First grow started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow started!

Hey everyone! I received my jock horror auto seeds 2 days ago, and got them up and running yesterday! I'm using hydrogalaxy's 600w led and doing top fed dwc in a grow tent. Got 5 seeds, planted 4 in rapid rooters and placed them in my hydroponic system.

I already made a mistake right off the start, as I went down to check on them about 10 hours in, I noticed the rapid rooters were too wet (quite shiny) so I squeezed out the extra water and put the top feed a little lower in the net pots. I know you're supposed to leave them alone, but I couldn't help myself and took a look in the rapid rooter, and saw that one seed already has cracked and started a very tiny Taproot!

So excited to see them raise up out of the rapid rooters! I'll keep posting updates throughout the grow, and maybe even get some pics in!

I checked the pH this morning, and one tote was good, but the other was a little high,so I brought it down to the proper range.

This site is what made me decide to start doing this myself, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result!!!

Any idea on how far away these particular LEDs should be kept away at this point? They're pretty high up right now (30+ inches), but I figure I'll lower it a bit when I see them sprout.

Thanks for reading my excited rant!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

lol I know the feeling! (Started my first grow last month.) Welcome to the club!! Sorry I can't offer advice since I'm growing outdoors in soil but I know someone will be along shortly with loads of advice. Good luck with the grow, I'll be watching with interest!
    My first grow

Comment

One member here said he uses that light at 24 inches from the plant Nebula's tutorial says she had it 30 inches away.

Comment

Finally figured out how to resize photos, so here is my starting setup! I plan on getting some type of ledge to put the air pumps on so they aren't on the totes themselves, but everything is going good. 78 degrees and 60% humidity
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

I run the same light, I follow this, which seems insane at first, but I have no complaints.

Germination - 56"
          Veg - 46"
          Flower - 36"

Could they be closer, probably, but LEDs are a bit different, you aren't as worried about heat as you are about light burn and bleaching, at least with these cheaper LED's, the better quality ones likely are a bit different.

This is from the mfg:as you can see I run at the min distance recommended:

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            Just saying that's the mfg spec and what I run. I'm certain they can be run closer esp, in the veg stage but I did burn and bleach my first test plants under them. But I was dropping it down in the 12-18 inch range maybe a touch closer.

I would try to get as close to the recommended distance as possible and play with distance from there, you're only a foot shorter than my tent so it shouldn't be an issue, i wouldn't think.

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            Also there are lots of people who say they are running them close like a MH/HPS distance. So even though it didn't work for me close does work for some apparently.

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info man! I just ordered a 3x3x6 just to be on the safe side, so if I do need to I could make the switch when the time comes. It would be a pain to switch in the middle of it, but it would be better than getting light burn lol. I'll keep you updated on how everything goes!

Hey 476 , mine is just a 300 watt ,165 at the wall ,an I used cfls the first week or 2 till they got up pretty good, then put the led at 22 inches for 2 or 3 weeks ,then lowered it to where it is now at 18 inches ,hope this helps some. Good luck, I'm sure your going to do great.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man! I'm so eager to get out of work and go home and check on them!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X