar so I won't even try. The truth will set me free!
      I haven't checked the water PH but will get some testing strips on my next trip to Home Depot. I have hard water and the plants seem to love it, so I don't think it's an issue, but will keep check once I germinate the .Jackpot seed. They are auto-fem too. I have 3 of those and 2 mystery seeds. Where should I store them until I germinate them? Right now I have them laying in a teapot in a cool room. I wasn't sure if I should put them in the fridge or freezer.

So, right now for my 2nd grow I have one plant,
      Auto, female, Northern LIghts clone
      300w LED, 1-60w cfl, small fan and ceiling fan
      50/50 compost and vermiculite
      2 gal pot
      Temp is right at 80
      I need a humidity gauge, but will get a dehumidifer with the repairs so I will be able to control to the % the RH.

Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

I just measured the plant, she's 15" tall, grown 3 inches in 3 days. She's the oddest plant I've ever seen. Has long stems from main stem to leaves, not very compact or bushy at all. At this rate she's going to be as tall as me and I won't have room. I've sworn not to trim, top or pinch anything since I did with the mother and got zip from her. Still lots of pistils but no budding to speak of,
        She was 7 weeks as a clone, and has been potted since July 12 (3 weeks Wednesday). I don't know how to time the veg to flower. Since it's an auto, I guess I'll let her time herself.
        I checked and I used 50% perlite and not vermiculite when I mixed the soil. I don't guess it matters, the drainage is great. It's a wait and see situation as far as I'm concerned. I try not to sweat the small stuff. I'm just hoping for a yield of some sort.

So, right now for my 2nd grow I have one plant,
        Auto, female, Northern LIghts clone
        300w LED, 1-60w cfl, small fan and ceiling fan
        50/50 compost and perlite
        2 gal pot
        Temp is right at 80
        Current grow:
        2-300w led lights
        2- 5 gal fiber pots
        Seeds:

Comment

This damned plant is growing like crazy but doing nothing at all. The bunched pistils are hard to find now. It's 18" tall, and spindly as shit The top leaves are looking odd, I spoke too soon about brown spots.
          I think I'm wasting energy and time with this plant. I'm beginning to think it's a dud like its mother. And after careful consideration, if I let the plant continue to grow, and I germinate at least one seed, there will be a huge discrepancy between what height the light needs to be at and I may not get anything worth anything off this plant. If I call it done and pull the thing up, germinate two seeds, there will be no confusion as to where the light needs to be, they will both be the same height at least for a while.
          I'm all about minimal stress and this plant is stressing me out. The only thing she has going for her is that she stinks. It's been 10 weeks since I started her as a clone, Should I throw in the towel or give her another week? That'd be enough time to get some seeds germinated and see if she's going to act right. My gut says pull her up and throw her away.
          Current grow:
          2-300w led lights
          2- 5 gal fiber pots
          Seeds:

Comment

I germinated two Jackpot seeds yesterday and put them into the soil today. I am hoping that I have a better yield than my last grow, it was Northern Lights auto, and only one gave me a yield. Maybe I will get a camera that lets me take pics that aren't blurred when they start to grow. No smart phone so no pics coming from there!

The clone I took from the dud plant was pulled up yesterday and discarded. It kept growing taller, the pistils disappeared and even though it smelled to high heaven showed no signs of doing anything except being a dud like the mother plant. I thought about it, and figured that I should just start from scratch, that way both plants would be the same height. Instead of a seedling and an 18" tall plant.

I've been using 2 gal pots and the plant I pulled up yesterday was rootbound, so just wondering when the Jackpot seeds get established should I transplant them into 3 gal pots or larger?

2nd grow
            300w led, 60w cfl
            2x3x4 tent
            small fan, fan on led light, ceiling fan
            Seed Supreme Jackpot auto-fem (2 seeds germinated and planted)

Last grow:
            small led & 60w cfl
            2x3x4' tent
            small van and ceiling fan
            ilgm Northern Lights auto
            1 seed didn't germinate, 2 plants did, one was a dud, one was a dwarf and yielded 1/4 oz
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Seeds:

Comment

Yes use larger pots, at least 3 gallon.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• bluecanoe
                bluecanoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks DAAS. I was sort of shocked, the last dwarf plant and even the dud didn't have an issue with the roots being bound up. Maybe that was my whole issue, they didn't have a good enough root system to be decent plants.
                I'm going to get some 3 gal pots, I really don't have room for anything bigger, and switch from compost/perlite to kind soil just as soon as my new plants pop up. I'm learning more everyday!

Well, today after much consternation, contemplation and thankfully no constipation (LOL) I decided to germinate all three of the seeds I had left. Figured that since the first two were duds maybe others would be too so if I germinated all of them, at least one would pop. To my amazement and elation all 3 popped! So today I put them in their forever home until I pluck those suckers and hopefully enjoy the hell out of them.
              I intend to keep them on 24/0 light and won't trim, pinch or top. I'll just lst them if they start to get really big. I'm hoping for a better yield than the first grow. I went with 3 gallon pots this time instead of 2 gal.
              May the grow gods be with me.

Current grow:
              One is Jackpot auto-fem
              2 mystery seeds auto-fem
              compost w/perlite
              300w led
              60w cfl
              small fan
              ceiling fan
              homemade tent 2.5'x3'x4'
              Current grow:
              2-300w led lights
              2- 5 gal fiber pots
              Seeds:

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Yay, you've got this BlueCanoe.

I'm with Mr.Furley ,someone here will have your back. Good Luck BC
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

I have one seedling that popped up yesterday! It is one of the mystery seeds. I worry about the other 2 seeds, but they all had great roots and they were all planted the same way, in the same soil, and have gotten the same light, so maybe I just have an over-achiever! I'm hoping that they will all be over-achievers. So I mist them a couple times a day, and have been turning the one seedling so it'll grow straight, And I talk to them to give them encouragement and myself some solace that I'm doing everything I can! All digits are crossed for 3 nice healthy plants.
                Current grow:
                2-300w led lights
                2- 5 gal fiber pots
                Seeds:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X