No announcement yet.

Death stench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The containers all sit on a wire grate with a runoff basin below, her coir isn't producing the smell it has the same earthy tones it always does to me. My girl seems to be producing this smell from her pistils, one of the lowest preflowers(which wouldn't produce anything besides something larfy) I rubbed between my fingers and it definitely smelled like carcass. I've never had a problem with stagnant air in the tent or grow room, so I won't say that it's not a type of bacteria but if it is then it's coming right from her flowers.

(I apologize if my writing seems short, this migraine has me seeing spots when it gets to kicking.)

Have an excellent weekend all!
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Feel better, sss!!!

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy... hopefully her aroma will improve as she matures. Like St. Buds, I had an AK-48 that smelled like cat piss. Before I hooked up the carbon filter a friend thought I had a cat and needed to change the litter box!

I have an update! I finally went from a brainwashing throb of a migraine to a mediocre headache somewhere around two (blackout nap and a cannacapsuleworked wonders). I went for the room to take a look and see what I could do about getting her better airflow so after switching and mixing I had everything situated the way I liked I began looking at the girls. And wouldn't you know it was meant to be?! Because no more do I grab two and begin examining to find they're both men in ladies attire! The girl still stinks up the room, it's not as crazy as it was (I could just be getting used to it).
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

She now has several budlets, and forming budlets everywhere! The stench has gone from a rank carcass stench to a sickly sweet stench, still have never experienced this. Imagine crossing caramel scent with roadkill, not sure if I can smoke her, but hopefully curing and a good drying will help the smell adapt into something more likeable and less revolting!

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, SSS, you're going to have your hands full with those sativas!! Tomorrow starts week 14 of flower for my landrace sativa, and she's just beginning to curl in her pistils which are turning golden. Yeeeeesh!!!

• SinsemillaScientist
        SinsemillaScientist commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that's quite an extensive flowering to me! I think the longest I've gone by checking trichs is 11 weeks, but I was told that these sativas are non-hybridized so they will probably take quite awhile to mature. Was also told the stretch is easily 3x the original plant height. She grew a 20+ foot plant from these seeds!!!! I'm thinking excellent candidates for Scrogging, or manifolding!!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the pure landraces can go incredibly long in flower, but they say it's worth the wait! Sometimes you just don't want a hybrid!! I LST'd my girl like crazy, and now there are buds all over the grow box, but I can't really get a good picture of it. I'll try again.

Sad day everyone. My home was built in 1934 (small railroad town.) Turns out my wiring in the house is outdated and quite harmful! I have no other growers in my area where I live (at least none that I know or trust). So with a heavy heart I payed my bill cut the electricity and am now in the process of rewiring my home. It's been a depressing few days thus no post. I apologized to the girls as they drew there last water. What I had is now drying/curing. Keep ol' SS in your thoughts!

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Awwww, so sorry for your loss, but congrats on getting new wiring in a wonderful old house!!! That's a good thing.

Sucks you weren't able to do sections at a time on your home. I had to rewire my workshop, all I had to do was cut the breaker off and then get to work. I can't imagine working on nearly 100 year old wiring
      Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
      3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
      GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
      Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
      2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
      1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
      2 Big Nugs
      Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

Thanks all for kind words, IanHale , that's what I originally planned but if I could have shown you these wires, they were frayed, clearly open, suprised my house hadn't burned down so I didn't want to risk safety.

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          berrypilot It is so good you found out about that. If you are not in a legal state, I woner if you could re-pot them and hide them properly? If you don't have to wrry about that, do you have to worry at all?

• berrypilot
          berrypilot commented
          Editing a comment
          🌱 I am lucky enough to be in a legal state, so I know there's nothing to worry about legally, but I get nervous about people coming back in the fall and stealing the plants. This happened to a neighbor! The plants were stolen out of his backyard just a week before he planned to harvest! He thinks he knows the neighbor that did it, because he had seen them looking over the fence before, but he felt there was nothing he could do about it. A whole summer wasted, and no weed for the winter

My backyard is surrounded by forest and doesn't even have a fence around the edge so if you knew where to look it'd be really easy to come onto our yard.

I think I'm going to go buy a couple other types of plants like tomatoes and sunflowers and pink jasmine, and plant them around just so the weed plants stand out less. If I see anyone looking I'll dig them up and build them a greenhouse or find someplace else safe! 🌱

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Good plant, bp: Stop cannabis kidnapping in its tracks! What happened to the neighbor is a sign of the times...

I feels, but if it needed to be done it needed to be done.

no way around it
        Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
        3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
        GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
        Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
        2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
        1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
        2 Big Nugs
        Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X