No announcement yet.

New grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to start an indoor grow and order some seeds. I don't think I can wait for an outdoor grow. From what I've learned from this grow i think my second one will be dope. Plus I won't be starting with bag seeds but those bag seeds did well

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      So did you decide on a tent, lights, etc? I would strongly suggest that you get ALL OF THAT worked out before your seeds arrive. We talked about tents earlier in this thread.

My friend said I can use his light whenever I want now i just need to find a tent or just use my closet like I did this grow. I'd like to get a tent just so I won't have to deal with the light

Comment

great job, looking great!

Comment

Pretty cheap 4 x 4 x 6'8 tents on amazon for round 100 depending on what you get itll either cost a little less or more but i deffinatly should have invested in a taller one
        DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
        250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
        current grow: feminized blue wizard
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

Pmoe90

Does your friend have both a vegetative light and a flowering light? How strong are they, and how old are they? If he's already used them for a few grows, will they still be strong enough for your plants?

Here's some other stuff to consider:
          1. what the temperature in the grow space will be: where you live, will you need a heater for when lights are out, or will it stay warm enough? You don't want it to get too hot, either.
          2. same with humidity
          3. how you will circulate air in the grow space and if it matters if your house smell like weed
          4. height of the grow space
          5. When buying seeds, look for plants that grow to "medium" height so they don't outgrow the space you have for them.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Damn it's been awhile. How's everyone? I did decide to wait and grow this summer. The break was much needed. Just an update on my bud. I think it died. I chopped them down put them in jars opened the jars once a day for two weeks. This last week I did not open because of the things I read. Still smells like NOTHING some plants smell better than others but it don't smell good.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that, girl. If it smells like amonia, don't smoke it.

It doesn't smell like ammonia. just smells like hay. Some don't even have a smell

Comment

• tvbfe
              tvbfe commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe put in jar to dry ??

They're in jars now. Maybe it just needs longer they still look pretty as can be

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Pmoe90 it just occured to me to ask you, did you dry them in a cool, dark place, around 70 degrees? And what's the humidity like where you at?

You might try adding a Boveda 62 Humidipak in the jar with your buds. It can help regulate the humidity, which helps it cure better, and may possibly help reduce the bad smell.

Comment

alltatup I dried them for 4 days the room temp was 72 degrees the whole time. I had one of my friends smell and tried the bud. Said it smelled sweet not to much of a taste but got buzzed off it. NebulaHaze. Thanks for the idea might order some this week. I'm just glad my friend said he did get a buzz. It wasn't all for nothing

Comment

It was also dark no lights in the room

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, you did that part correctly. There are so many reasons why your buds could not have much smell...

How do YOU like the smoke?

I just want a smooth smoke. I don't want the a harsh smoke. The smell is definitely turning to more of a sweet smell. The high is so far more of a head buzz

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is it smooth or harsh?

I'e tried one of my plants. The smoke was not harsh there' a faint sweet taste. I'm wondering if I keep them in the jars and not open for a couple weeks they'll get stronger

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If the bud wasn't very strong after drying, it may not get much stronger. There is a lot that goes into making the bud turn out real sticky icky and strong. If it was bag seed, that may have been why. It's best to get well known strains that are strong producers, and learn all that goes into growing top shelf bud. Genetics is probably the most important thing, but you got to know what you're doing with nutes, light, heat, etc.

Yea I still call the grow a successful one

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then so do I!! Get yourself some good seeds, though...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X