Too damn hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too damn hot

I will Begin by saying I'm glad I painted my buckets White I'm glad did I put the pots on bricks and a sun shade over the top they're about two feet tall 50/50 Indica sativa they we're doing extremely nicely but then came the Sun about 110 today bottoms are beginning to Yellow and some son leaves on the top Otherwise reaching and still looking basically healthy watering in the mornings everyday due to heat wave but if one doesn't need it I don't give + nodes are not burnt Heat Wave going to last at least a week and it's staying about 98 underneath screen Any thoughts ?

🌱 When it's really hot I've found the most important thing is to keep the roots cool. I put my pots inside another empty container so that there's an air pocket between the sun and the outside of the container. Like I have smaller pots with the plant inside, and then I put the pot in a bigger empty pot. The next most important thing is to get them a little shade, so for example moving them to a shady area, or somehow putting a cover over them. Make sure they get PLENTY of water, they can't dry out right now 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

I was going to start a post about something similar regarding heat. My garage turns into a sauna during the second part of the day whens its hot and my plants are in a cabinet. How hot is too hot for them? Right now it's usually between 75-85, but summer is COMING!

I'm concerned they might have to go outside early, they are a little small still.

Comment

additives with supplements containing seaweed extracts or silica have been known to help reduce the effects of higher than desirable heat. That being said, I don't know to what extent they work and if it will help if they're exposed to extreme heat day after day.
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

This heat wave is no joke right now. If I was flowering right now in my garage I'd be screwed

Comment

Thank you everyone

Comment

I'll let you all know how it goes

Comment

It's horrible...and I see this morning that they think the heatwave is going to go on for an additional four days beyond what they originally predicted!

After record lows about a month ago, we get this. I think this is the loooooongest heatwave I can remember here, and I'm not young.

The best (and easiest) thing I came up with is to wrap the pots up in an old white sheet, which does a great job of preventing the roots getting boiled, but it's still not enough. Even going out hourly and spraying the plants with cool water didn't prevent one from getting some leaves burned pretty badly.

I really don't know what to do except drag the plants into house at about 2PM.

It's even worse in Arizona.
                First-time California outdoor medical backyard grower -- Aurora Indica Feminized plants in soil.

Comment

My plants are doing just fine, even the OG. I knew the Delhi and Sativas would be fine but I was worried about the OG. I think the reason my plants are doing so well in the heat is very large pots.Not plastic but ceramic and and cloth pots.To my surprise the cloth are as good in the heat as the ceramic but I use 80 gallon cloth. My smallest pot is 30 gallon most are 50 -60. I give them water at 5 am with a garden hose until they are swimming and they are fine the rest of the day. High yesterday was 111 and low last night was 90. Plants are now 36-48 inches.

Comment

I need to buy a air conditioner for my garage I don't think my plants can survive another 4 days of this horrible heat wave.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X